NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

It shows you where they are on the map. It makes finding hidden ones with the Lens of Truth really easy. :D

That's incredibly odd. Every time I've got the Compass so far, I've looked at the map and it has no secrets left. The only explanation is that I've already got them all before I got the Compass.

well that's good news hopefully we should get these emails soon then so we won't lose out on the CD.

Hand over the CD's NoE!

tumblr_l4h54iq7v81qbo7zho1_400.gif

That's incredibly odd. Every time I've got the Compass so far, I've looked at the map and it has no secrets left. The only explanation is that I've already got them all before I got the Compass.

ARe you looking at the map on the bottom screen or the one in the bottom right corner of the top screen?

Just beat the Fire Temple, speaking of compass... I actually managed to get to the Boss Key and didn't have the compass.... haha, totally forgot where it was, had to backtrack all the way for it :heh:

Oh and that scarecrow can be a bitch sometimes, Navi will point out the spot when you are stood in a number of different spots near it but you have to play the song from an exact spot by the door it seems :heh: I was playing it over and over I was getting pissed off at how poorly composed I made it :heh:

Will probably get to work on the BigGoron Sword next before I go to the Water Temple

Oh also, as nobody answered this from the previous page....

Few questions though... maybe I'm confusing areas/games but I could have sworn there was a heart piece on top of the shop in the Kokori village that the hover plant gave access too.. but there was nothing when I went up there.

And also in the Lost Woods, the area with the bridge you cross over to get to Hyrule. The hover plant in there I thought brought you to a heart piece too... but there was nothing there now? Did they move some of the heart pieces?

... shall I assume then that I must be confusing games and areas or have I gone mad and there are meant to be hearts in these spots?

... :blank: ...

Yeah I know it's weird but if you think about it, the whole 7 years of darkness that Ganondorf held over Hyrule was all Links (and Zeldas I guess) fault. If he didn't go and get the 3 stones, if he didn't open the door of time, if he didn't pull out the Master Sword, then Ganondorf would have never got his hands on the Triforce and would have never gained the power it would give him.

So if Link really wanted to save Hyrule all he really had to do was get the stones (so that he could rid those 3 dungeons of monsters and save the people they effected) and then just go home. So the Princess was missing and a few Hylian soliders got killed. But Ganondorf wouldn't have gained ultimate power and thus not been able to take over. :blank:

Though I guess would have made for a short game then...

:heh:

ARe you looking at the map on the bottom screen or the one in the bottom right corner of the top screen?

Ah... thanks, that explains it. I can't get used to the new ways. ;)

... shall I assume then that I must be confusing games and areas or have I gone mad and there are meant to be hearts in these spots?

I'm not overly familiar with this game, but I think you're right in both cases.

Also, I keep getting perfect scores in the Archery game in Kakariko Village (literally, not an arrow wasted), and yet all I got was a rupee. Do you not get a heart piece for this? Oh, I know... I bet the reward is a bigger quiver, isn't it? I haven't got the bow yet. Doh!

Just saved at the start of the Forest Temple, went a little crazy before hand though... Got the Goron Tunic, Zora Tunic, Iron Boots, Golden Scale, Big Goron Sword and loads of gold skultulas/heart pieces before I made my way to the Forest :heh:

Gotta love that Zora tunic, always liked the blue!

^ I was basically doing that in real time last week - it was so awesome :D

Look what finally arrived this morning!!!

IMG_0785.jpg

Just got a text from Aneres11, his has arrived as well.... no pre-order stuff for the both of us though!

Seems our post is running a few days behind everyone else...

Amazingly i have not started the game yet! But i have registered on the nintendo site and it says that i can get the CD and asked for my address details.

EDIT: Had an e-mail from NoE as well just saying to allow up to 8 weeks for delivery.

Edited by Mike1988uk
Added Text

Well, just finished the game. Enjoyed every minute. It felt new despite being old.

Going to wait a few weeks before I start Master Quest

Just started playing this before, not long, just got the sword and shield but does this game kick anyone else offline?

I tested it a few times and does it without fail, top right on home screen while game paused says 'enabled' but is grayed out and it says i'm showing as offline. I only go online if i keep it on the friends screen for a bit but then as soon as i start playing again i go offline.

Wtf?

Did the Forest Temple last night. Man, it has freaky music! I never noticed it back in the day, playing it on my TV, but now, listening to it through stereo headphones, I can hear all the unusual chanting. It's incredibly immersive.

One thing I forgot was how difficult it was, in terms of puzzles and just generally being complicated. I kept thinking of Rezourceman and how he'd be tackling it (sorry, Rez!) One chest seems to need the Lens of Truth, and yet I don't think it's possible to get that before the Forest Temple. Obviously, it's not a necessary chest.

The boss isn't that difficult, providing you have enough arrows. I ran out, and he doesn't seem to throw you any more. Had to save my game and fill my quiver.

I've been thinking myself about how tough a newcomer might find the game. It really isn't engineered to help the player find his way (Obviously there's the new sheikah stones but I've not used any so I don't know how effective they are). But there are small things like talking to the Goron to tell you about the statue in Darunia's room that stumped me - I only got through it because I remembered there was something else to do in Goron City!

I've been thinking myself about how tough a newcomer might find the game. It really isn't engineered to help the player find his way (Obviously there's the new sheikah stones but I've not used any so I don't know how effective they are). But there are small things like talking to the Goron to tell you about the statue in Darunia's room that stumped me - I only got through it because I remembered there was something else to do in Goron City!

Yeah that's the kind of thing that new people might not have a clue about.

Another thing was after fighting Dark Link. I forgot about the song of time block at the back of the area and exited back to the main room. When the time came, I was a key down and I could physically see on which floor and where on the map the key was (due to compass). But the access to that room was completely sealed off from that level, which meant various permutations of the water level / floor to access it (you drop down through a hole to that floor as it happens).

Well, like I said, I had no desire to start playing this game, so instead, I lend my 3DS+OoT3DS to my girlfriend.

This is her 3rd Zelda experience (after Twilight Princess and Spirit Tracks), but I just got off the phone with her and she said that she had no idea what to do at Death Mountain with the Gorons as Young Link.....

I do agree that there are quite some farfetched ideas in this game that might hinder progress.

Still, she's a clever one, she.

From what I remember from first playing it, I did it bit by bit (but spending hours on each section) and it took over a year to complete. Mainly due to not knowing where to go. It was like a massive, epic adventure.

I can see why the first visit to Goron Village can be confusing, especially since you need

Saria's song

Even though Navi kinda hints it to you, but even I forget you need it sometimes and I have to back track.

Really shows how piss easy the recent Zelda games from Wind Waker onwards have become, virtually holding your hand the whole way

Really shows how piss easy the recent Zelda games from Wind Waker onwards have become, virtually holding your hand the whole way

yeah i don't like being spoon fed directions, navi's often cryptic and vague clues were enough back in the day to make this game last months! now you can do a speed run of a game on your first play through

OOT on the N64 was actually my first Zelda game (played ALttP and others after it), to I guess you could have called me a newcomer at the time. WHile I did have some moments of head scratching I still managed to figure things out on my own (back in the time before we had internets so I certainly didn't "google" anything, haha).

The first time you get to Goron City as young Link I didn't have much of a problem as I took Navis hints and saw Saria first.

Though I think I may have stopped for dinner or something after the first visit to Karariko and turned off the N64 so when I started it up again I was back in the forest and wondered where Saria was.

Though parts that did have me very confused the very first time I played it were.

When you first go back to Goron City as Adult Link.

I had no idea what to do or where to go... took me a good long while ti figure out I had to

Bomb the rolling Goron :heh:.... even though I had done it as a kid :heh:

I think it took me about 3 weeks to beat the game my very first time.

One chest seems to need the Lens of Truth, and yet I don't think it's possible to get that before the Forest Temple. Obviously, it's not a necessary chest.

No, none of the chests in there need the Lens of Truth... I think I know which chest you are on about.

If it's the one I'm thinking of you need to hit one of those eye things with an arrow.

Not to be controversial in an ocarina wankfest here, I'm absolutely loving the game don;t get me wrong, enjoying it more than I did originally. But I still prefer Twilight Princess :)

GOT IT!!

Just took advantage of a fantastic offer on at Game.

- Traded in Goldeneye for £15 (this is currently £12.99 brand new on Amazon), its been sat on my shelf for last 2 months unplayed.

- Asked if they would price match PC World who have it for £29.99, said they would discount me 10% off £34.99, so £31.49

Total to pay £16.49

Then...

he said he'll throw in the pre-order box as well.

now you can do a speed run of a game on your first play through

Well, steady on. :heh:

OOT on the N64 was actually my first Zelda game (played ALttP and others after it), to I guess you could have called me a newcomer at the time. WHile I did have some moments of head scratching I still managed to figure things out on my own (back in the time before we had internets so I certainly didn't "google" anything, haha).

I remember I had a small guidebook that came free with a Nintendo magazine. I must admit, I doubt I could have worked out everything on my own.

The first one I sought advice on the internet for was Majora's Mask in 2000, whereas the first one I completed without looking at a guide at all was Twilight Princess. Took me about 55 hours, now I can cut it down to 14 or so.

No, none of the chests in there need the Lens of Truth... I think I know which chest you are on about.

If it's the one I'm thinking of you need to hit one of those eye things with an arrow.

Thanks. I didn't see more than the eye that opens the door.