NEurope
Ashley

Starfox 64 3D

The underwater level was godawful IMO, the rest of Lylat Wars however, was gaming perfection.

Can't wait. Although OOT is on top in terms of 3DS hype I reckon :)

This makes me wonder if the 3DS (or the game card) will have rumble of some kind. This game didn't quite feel the same on the VC without it.
Does rumble work on handhelds though? I never tried it with the ds but wouldn't be ... you know easier to drop it if you're hands are shaking?
Unless they go with the Wii Remote's more subtle rumble.
Good point. Would the 3DS rumbling and shaking slightly in your hand make it difficult to view the screen?
Well the Rumble Pak for DS was pretty good on StarFox Command and the other games that supported it. The main issue is the weird noises it makes. :heh:

The rumble effect is no way powerful enough to make the system move in your hands, so that wouldn't be a problem if there was a similar rumble strength on the 3DS.

I very much doubt they could add rumble functionality to a DS/3DS sized game card though, so unless the 3DS itself has built-in rumble (unlikely as it's an additional battery drainer), I don't reckon StarFox 64 3D will be featuring it.

It's kind of a shame there's no GBA slot. As noisy as the rumble is, I did still enjoy having it in the games I used that used it (which were basically just Space Invaders Extreme and Metroid Prime Pinball).

I guess the only possibility now will be the scenario where a rumbling stylus is released, for all your screen destroying needs. Of course then, that would only be relevant in touchscreen games.

The underwater level was godawful IMO, the rest of Lylat Wars however, was gaming perfection.

Can't wait. Although OOT is on top in terms of 3DS hype I reckon :)

The underwater level was a change of pace, Godawful is harsh as it made the starfox team seem like they could battle on many different planets, even underwater worlds. Also, the slowdown gave the rest of the game time to catch up after the breathtaking Corneria level. :wink:

Use the boost to get through!

If I ever bought a DS they would have to do moar than give the same campaign because it is easily completed in 40-45 minutes whatever route.

Use the boost to get through!

If I ever bought a DS they would have to do moar than give the same campaign because it is easily completed in 40-45 minutes whatever route.

I personally thought that the short campaign is one of the things that makes it so brilliantly replayable.

It did it for me back then, but when splashing cash these days I prefer a bit more content for my pound.

Especially since most of us have already played this to death.

I think rumble might still be on the cards tbh, but only if the stylus has it. Can anyone that rumoured stylus design Nintendo had, with force feedback and also some kind of tracking thing *searches google*

I think rumble might still be on the cards tbh, but only if the stylus has it. Can anyone that rumoured stylus design Nintendo had, with force feedback and also some kind of tracking thing *searches google*

I doubt that Nintendo would do that. They would have to make the stylus able to communicate wirelessly with the 3DS, plus you would need batteries for the thing. Either that or it would be connected to the 3DS via an awkward wire. And if it was connected, they may as well put the rumble in the console.

I doubt that Nintendo would do that. They would have to make the stylus able to communicate wirelessly with the 3DS, plus you would need batteries for the thing. Either that or it would be connected to the 3DS via an awkward wire. And if it was connected, they may as well put the rumble in the console.

Solar Powered Stylus:)

Or a little windmill on top:laughing:

Solar Powered Stylus:)

Or a little windmill on top:laughing:

"Blow on stylus to make it vibrate"

I'm looking forward to this game more than Skyward Sword. Lylat wars is one of my all-time favourite games

You took the words out of my mouth! Wasn't the patent for sending some kind of signal from the handheld device to the stylus to make it rumble? Presumably through some kind of conduction battery thing (not sure of thats the right term!).

There'd be no problem with rumble in the 3DS system itself. A vibrating stylus is just plain odd (and far too sexual for my liking).

Would sell well to women though...

We will see. Would be a shame for the system not to have rumble as it worked well in Lylat Wars AND OoT.

The water level wasn't that bad, in my opinion, it was just the lighting. I don't really see the point of it being so dark. The bioweapon doesn't need to pollute the water. The bioweapons on Solar and Titania didn't do anything. They were just there, waiting to be destroyed.

Another weird thing I found with Aquas was how you did a level underwater (with the water polluted), and then the following level, Zoness, you did a level above polluted water. It just seemed a bit strange to repeat such a similar theme, for two consecutive levels (although Zoness was an amazing level).

Also, Sector Z was my favourite level, but I know it's one of the most unpopular. They need to put more enemies on there, because I know a lot of people found it difficult to get 100 kills, especially if they came from Zoness, rather than Sector X.

Looks awesome, I absolutely loved this game back in the day. Perfectly balanced so I hope they maintain that while adding a few extra bits too. Took me godamn ages to get golds on all the levels. Was worth it for the on-foot multiplayer though.

The only worry I have is the controls. The N64 version just flowed so easily; the controls were really well done. The movement was fluid and the aiming was easy to master. I'm sure they'll be fine on the 3DS too though

One of the games I'm most excited about. Amazing! I remember completing it to this day, when I was living with my ex over 10 years ago, sat on the floor about a metre away from the tele and she and her mum were watching me. Remember the rumble pack juddering away as the plane flew out the building... Shame the 3DS doesn't have force feedback :)

Wow, I'm going to feel VERY nostalgic if I play that game. I had so much fun playing that game as a child.

The game is so aesthetically pleasing too.

Plus, I can't wait to hear the soundtrack. The 2nd Boss Battle themes are awesome, as are the themes for Aquas and Zoness. And we can't forget Area 6; that song is huge now.

Some of the levels are going to look amazing. I can't wait to see Fortuna.