N-Europe

Mario Kart 7

Retro_Link

Although I'm sure it's going to be awesome and I really want to play it, I will probably buy it next year instead. With exams, Zelda, AC and most importantly no wireless there's no compelling reason for me to buy it at launch, maybe not at all. I only raced through the single player on Wii, pun intended.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Japanese site update!:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/amkj/index.html

Lots of pics/vids on there. :bouncy:

Today's interview video translated:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/2011/3d_video_recording_coming_to_nintendo_3ds_this_november_and_new_details_on_mario_kart_7_45414.html

This part made me lol:

lolrhu.jpg

:laughing:

Can't seem to watch the video right to the end though, it stops just after that part. ::shrug:

But yeah, some interesting info in there. I really like the StreetPass GP Mii data thing, that sounds awesome. It's great to think that my Mii (complete with AI based on my play style) will be wreaking havoc in other people's offline GP races. :D

icon14.gif Players can create their own communities.

Nice. :D

That community thing sounds like it could be handy for the MK League. :smile:

Thats what I thought too! They must have been watching the N-E MK Wii League!

MK7 is going to be the second biggest game of the year after SS (IMO). just waiting on some clarification about this new community mode.

6 Weeks and 3 days to go!

This is what I've started to think too. I've been avoiding all news about Skyward Sword but now with a few review scores appearing, my anticipation levels are starting to grow. I actually think SS will be the greatest game I've ever played! Back to MK7, I've felt next to no hype for it until this afternoon as I read about these new features. Sounds like yet another legendary MK game and it may be the reason I buy a 3DS. :bouncy:

Sounds like yet another legendary MK game and it may be the reason I buy a 3DS. :bouncy:

If I was going to get a 3DS, id get a Red 3DS + MK7/SM3DL (or both). If there was a Bundle that would be sweet!

From now on until the "2 weeks of bankruptcy" im going to work so hard that i finish off all my uni projects for the remainder of the term. Then im going kick back and enjoy all of these awesome games! Seriously cant wait till SS, SM3DL, MK7 & the MK League!

Japanese site update!:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/amkj/index.html

Lots of pics/vids on there. :bouncy:

mk701.pngMario_MK64.png

Yeeesss!

I also noticed that they had a course list for the Battle Mode on that site. Have we seen anything in regards to Battle Mode in this game before? Anyway, looks like there's 6 courses, three of them from past games. The returning ones are:

• GBA Battle Course 1
  • N64 Big Donut
  • DS Palm Shores

mk701.pngMario_MK64.png

Yeeesss!

I also noticed that they had a course list for the Battle Mode on that site. Have we seen anything in regards to Battle Mode in this game before? Anyway, looks like there's 6 courses, three of them from past games. The returning ones are:

• GBA Battle Course 1
  • N64 Big Donut
  • DS Palm Shores

Sweet. :hehe:

And check this out:

imglucky7.png

Rotates around the cart with one item Lucky 7 7. You can use one item.

I've been wondering for ages what the 7 item would be - not a bad idea, actually! I really can't wait for this. Mario Kart DS was one of the system's best games, and this certainly seems to be following in its footsteps. I'm looking forward to racing some of you guys.

I may have misunderstood this, but havin watched Iwata asks it seems to me that not only are your stats, favourite kart and other settings broadcast by StreetPass (which is awesome enough) but also

which goes on to affect single player races?

Is this an end to rubber-banding?

Edited by david.dakota

I may have misunderstood this, but havin watched Iwata asks it seems to me that not only are your stats, favourite kart and other settings broadcast by StreetPass (which is awesome enough) but also
which goes on to affect single player races?

Is this an end to rubber-banding?

I'm guessing "your playstyle" is referring to ghost data - you can have multiple ghosts appear in time trial this time.

Edited by Cube

on the JP site, theres 14 characters, with two yet to be revealed, 16 in total. is that the limit? has anyone said anything about other characters? 16 is a good number, I was just wondering seeing as MK Wii had 24.

No Block Fort?

perhaps theres going to be a new block fort?... THERE HAS TO BE ONE!

Question: Does the 'Blue'/'Spiny' Shell actually hit everyone in front of the racer who throws it, or does this shell just go for the 1st racer, but does so via the ground, which COULD potentially be dangerous for the rest in front of the racer who threw the shell, because they might be driving on the 'invisibile path' this shell is following?

Anyone catching my drift here?

Question: Does the 'Blue'/'Spiny' Shell actually hit everyone in front of the racer who throws it, or does this shell just go for the 1st racer, but does so via the ground, which COULD potentially be dangerous for the rest in front of the racer who threw the shell, because they might be driving on the 'invisibile path' this shell is following?

Anyone catching my drift here?

I get what you mean. Is the spiney shell the kind from MK64 where it aims for the lead racer, on the ground knocking others in its path, or does it down right just hit everyone.

Thats a good question, nothing in any of the vids ive seen (may have missed some) indicates either. But my thinking is since its back to the wingless spiney shell, perhaps it would go back to how it originally was, meaning the 1st is the target and others that are in the way get blasted into the air. Hopefully its going back to 64 style, i personally liked it that way.

Sorry I didnt answer your Q' but maybe someone else knows the answer to this, if not then were going to have to wait for some vids, confirmation from the dev team or just the release itself.

Edited by -Dem0-