Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy the ambition on this thread!

Things what I plan to do

- Learn French!

- Swim, try and get 150 lengths in a week

- Finish The Wire

- Buy cheap car

- Go on Top Gear esque road trip with said car and friends

- Write some stuff, short stories, enter random short graphic novel competition I found

- Appreciate where I live, it's nice.

- Watch...Battlestar Galactica...Sarah Connor Chronicles...Arrested Development Series 3

Those are the essentials. I'm just sitting on a shelf in a paperbag waiting for you to watch BSG. + I got my sis AD season 3 for her B'day so it's available to watch avec moi during the holidays if you need.

I'm gonna spend it wondering why the English Football team is so shit.

I won't have time for anything else.

I'm going to spend the rest of my summer wondering why a Scottish person can wonder about why the English football team are so "shit" when their own national team didn't make it to the World Cup Finals :blank:

Write more of my book. :)

Other than that plans are for the weak and elderly.

So nothing. :grin: I'll roll with the sun or whatever.

Take today for example, UNPLANNED FUN FAIRS FOR THE WIN. :D

I couldn't even work the dodgems. spent five minutes going in reverse.

I will however most likely be watching copious amounts of TV shows/Anime since I have so much time on my hands. Also the other stuff I like to do as well as a mixture of random things that usually enter my head.

At the moment my time is taken up by Super Mario Galaxy with Breaks of Season 1 of The Simpsons. :heart:

I'm sure I'll be seeing my friend during the summer once he returns and hopefully my other one will come down once so I can see her as well. :smile:

OH and the cinema is gonna get busy, kids love there 3D animated films.

Actually I need to go on a walk with my mother and the golf range and the cinema.

SUMMER IS FUN. :yay:

I shall live it day by day, cba with the future. : peace:

I'm going to spend the rest of my summer wondering why a Scottish person can wonder about why the English football team are so "shit" when their own national team didn't make it to the World Cup Finals :blank:

I heard a few Scottish people the other day saying "oh, every time it's an international football tournament, the press always do the "will England win it this time?" thing. The Scottish press never do that about Scotland!".

Can't think why... :blank:

On the subject of football, in the Union bar on Saturday night, the handful of Americans (kudos to them for coming out, with Stars and Stripes and all), started the "U-S-A! U-S-A!" chant when they scored. They got to the start of the second A before the room suddenly filled with "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO", and was the best moment of the match in regards to the atmosphere.

I enjoy the ambition on this thread!

Things what I plan to do

- Learn French!

- Swim, try and get 150 lengths in a week

- Finish The Wire

- Buy cheap car

- Go on Top Gear esque road trip with said car and friends

- Write some stuff, short stories, enter random short graphic novel competition I found

- Appreciate where I live, it's nice.

I used to learn French and then school ended, I might carry on doing that :). 150 lengths?! Brave man! I do 100 a week and I'm knackered, lol.

So far my list is something as follows:

Trip so San Fran

Get my car back

Weekend driving trip to Paris

Mates wedding

Plan trip to Korea

Plan trip to Dubai

Go on some dates

Hmm, that's more than I thought already. Hopefully I can at least get some of it done.

I used to learn French and then school ended, I might carry on doing that :). 150 lengths?! Brave man! I do 100 a week and I'm knackered, lol.

Yeah prob won't keep it up to be honest! I usually do 50 lengths per swim, so 3 times a week, sorted! Though yesterday I was done after about 30..

I heard a few Scottish people the other day saying "oh, every time it's an international football tournament, the press always do the "will England win it this time?" thing. The Scottish press never do that about Scotland!".

Can't think why... :blank:

On the subject of football, in the Union bar on Saturday night, the handful of Americans (kudos to them for coming out, with Stars and Stripes and all), started the "U-S-A! U-S-A!" chant when they scored. They got to the start of the second A before the room suddenly filled with "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO", and was the best moment of the match in regards to the atmosphere.

The difference is, we know we're shit. We don't delude ourselves by thinking we're something that we're not, unlike England. For two countries with the same culture, one that has a population that is 10 times the size of ours and an uncanny ability to always be handed easy qualifying draws, there would be something seriously wrong if you weren't better than ourselves.

The difference is, we know we're shit. We don't delude ourselves by thinking we're something that we're not, unlike England. For two countries with the same culture, one that has a population that is 10 times the size of ours and an uncanny ability to always be handed easy qualifying draws, there would be something seriously wrong if you weren't better than ourselves.

No. You don't know you're shit. If you think you are that bad why does Scotland always get way into it when they still have a chance of qualifying only to hve their "dreams" taken away from them. We are in fact a decent team and you just don't like the fact your team aren't.

Heck, this World Cup has started with some draws from some big teams, France comes to mind instantly, against smaller teams, just because we draw against USA doesn't mean we are utter shit.

Add +1 to JonSt's list of summer tasks: learn to stop making silly comments :smile:

Football is banned from this topic. It's mean enough that us pro-soccerites are taking up everyone's precious TV time. There's a thread for you lot!

That is, unless your summer plans include coaching a rag-tag group of hilarious misfits to the dizzying heights of a local tournament final against their local, heavily-sponsored rivals whose logo looks suspiciously nazi-like and are, coincidentially, being coached by That Kid You Never Liked At School, who is practically stalking Hot Lady Mom Of Star Player who for some reason has a soft spot for you, and always has ever since that one time she was getting picked on at school by That Kid and you went up to him and used words, not force, to get That Kid to leave Lady alone, so she doesn't mind that you spend far too much time with her son and all his friends as you teach them how to control a ball or two, as well as the importance of stretching before the game.

And I've already copywrited that for my next summer's to-do list, so hands off.

My plans

- completely and utterly avoid the world cup

- Get a job for september

- Go to scotland

- Redye the hair to blue/brown properly

- Start my year end project

Not much, well except the year end project. I've given myself so much to do..

Get married. That's a pretty big one..

I'm going to try that too. Other than that I'm going to get a new job within the Midlands area even if it kills me, try to read the many books I've accumulated over the last 5 months, have some form of comedy hijinks and finally attempt something creative like write a musical based around the life of Brunel or something.

I've got quite a bit planned this summer!

I finish my regular swimming teaching job for a month and a bit next Sunday so will have loads of free time.

I plan on:

• Going to the gym 3 times a week and running the 3 of the 4 days I don't go
  • Go to visit relatives in France
  • Visit the girl who was staying with us last summer in France
  • NE London Meet 2010!
  • Help out at the swimming office doing various marketing activities
  • I've been wanting to learn the guitar for a while so might try and do something about that too as I won't really have another chance after this summer

-Work in a piss easy job ordering people to clean bushes and stuff.

-Try and start learning do drive a car so people can stop moaning about me not knowing how to drive.

-Increase my pile of books to read over the summer.

- Make a kick ass Magic: The Gathering deck.

Very productive.

What about Danish instead? ;) We're much cooler than the Swedes! :p

As the great comedian and just sworn in mayor of Reykjavik (our capital) Jón Gnarr said: Danish people are just stoned Swedes in sandals.

If that makes you cooler is up for interpretation.

What I need to do:

i. Get a job.

ii. Learn to drive & pass my theory test.

iii. Decide what I want to do with my future.

What I'm casually doing:

i. Learning ASP.NET MVC 2 / C#

ii. Trying to complete Super Mario Galaxy 2.

iii. Helping my Mum with decorating the Living room.