Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Chocolate thread

canand

LONDON - Kraft Foods is set to support the roll out of a national chain of Cadbury-branded cafes to compete against high street coffee shops such as Costa Coffee and Starbucks.

Cadbury denied that the move, which could see up to 60 Cadbury Cocoa House-branded cafes open in the UK over the next five years, had been green-lighted by Kraft but admitted discussions were taking place.

A spokesman for Cadbury said: "This is still at an early stage. We are still looking at concepts."

The plan, which had been formulated before Kraft made its hostile bid for Cadbury last year, involves a 20-year licensing agreement with retail entrepreneurs to manage the cafes.

The chain is thought to be pitched as a counterpoint to large chains like Starbucks and will play on the traditional British heritage of Cadbury, offering a blend of afternoon teas and on-site chocolatiers making large versions of Cadbury chocolate bars like Curly Wurlys.

The company is thought to have already begun to negotiate with landlords for potential sites.

E1AC991C-B5C2-B8EA-EDBFF93283F79C52.jpg

Cadbury: considers cafe move

The famous Mars Bar has had the colours on its wrapping changed for the first time in 78 years.

The famous Slough-based chocolate firm says the advent of the World Cup has brought about the patriotic change.

Gone will be the iconic black packaging and in its place will be the new-look packaging portraying the St George Cross alongside the England 'three lions' crest with a striking red and white strip.

A spokesman said: "We think it is an appropriate time for a change. The World Cup and the George Cross go well together."

Fiona Dawson, managing director of MARS Chocolate UK said: "This is the first time in MARS' history that the core colour has changed away from black. Further initiatives and activities will be announced in the build up to South Africa."

Apr1_NewMarsBar.jpg

Edited by canand
Automerged Doublepost

I'd say this is thread worthy. I welcome the change, although I rarely buy Mars bars anymore. They got smaller, more expensive and I swear somewhere down the line an ingredients change impaired the taste.

I still enjoy eating them after they've been in the sun for a while.

galaxycaramel1.jpg

kinder.jpg

Don't even attempt to give me anything else, for I won't let it pass my lips*

*I will but I'll pretend its one of these.

I hate them. They're just so greasy and without any of the niceties chocolate can offer.

I like Lindt/Lindor stuff, but they feel sily as opposed to greasy.

After giving up the chocolate for lent, i can safely say that i don't miss it. I've hardly had any since Easter (minus a box of chocolates, an Eclair and a small cake).

But i did like a good Mars though.

So...you haven't then really.