NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Bought the new 3DS XL on a whim. That's one sexy game system. I love the design and the metallic casing.

Also got Xenoblade 3D. Maybe I remember it wrong, but were the graphics better on Wii? The graphic seems a bit rough and corny. Anyway, I love the game and is psyched to play it again. Just left Colony 9 after you-know-what.

Bought the new 3DS XL on a whim. That's one sexy game system. I love the design and the metallic casing.

Also got Xenoblade 3D. Maybe I remember it wrong, but were the graphics better on Wii? The graphic seems a bit rough and corny. Anyway, I love the game and is psyched to play it again. Just left Colony 9 after you-know-what.

Wii graphics are a bit better.

I recently finished it again on 3DS and it's still great.

I already made a lengthy post in the gaming diary thread about the differences between the two if you're interested.

(There are spoilers in there though)

I always assumed we would see a HD version of Xenoblade, not a 3D port. I think I'd have rather a HD version - the game screams out for that extra visual polish. I'd have bought HD but have sat the 3DS version out.

Looks like new 3DS bundles are incoming.

18000_1119215894774886_8053577921376759687_n.png?oh=771d82221ae830aa914a51595c19896c&oe=55BFCB0F

Complete with home theme and cover plates.

No idea on price, or if there are anymore yet (assuming there will be an Alpa Sapphire one) but they look pretty cool!

Does it include a digital version of the games or a physical one? Main thing that stopped me buying a limited edition MM New3DS was it was digital. I like having a full collection on my shelf

Looks like Pokemon and Monster Hunter are preinstalled, but Xenoblade comes with physical game. Probably not to kill all the space on the SD Card with it.

Looks like new 3DS bundles are incoming.

18000_1119215894774886_8053577921376759687_n.png?oh=771d82221ae830aa914a51595c19896c&oe=55BFCB0F

Complete with home theme and cover plates.

No idea on price, or if there are anymore yet (assuming there will be an Alpa Sapphire one) but they look pretty cool!

That Pokemon bundle is so all over the place!

Why not have one for Ruby as well? Some people like Groudon, you know? And why in the world does it not use the Groudon and Kyogre face plate and theme?

It's baffling.

The Xenoblade one looks lovely, seems like a good time to jump on board the New 3DS train! Are they all out June 26th?

New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL receive price cut in the UK

The New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL have received price cuts in the UK at Amazon and Tesco.

Originally, the New Nintendo 3DS sells for £149.99 while the XL runs at £179.99, but both Amazon and Tesco have dropped them to £119 and £139 respectively.

For those that have yet to pick up a 3DS or upgrade in the UK, now is a great time to do so!

http://nintendoeverything.com/new-nintendo-3ds-and-new-nintendo-3ds-xl-receive-price-cut-in-the-uk/

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/259108/new-nintendo-3ds-prices-cut-at-amazon-amp-tesco/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+VGChartz+%28VGChartz%29

Bloody hell.

That's a great price.

Anyone on the fence needs to go for it! Brilliant prices!

I don't think that's really a 'price cut'. That's Tesco lowering the price and Amazon price matching, which they always do. I wish it was a price cut as I'm sitting on £150 worth of GAME vouchers which I want to spend on a new XL and really don't want to give GAME any additional cash.

Nintendo have been passing out a QR code for a Shigeru Miyamoto Mii, seems it isn't region locked like some special Mii's in the past, as it works on my UK bought 3DS:

CHv01pfWcAAqUha.jpg

QR code if anyone else wants it:

CHvw3A4UYAEmH7O.jpg

Edited by Helmsly

So, turns out my New 3DS has died a death. It made a loud click and makes the same click if i try and turn it on. Have to send it in for repairs, which sucks.

Anyone got any info on the Splatoon 3DS plates? I assumed they were coming out this Friday?

Anyone got any info on the Splatoon 3DS plates? I assumed they were coming out this Friday?

I've got a set on order from amazon spain, who still have the release date as friday. There's no sign of them being dispatched yet, or at least not as far as I can tell with my non-existent Spanish.

Speaking of Splatoon and all things 3DS, does anyone else think that a portable Splatoon game could be on the cards at some point?

Assuming that Nintendo intend the 3DS to last for a few more years it would seem to make sense, perhaps not right now as it might pour cold water onto the fantastic sales of the Wii U version.

Perhaps this time next year?

Speaking of Splatoon and all things 3DS, does anyone else think that a portable Splatoon game could be on the cards at some point?

Assuming that Nintendo intend the 3DS to last for a few more years it would seem to make sense, perhaps not right now as it might pour cold water onto the fantastic sales of the Wii U version.

Perhaps this time next year?

Portable? Sure.

3DS? No.

NX, 4DS or New! GameBoy then. :heh:

I'm more than happy with my New 3DS for now though. :)

And Splatoon just being on Wii U for that matter.

Personally the next thing I'd like to see this time next year for the 3DS is either Advance Wars or a Metroid II remake. :D

Managed to send the 3DS off on Monday, they received it on Wednesday (most likely Tuesday) and they've fixed it, shall be getting it back on Friday sometime. That's a quick turn-around.

Managed to send the 3DS off on Monday, they received it on Wednesday (most likely Tuesday) and they've fixed it, shall be getting it back on Friday sometime. That's a quick turn-around.

It was a quick turnaround when I smashed my Wii U gamepad. However it took weeks for them to fix my actual Wii U when it wouldn't switch on. They also deleted my saves.

I'm still very bitter about it.

It was a quick turnaround when I smashed my Wii U gamepad. However it took weeks for them to fix my actual Wii U when it wouldn't switch on. They also deleted my saves.

I'm still very bitter about it.

Luckly i got the one i sent in, thus havn't lost my saves or Streetpass data. That would have ticked me off

I'm starting to hope there is a good deal on the New 3DS in the run up to Christmas this year as I took my 3DS off the charging cradle last night and set it on my bedside table in sleep mode. I went into my very own sleep mode so never got around to playing anything but it was completely dead when I woke up this morning :hmm:

I was just about to grab it to take it into town with me only to be left disappointed..

I'm starting to hope there is a good deal on the New 3DS in the run up to Christmas this year as I took my 3DS off the charging cradle last night and set it on my bedside table in sleep mode. I went into my very own sleep mode so never got around to playing anything but it was completely dead when I woke up this morning :hmm:

I was just about to grab it to take it into town with me only to be left disappointed..

I take it you're still on the original battery?

In your situation I'd just replace that. Would certainly be a lot cheaper than a N3DS: :hehe:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Compatible-replacement-rechargable-including-screwdriver/dp/B008472WF2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1437471113&sr=8-2&keywords=3ds+battery

Thanks.. I may just have to give that a go :grin:

Just don't make the mistake I did when my 3DS battery expanded and nearly exploded. I immediately took the over used battery out, then ordered a new one online, waited 2 days for delivery, inserted the new one, powered on and lost all my save data for StreetPass and games. Had to start over from scratch. Had to format the entire system and start over again, linking the same NNID did however allow me to download old eShop purchases, but all the save data was gone.

This is apparently a problem when exchanging batteries on the older models, just do it fast, make sure your old battery does not completely die in the mean time, get a new one and change them over within 10 minutes of taking the older one out and you'll be OK.