NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Just don't make the mistake I did when my 3DS battery expanded and nearly exploded. I immediately took the over used battery out, then ordered a new one online, waited 2 days for delivery, inserted the new one, powered on and lost all my save data for StreetPass and games. Had to start over from scratch. Had to format the entire system and start over again, linking the same NNID did however allow me to download old eShop purchases, but all the save data was gone.

This is apparently a problem when exchanging batteries on the older models, just do it fast, make sure your old battery does not completely die in the mean time, get a new one and change them over within 10 minutes of taking the older one out and you'll be OK.

Hmm.. hearing that puts another tick in the New 3DS box :heh:

Japan exclusive, through the DoCoMo phone group's premium club. Comes bundled with a New 3DS.

IwantitIwantitIwantit... and I'll never have it. :(

Question:

I got to thinking last night when perusing my 3DS game collection that all of my games are downloaded onto my system.

I have zero boxed games because I prefer them all being on my console to play at any time.

What would happen if I sold that 3DS?

I have no intention to, it's just something I was wondering. Would I system wipe it and would I be able to download the games again if I bought another 3DS?

It worried me a bit because I have literally over 20 games on there (majority being the best 3DS games like Animal Crossing, MK7, SM3DL, Luigi's Mansion, DKCR, RE: Revelations etc etc).

Anyone know?!

Question:

I got to thinking last night when perusing my 3DS game collection that all of my games are downloaded onto my system.

I have zero boxed games because I prefer them all being on my console to play at any time.

What would happen if I sold that 3DS?

I have no intention to, it's just something I was wondering. Would I system wipe it and would I be able to download the games again if I bought another 3DS?

It worried me a bit because I have literally over 20 games on there (majority being the best 3DS games like Animal Crossing, MK7, SM3DL, Luigi's Mansion, DKCR, RE: Revelations etc etc).

Anyone know?!

If I have this right, you kinda can, but the catch is that you need the original 3DS and your new one first. You would do a system transfer to your new 3DS and then you could 'reset' the old one and sell it.

All the games and stuff are tied to the 3DS and your NNID. Though at this time, you can't have the NNID on more than one 3DS.

So, if you sold the 3DS, then bought a new one in the future, sorry but you're out of luck with all those games.

Thanks for the reply.

I have no intention of selling it, which is probably a good thing after reading that.

I thin you're right though. Nintendo really needs to sort that out.

I would have thought if you unlink the NNID from the console you should be able to link it back up to another one at a later date and redownload your purchases.

I guess this is the same for the Wii U then?

Does anyone know if there any complications to be aware of if I need to use my 3DS' memory card for something else for a bit? Basically going to copy all the files to my PC, format it, use it for something, then when I'm done I'll reformat, put the files back and put it back in the 3DS. Theoretically the device shouldn't even be aware that anything happened but, could I be wrong? Can't remember how it was set up in the first place.

Does anyone know if there any complications to be aware of if I need to use my 3DS' memory card for something else for a bit? Basically going to copy all the files to my PC, format it, use it for something, then when I'm done I'll reformat, put the files back and put it back in the 3DS. Theoretically the device shouldn't even be aware that anything happened but, could I be wrong? Can't remember how it was set up in the first place.

Once you've finished just reformat and put all the 3DS files back into the root menu and the 3DS will never know the difference. Just make sure the power is off the console when extracting and inserting said card.

Just bought a New 3DS XL and the top screen is incredibly blurry. All text is difficult to read. For example the Activity Log image is so blurry I can't read the text. This is in stark contrast to my New 3DS. Should I take it back to GAME?

Just bought a New 3DS XL and the top screen is incredibly blurry. All text is difficult to read. For example the Activity Log image is so blurry I can't read the text. This is in stark contrast to my New 3DS. Should I take it back to GAME?

The larger screen of the XL is inevitably not going to be quite as crisp but if it's so blurry that you can hardly read text, it sounds like a problem :hmm:

Edited by nekunando

Was just about to mess about with the YouTube homebrew exploit when I realised I have a UK and Japanese New 3DS and it's essentially pointless. Roll on MH X release so I actually have something to play on the Japanese one.

Must be a defective unit, I don't have any of those problems on my New 3DS XL, it's the best version of the 3DS system I've ever owned. :)

Thanks. Yeah being less crisp I expected, being illegible I didn't. I'll take it back tomorrow.

Update:

I took it back to GAME yesterday. Initially they were pretty adamant that was how it was supposed to look but, I think, after it became apparent I wouldn't leave until they changed it they finally did. The new one works perfectly!

Edited by V. Amoleo

Bought a New XL today, system transfer done, done the PC memory card option...where's my ruddy data?! 200 hours of Monster Hunter 4 staring into the abyss :(

God knows what's happened, followed all the steps but not picking up on the New one!

Bought a New XL today, system transfer done, done the PC memory card option...where's my ruddy data?! 200 hours of Monster Hunter 4 staring into the abyss :(

God knows what's happened, followed all the steps but not picking up on the New one!

Did you transfer all you data onto the PC and then over to the new SD Card? I haven't done the whole account switch over but that's how I moved all my data over from the basic SD card to a bigger one last month and my MH save remained intact.

Did you transfer all you data onto the PC and then over to the new SD Card? I haven't done the whole account switch over but that's how I moved all my data over from the basic SD card to a bigger one last month and my MH save remained intact.

Yeah, did the drag old stuff to the desktop to save, then put new Micro one in (via adapter) in trying it again now and it's taking long enough to copy the stuff over to it, so it must be working to a degree, but for some reason it's not showing up on the New 3DS when I put it in.

And if I go to the memory card option on the system settings it's asking me to connect to the PC via the network. Baffled!

Update:

If in doubt, moan on the internet about something and it'll work the next time :p

Nintendo's own description of how to do that is as clear as muck, however!

Still, crisis averted! :)

That Yoshi one is disgustingly good!

Thankfully, I have an XL, so I don't have to worry about losing more money.

That Yoshi one will look much better on a white console. Definate purchase for meeeeee!

My 3DS wont turn on at all. Charge light is on only, any ideas please!

My 3DS wont turn on at all. Charge light is on only, any ideas please!

If it's an original model 3DS then it's likely to be the power switch or the battery.

Just got my new New 3DS XL and after having made Nintendo unlink my old 3DS and my NNID, I'm now copying my data from my old SD Card to my new SD Card using wireless transfer while the new SD card is still in the 3DS.

I will then link my NNID to my New 3DS. Will I be able to use the data, I have on the SD Card??

Anyone still playing? Soon purchasing the ltd edition Majora's Mask version and looking to main it - will be looking for some online fun too.