NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

I was under the assumption that they were the same, so transferring between them shouldn't be a problem, as far as I'm aware.

Quick question to those who have an Australian New 3DS: If you have bought it, you could transfer everything from your European old 3DS just fine right? I could buy a used Australian New 3DS from a person and he says he couldn't transfer because of region issues. Is it possible I couldn't transfer my NNID etc. for some reason? I have a regular European 3DS.

Yes all good on that front.

Quick question to those who have an Australian New 3DS: If you have bought it, you could transfer everything from your European old 3DS just fine right? I could buy a used Australian New 3DS from a person and he says he couldn't transfer because of region issues. Is it possible I couldn't transfer my NNID etc. for some reason? I have a regular European 3DS.

Yes, it's all OK. I did just that and no region issues. It lets you choose your region as the UK, (or Finland) also, for access to the eShop and all. No problems between European and Australian regions, all compatible.

I thought "Oh, someone's made a custom theme?"

Then I clicked on the link and realised this is 100% official!

That's amazing! I hope it gets released here!

Did anyone with the normal sized New 3DS end up picking any face plates up? I know Ike got the Zelda one he posted above but wondered what others were rocking?

I've not touched my 3DS in ages but am about to go back to pick up some games I've had my eye on soon. First though I want a new face plate. Princess Peach is obviously calling :laughing: but I can see me going mad on these things!

I really like the idea of the face plates, but they're just too expensive for me to justify buying. If they'd stuck with the initially suggested £8 value I'd probably have bought a few, but for £15-20 I'd rather spend it on games. Bundling the Xenoblade one with the game for a ~£25 premium was particularly annoying. I've ended up just using the ambassador plates even though I was originally intending to keep them in the box.

Anyway, there's a 3DS update available which now allows you to save up to 8 different home screen layouts. Aside from allowing you to see the pictures on your fancy themed wallpaper, it seems like a better solution to tidying up the home screen than the folders. You could have different set ups saved with varying categories of games visible on the first screen instead of having to hide them behind a random single letter.

The update also adds amiibo options to the original 3DS, although obviously that's not much use without a reader yet.

I know what you mean about the price of the faceplates. I personally just think that they're worth it for how much customisation you can put on your console. They look so cool.

The 3DS update sounds really good. I'll have a look at that later on.

I should complain about pricing on here more often. Nintendo have just put another batch of cover plate designs on their online store, including three plain colours at a far more sensible £5.99. I've ordered a blue one, and used the saving to balance out getting a pikachu one as well. I've also seen they have stock for the Majora plates in at Argos, which is tempting as I like the design... this is turning into the amiibo situation all over again. :laughing:

A Reddit user has posted a teaser video for Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door 3D for the Nintendo 3DS. The video has now been taken down but that hasn’t stopped people from posting some gifs from the aforementioned video. Pinch of salt time people, who knows if it's real, perhaps it's meant to be shown in the next Nintendo Direct and they've leaked it.

paper_mario_3ds_leak.gif

Here's the link to the original article:

IGN reported a few days ago that that Nintendo had a big game reveal coming.

I don't see this as being a big game announcement, but it's a game announcement, and that may have been exaggerated.

We should be seeing Gamecube on Wii U!

I agree. I think the 3DS is in desperate need of games, even if they are remakes. It has been on a huge drought for so long now for me.

I agree. I think the 3DS is in desperate need of games, even if they are remakes. It has been on a huge drought for so long now for me.

My...WiiU...says...h...hello??

So just thought I'd take a look at my 3ds activity log and it seems to have deleted a few entries. My picross 3d is down as a question mark, and not in my charts... Anyone else had this?

Is the Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door 3D Leak Real? - Discussion (GameXplain)

My...WiiU...says...h...hello??

Well that too. :heh:

But I haven't wanted a 3DS game since Kirby last year. :blank:

I bought Pokemon but it didn't do much for me as I hate that gen.

I just want something to excite me on the console. Too many Japanese bloody RPG's for my liking. :shakehead

Well that too. :heh:

But I haven't wanted a 3DS game since Kirby last year. :blank:

I bought Pokemon but it didn't do much for me as I hate that gen.

I just want something to excite me on the console. Too many Japanese bloody RPG's for my liking. :shakehead

Yeah, I just feel I've had more out of my 3DS in the last year than my WiiU - Fantasy Life, Kirby, currently Majora's Mask - and if I were interested in it a bit more there's MH4 too! Probably even other stuff I haven't paid much mind too.

Yeah, I just feel I've had more out of my 3DS in the last year than my WiiU - Fantasy Life, Kirby, currently Majora's Mask - and if I were interested in it a bit more there's MH4 too! Probably even other stuff I haven't paid much mind too.

Yeah I can understand that.

Fantasy Life looked good but I was put off by some impressions on here after the intial fun wore off.

I can't wait to get Kirby - that's my next purchase after Revelations 2 on One.

And as I've previously moaned about loads on here, I never ever finish Zelda games :laughing: I don't know why as I generally enjoy them, but I just can't seem to get through them without referring to a guide or walkthrough for the bloody temples. I'm a weak Zelda gamer. :( ha, but I'm always tempted to pick them up, which is how I feel about Majora's Mask.

I think I just always automatically compare the 3DS to the DS (my favourite ever console) and it is severely lacking in comparisson.

It seemed like there was always something to play on the DS and lots of titles outside of the AAA Nintendo ones were coming out thick and fast and they were all of decent quality. Some absolutely brilliant too like Hotel Dusk, Trauma Centre, Elite Beat Agents - I could go on ha.

Having said that though, I often think I'm a little too hard on the 3DS, as there's a wealth of digital titles that the DS didn't have. I know for a fact there are games on the eShop I could enjoy (and intend to pick up) like Shovelknight, Shantae and Mario vs DK etc. Just because they're not boxed on a shelf for me to see, doesn't mean they're any less worthy of my money.

I shall take this advice and use it to re-ignite my 3DS gaming! : peace:

Having said that though, I often think I'm a little too hard on the 3DS, as there's a wealth of digital titles that the DS didn't have. I know for a fact there are games on the eShop I could enjoy (and intend to pick up) like Shovelknight, Shantae and Mario vs DK etc. Just because they're not boxed on a shelf for me to see, doesn't mean they're any less worthy of my money.

I know I'm a Shantae fanboy, but Pirate's Curse really is a great game. If you like Metroidvanias at all, I can't see why you wouldn't enjoy it (although maybe wait until Risky's Revenge: Director's Cut if story is important to you). It has a very light tone, is dramatic at times, and has the funniest script I've ever seen in a game.

Furthermore, I can understand where you're coming from regarding the rest of the 3DS's line-up. I love a good RPG, but almost every one on the 3DS is disappointing (exception: Etrian Odyssey IV - that's brilliant).

I know I'm a Shantae fanboy, but Pirate's Curse really is a great game. If you like Metroidvanias at all, I can't see why you wouldn't enjoy it (although maybe wait until Risky's Revenge: Director's Cut if story is important to you). It has a very light tone, is dramatic at times, and has the funniest script I've ever seen in a game.

Furthermore, I can understand where you're coming from regarding the rest of the 3DS's line-up. I love a good RPG, but almost every one on the 3DS is disappointing (exception: Etrian Odyssey IV - that's brilliant).

Yeah I definitely intend to pick Shantae up at some point.

I'm just trying to finish a game before I start another so need to crack on with the one I'm currently playing before I delve into another one!

I haven't touched my new 3DS since I got it though which is madness! I've been looking into face plates recently though, and have been regretting my white console choice as a lot of the plates suit the black console more. Plus with my mucky hands ( :heh: ) (see Wii U thread)... a black console might be better. :laughing:

I've got some vouchers for GAME and reward points which would take quite a chunk off the console so might indulge over the weekend! : peace:

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is awesome so to give new gamers an opportunity to experience it for the first time would be a good thing :hehe:

Personally, I'm not sure I'd feel compelled to buy it again as the GC version is still there for if I ever fancy making my way through it again. I'm not saying I definitely wouldn't pick it up, as I'd certainly be tempted, but I'd probably prefer to see the 3DS get some new and unique software. If there was to be a Paper Mario port or remake, then I'd quite like to see the N64 version get the treatment ahead of The Thousand Year Door due to the fact that, like Majora's Mask, I have it on the Wii VC but am only a part of the way through it.

In fact, I'd be probably just as happy for the 3DS to become an N64 remake machine from here on out :heh:F-Zero X, Excitebike 64 and Wave Race 64 would do very nicely with updated graphics :grin:

Holy Shit Paper Mario and The Thousand Year Door!

That's neat :D

Paper Mario anyone?

Edited by Fused King

So the layout savings a bit shit. I thought the layouts would be tied to the theme, due to the images and stuff on the Bo ttom screen it's good to have different icon layouts to show them off, I thought it was another rewlly good way to encourage buying themes. All three of my themes need different layouts perfect. But no, the themes still scrolls, but the layout stays the same, you have to manually change it... Is this right, or am I missing somehting?