NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Thinking about ordering the new 3DS so quick question, is it actually worth it?

I think the general consensus would be yes it is but I don't want to speak on behalf of everyone.

I really like mine, and feel like its the console the 3DS should have always been.

Rather than write a massive post, I'll just bullet point why I think it's a worthy upgrade:

- Better 3d viewing - this really makes a big difference if you enjoy playing with 3d on

- Sooo much quicker. My old original 3DS was so slow and this has given it a huge speed kick. Everything loads and closes in half the time it used to - often more so.

- Feels better in hand than previous 3DS.

- C 'nub' is actually better than I thought it would be, and removes need for CPP which was just :blank:

- Price isn't too bad, IMO

- Buttons are so much better. The start and select buttons and home buttons are much much easier to press. The whole console feels more premium to me.

- Changeable plates if you get the non - XL.

There are reasons not to upgrade too though. At the end of the day they all play the same games (bar one or two at the min). The memory card slot is damn annoying. :heh:

No transerring back to old 3DS once transferred over (not that I think anyone would do that!). Stylus is rubbish and placement is rubbish.

All depends how much you use your 3DS. If you intend to use it a bit more and think the bump in specs would help then go for it. :awesome:

If not, and you only want it to play the odd game, save your money and spend it on the games instead. : peace:

I was basically thinking about it because its Rakuten's last day of their sale and I am using my 3DS a bit more again but just not sure how long that'll last (I tend to drop in and out of handheld gaming)

I was basically thinking about it because its Rakuten's last day of their sale and I am using my 3DS a bit more again but just not sure how long that'll last (I tend to drop in and out of handheld gaming)

How much is the New 3DS on there in the sale? I'm just about to head to work so don't really have time to go hunting for it : peace:

Decided to purchase some stuff for my New 3DS seeing as I've hardly touched it since I got it for Christmas.

My first face plate got delivered today from Japan! :yay:

Along with some other goodies!

13D58259-4E5F-44E6-A996-A70517538136_zpsehihahf2.jpg

Finally got me a charing cradle which I've been after for a while.

And finally got that damn Boo cover plate I've had my eye on for sooo long!

7CBD9BCE-FE90-48AA-9D39-249394E3F54F_zpsupfz2bsm.jpg

Cool right?!

How about now...?!

4D0B984E-E1A0-4A72-8B76-1296EF1C75C8_zpspbarmrah.jpg

Glow in the dark!!! :awesome:

4C741F04-5E90-4EF9-BE01-CE891678AF8A_zpsfk990aro.jpg

6D7F8652-A7E2-4127-A9B3-2FF1DE4A95B2_zpsut2ou1qs.jpg

AF4A75A9-25DD-4266-85F6-DAA394A2A607_zpsvonohzs2.jpg

So damn cool.

Aaaaand the theme to go with, obviously! :heh:

F01B2548-2D88-4C81-9A45-6EDAECFC4370_zpssmj846lw.jpg

Need to get me some more of these cover plates...

I feel an addiction coming on...

Oh God. These are gonna be my amiibo!!! I can see it now. :shakehead

Damn you Nintendo!! Damn you!

:laughing:

Well I said that the 'new 3DS' cover plates were gonna be like my amiibo (so Nintendo crack, basically :heh: ) and I was right!

Slapped a pre-order down on 2 of the new faceplates that are out today from the Nintendo store and they arrived whilst I was at work this afternoon.

Pikachu and Kirby!! :yay:

B8510EF0-0241-4603-9969-BFE12940AC6E_zpsi7wsjtm0.jpg

290A6363-6DCE-4031-A1A7-B7ECF9EA8810_zpsnklemcun.jpg

I LOVE these things.

A1271069-F7D5-4F35-AA48-014E0324EFB0_zpsdf0bpapm.jpg

05E43257-C661-47DF-A7F7-6B2CE9D08EC6_zpsdgr25c0o.jpg

Don't mind my kitchen in the background :heh: it was the best lit place for snaps!

D6900FEA-6653-4614-8811-FAAA97752F66_zpsidw9snoq.jpg

81EB2962-D743-4A0C-AD7C-0A0717B0022C_zpscseoimby.jpg

Decided to keep the Kirby one on.

I absolutely love the Boo one but the screw is a little temperamental and it was difficult to get off so I didn't want to risk ruining it further.

Plus, I just love the Kirby one. :love:

The best thing about these covers is the different textures.

The original new 3DS covers are quite matte to touch. The Pikachu one is glossy, the Kirby one is like a sleek matte and the Boo one is a very dry matte.

Got my eye on that wooden one now :heh:

Love that American Kirby snuck in there too!

47250F40-D01E-496E-89B4-96FC2B33BC8D_zpswax7qybm.jpg

Nintendo have done a very clever thing here. Not only do I NEED every cover. I then have to buy the matching theme! :shakehead

Well played Nintendo. Well played!

290A6363-6DCE-4031-A1A7-B7ECF9EA8810_zpsnklemcun.jpg

Copy cat. Got mine today as well :p

Nintendo have done a very clever thing here. Not only do I NEED every cover. I then have to buy the matching theme!

Well played Nintendo. Well played!

You think that's bad? I'm buying faceplates and I don't use my regular n3DS.

Ugh I wish the nintendo online store would be available outside of the UK. Those faceplates are nowhere to be found in Belgium :/

The kirby one looks amazing! I hope the Boo one comes out in Europe too!

That Kirby one is a lovely looking faceplate @Aneres11!

I still haven't changed from my black one yet... I really wanted both the Zelda plates but missed the very short period they were on the Nintendo store :(

Copy cat. Got mine today as well :p

You think that's bad? I'm buying faceplates and I don't use my regular n3DS.

Haha that's not normal behaviour. But I completely understand!

Kirby one is amazing right?!

Did you pick the black or white n3DS up? Or both. Knowing you imma say both. :):heh:

Ugh I wish the nintendo online store would be available outside of the UK. Those faceplates are nowhere to be found in Belgium :/

The kirby one looks amazing! I hope the Boo one comes out in Europe too!

I will kinda be devastated if the Boo one gets a European release after importing it. :heh:

Saying that, they need to make all the Japanese ones available in Europe.

They're missing a trick not making them all readily available!

That Kirby one is a lovely looking faceplate @Aneres11!

I still haven't changed from my black one yet... I really wanted both the Zelda plates but missed the very short period they were on the Nintendo store :(

Thanks Mr-Paul!

And yeah the Zelda ones were lovely - particularly the all black ones with just the gold logo. I'm sure I've seen that in stock somewhere? I'll have a scout round!

Yeah I've got the kirby one too, couldn't resist, I'll whack it on tomorrow! (Even though I love the Samsh one!!)

Haha that's not normal behaviour. But I completely understand!

Kirby one is amazing right?!

Did you pick the black or white n3DS up? Or both. Knowing you imma say both. :):heh:

Haha, nah. Just the White Ambassador model. I did consider it at one point though.

You can get the Majora one for £14.99 at Argos. I recommend reserving before you go if you do want one, as when I got mine they weren't coming up on the instore computer system.

You can get the Majora one for £14.99 at Argos. I recommend reserving before you go if you do want one, as when I got mine they weren't coming up on the instore computer system.

That's amazing. Thank you!

Will try and pop there at some point this weekend. £15 is a bit more than I wanted to pay but seeing it's not available anywhere else, I guess it's a price I'll have to pay. That is £30 for the two sets I want! ARGH MONEY.

My 3DS is getting so much love lately! I've not played on my PS4 or WiiU since late Jan/early Feb I think because I've been 3DS'ing... catching up on Zelda ALBW (finished) and LM2 and then hitting MH4U, which I simply can't get enough of!

My 3DS is getting so much love lately! I've not played on my PS4 or WiiU since late Jan/early Feb I think because I've been 3DS'ing... catching up on Zelda ALBW (finished) and LM2 and then hitting MH4U, which I simply can't get enough of!

Yeah, the new 3ds has made me play more too, great little handheld, I finished Zelda bw too, which I grew to love and enjoyed it far more than the game I played after it - ocarina of time! Now there are less and less new releases I want for it, I'm playing some older titles and eShop games and loving it.

On a side note, and I don't want to start anytning, but doesn't the fact you love monster hunter without voice chat tempt you to think about splatoon? I'm really hoping for a great community in here and you always seem to be in the thick of most! (Except fifa. Bizarrely!)

Yeah, the new 3ds has made me play more too, great little handheld, I finished Zelda bw too, which I grew to love and enjoyed it far more than the game I played after it - ocarina of time! Now there are less and less new releases I want for it, I'm playing some older titles and eShop games and loving it.

On a side note, and I don't want to start anytning, but doesn't the fact you love monster hunter without voice chat tempt you to think about splatoon? I'm really hoping for a great community in here and you always seem to be in the thick of most! (Except fifa. Bizarrely!)

No. I'm just sick of Nintendo's attitude toward online to the point I'm not buying it. I'll not back them until they cater to me.

I know people say they'll use Skype etc but that was said about MK8, Smash and MH4U but it never came about.

Also, I've never rated FIFA. The funny thing is that I'm not bad at it, I just don't enjoy it.

Has there been anything on the rumour mill regarding New 3DS exclusive titles? It just occurred to me that the latest direct only offered New 3DS enhanced games.

Has there been anything on the rumour mill regarding New 3DS exclusive titles? It just occurred to me that the latest direct only offered New 3DS enhanced games.

I have a feeling we're going to see mario Galaxy 3d this year.

Unity support has just been announced for the new 3DS at the Unite 2015 event in Japan.

Bandai Namco have also announced Project X Zone 2 for a worldwide release this autumn. I really must get round to playing the first one...

Bandai Namco have also announced Project X Zone 2 for a worldwide release this autumn. I really must get round to playing the first one...
Just a heads-up incase you're unaware, but PxZ is a ridiculously long game, and not in a good way. ;)

From the PxZ thread:

aDsWZU3.jpg

Yeah, this has got to be the most artificially elongated game I've ever played. :heh:

It literally needed to be like 35-40 hours shorter than what it is.

Don't think it's ever taken me over 5 months to finish a game before, in fact, I know it hasn't. This is the first and surely the last time that'll happen. :hehe:

So why did I endure this super repetitive game right the way through to the end? It sure as hell wasn't for the story! :D No, it was the gameplay. And not the tactical aspect of the gameplay either (which is pretty much non-existent actually :hmm:) but the combat.

The timing system of the combat is really entertaining for some reason. :cool: It was what sold me on PxZ in the first place with the demo and it's what kept me playing all the way to the end. There's just something so satisfying about perfectly timing attacks in order to score critical hits. Such a simple mechanic, but it's really addictive. :smile:

The visuals and music also helped a lot. The pixel art and animation in this game is amazing, even more impressive considering the amount of different characters that are in it. And the soundtrack is sooooooo good. :love:

Anyway, glad to finally clear this game from my backlog. :)

Is anyone else that picked it up at launch still playing?

Unity support has just been announced for the new 3DS at the Unite 2015 event in Japan

Does anyone else here feel that this seems too late?

I mean, if it's only available just now, how long will it take for it to be adopted by developers who use Unity? 3-9 months? By then, how long are we talking until the NX Handheld is looming over the horizon? Another 1-1.5 years?

Doesn't seem like there's much time to me... To me it feels like that they really should've gotten it ready for developers well before the New3DS actually launched...

Just a heads-up incase you're unaware, but PxZ is a ridiculously long game, and not in a good way. ;)

From the PxZ thread:

Aaaaannnndd that's exactly why I never bothered with the game. I'd already had enough after playing the demo :laughing: