NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Having basically cleared all of my 3DS games and nearing an end on Yoshi's New Island, I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever bother with the New 3DS at all. I really would love to have one to replace my original model but with only Majora's Mask on my current wish list, is there really going to be enough for me to justify the upgrade..? ::shrug:

Having basically cleared all of my 3DS games and nearing an end on Yoshi's New Island, I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever bother with the New 3DS at all. I really would love to have one to replace my original model but with only Majora's Mask on my current wish list, is there really going to be enough for me to justify the upgrade..? ::shrug:

You don't need the new 3ds for majoras mask, so unless you play a lot of say monster hunter or other circle pad pro games there may be no reason just too yet

Do you know anyone nearby with one you could look at?

You don't need the new 3ds for majoras mask, so unless you play a lot of say monster hunter..

I won't be playing ANY Monster Hunter :heh:

I was actually expecting the use the C-Stick to help me finish Metal Gear Solid 3D as I did actually stop playing it when the New 3DS was announced.. but I was getting on OK without it, at that point!

It could end up being a case of picking it up in a couple of years time when shops are practically giving it away in order to create space for the next handheld as there's no way I can justify trading in my old 3DS plus nearly £100 for the upgrade..

It could end up being a case of picking it up in a couple of years time when shops are practically giving it away in order to create space for the next handheld as there's no way I can justify trading in my old 3DS plus nearly £100 for the upgrade..

I'm playing Majora's Mask at the moment and, whilst I do get the urge to control the camera, I'm glad I didn't buy a New 3DS for it. It's a huge amount of money for yet another hardware revision and, in my opinion, not worth it.

I'm playing Majora's Mask at the moment and, whilst I do get the urge to control the camera, I'm glad I didn't buy a New 3DS for it. It's a huge amount of money for yet another hardware revision and, in my opinion, not worth it.

I always use the 3D so having it be more stable would be nice.. but not essential! The main problem I have with my 3DS is that any time I leave it in my case on standby, the red lights are almost always flashing when I return to it :hmm:

I love my New 3DS XL but I wouldn't have upgraded from a 3DS XL. I mostly did the upgrade because I wanted a better battery life (than my old, tired 3DS) and a bigger screen. The stable 3D is an added bonus that I'm pretty impressed by.

Went from XL to N3DS and don't miss the bigger screen at all. Actually nice to have a console that fits in my pocket again.

Also the cover plates and SNES buttons are just too damn nice. I know for a fact I would have regretted buying a N3DS XL.

Can anyone upgrading from an old XL to the regular New 3DS compare left analog sticks for me please? My old XL is so smooth to use whereas the new 3DS feels stiff and tough to control.

Anyone else?

Mine was stiff and tough to control as well, but it gets smoother after a couple hours of playing (or at least that's why my new 3DS did)

If I had a standard XL prior to the New 3DS, I probably would have still made the trade... Dat Super Stable 3D makes it worth it. Very impressed with it. The 3D, being the main gimmick, was a pain in the original consoles.

fC1eRpv.png

For anyone who bought the Ambassador New 3DS, look out for the mailman. I just received this in the post today. And I emailed Nintendo this morning about the statue this morning asking for information. So others should get them too.

Is it just my hamfistedness or has anybody else accidentally pressed the power button while playing, resetting the game?

So annoying!

fC1eRpv.png

For anyone who bought the Ambassador New 3DS, look out for the mailman. I just received this in the post today. And I emailed Nintendo this morning about the statue this morning asking for information. So others should get them too.

Weird. No sign of mine.

I love my New 3DS XL but I wouldn't have upgraded from a 3DS XL. I mostly did the upgrade because I wanted a better battery life (than my old, tired 3DS) and a bigger screen. The stable 3D is an added bonus that I'm pretty impressed by.

I upgraded and sold my old 3DS XL today for £95. Totally worth the upgrade if you sell the old one, since the 3D is really quite poor on the previous model.

Am I able to play any region DS games on my old 3DS? Getting a real urge to hunt down Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan again

Am I able to play any region DS games on my old 3DS? Getting a real urge to hunt down Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan again

Yes. Except for DSi only or DSi enhanced games, all regular DS games work on any 3DS.

I was in CeX earlier in the week and noticed a New 3DS in white on display. I asked if I could try it out, so they inserted a random game and handed it over to me :smile:

The first thing I noticed was just how grubby it looked considering it was only released recently :eek: It didn't exactly show the system off in a good light, but I carried on and checked out Luigi's Mansion 2, a game I've experienced on my old 3DS. The stable 3D was definitely noticeable, but perhaps not to the point where I was 100% convinced I needed it. Everything about the system was comfortable enough during my very brief time with it, though it would have been nice to be able to try out the C-Stick. In fact, that second stick would probably have benefitted Luigi's Mansion 2 had it been a part of the 3DS originally. As for that particular game, though, my 30 seconds spent revisiting it reminded me how little I liked the atmosphere in it. For me, it just wasn't quite right :hmm:

Anyway, given that I'm now nearing the end of Metal Gear Solid 3D and only really envisage picking up Majora's Mask 3D, bar any potential surprises, it's becoming increasingly likely that I won't upgrade.

One thing I don't like is the Volume slider. Once moved down to halfway or there abouts its basically like having the volume turned off.

I was in CeX earlier in the week and noticed a New 3DS in white on display. I asked if I could try it out, so they inserted a random game and handed it over to me :smile:

The first thing I noticed was just how grubby it looked considering it was only released recently :eek:

The location of the 3DS will explain the condition it's in. :D

I hate CEX. I've been to a few stores around different parts of the country and all of them looked really scruffy and have the same weird smell.

The location of the 3DS will explain the condition it's in. :D

I hate CEX. I've been to a few stores around different parts of the country and all of them looked really scruffy and have the same weird smell.

Hehehe! So true. :laughing:

It always smells bad in those places. Once I had to leave as soon as I walked in, as it smelt like someone had literally just taken a dump in there. :woops::shakehead

Yeah always stinks in CeX. A combination of the whiff of desperation of people so desperate that they'd sell stuff there, mildew and cabbage.

cex was alright back in the day when you could go and buy brand new imports.

So we've gone from whether the 3DS can play DS games from another region to how CEX smells funny?

I honestly can't say I saw that coming...

Quick question to those who have an Australian New 3DS: If you have bought it, you could transfer everything from your European old 3DS just fine right? I could buy a used Australian New 3DS from a person and he says he couldn't transfer because of region issues. Is it possible I couldn't transfer my NNID etc. for some reason? I have a regular European 3DS.