N-Europe

Oscars 2010

ipaul

Ohhh, In the Loop is on BBC2 tonight aswell!

All I can say if fuckin' epic.

That had better win something, it's awesome - my friends who like The Thick of It and I all hang up with "fuckity-bye".

If you haven't seen In The Loop (or The Thick of It), watch it tonight - you have no excuse.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no it's not :)

I was merely atemption to point out the ilogical stance in your sentence in which you actually associated Titanic with the word "good".

people are bitching that avatar won best art direction......

still don't believe me that people dislike this because it's popular :)? I mean comeon!

Troo that. It's ridiculous if it wins best movie/director, but other than that it deserves to win every other nomination it's running for...

Can someone list the winnars when it's over (is it over already?) - I find awards ceremonies largely a bore and can't (couldn't?) be bothered watching it live.

No surprises whatsoever so far.

I've been watching, it's been surprsingly entertaining, for an awards ceremony.

Except that now my feed's gone done. Frak it, what a waste of time, just as they were getting to the interesting stuff. Sigh...

The bomb drops and the fun begins :laughing:

Just look over on the Avatar forum :laughing:

http://www.avatar-forums.com/news-updates/9002-academy-awards-live.html

Oh and I forgot to add... the comment Steve Martin made about Avatar now being in the past was SO UNCALLED FOR. What an A**HOLE!!!

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Edited by killer kirby

people are bitching that avatar won best art direction......

still don't believe me that people dislike this because it's popular :)? I mean comeon!

"People"?

Ah, that sweeping generalisation... :rolleyes:

Edit: Avatar Forums,

NOOOOO oh man I feel so depressed! Especially when your friend next to you is shoving it in your face that Hurt Locker won over Avatar... I am seriously on the verge of crying I feel like stones are in my heart and soul

lol

Edited by Daft

That forum is quite amusing:

They just lost all credibility. Stupid people. The only thing I can think to console myself in is that in a year or so, The Fag Locker will be forgottern, and Avatar will STILL be here. STILL. WE ALL LOVE Avatar. Oel ngati kameie!

Umm...perhaps not. If anything I could see THL's popularity increasing but I'm still unsure if people will really bother watching Avatar on DVD...

And several people saying the Oscars are now doomed and will die out. Yeah, after 82 years this huge awards ceremony is going to die out because Avatar didn't win BP.

Anyway glad to hear about Up and Mo'Nique :) and I love the fact Sandra Bullock made history by winning a Razzie and an Oscar in two consecutive days.

Edit: Avatar Forums,

[Comment]

lol

Chair!?

That forum is quite amusing:

Umm...perhaps not. If anything I could see THL's popularity increasing but I'm still unsure if people will really bother watching Avatar on DVD...

Word Ashmon. Also based on their logic, if Avatar is so great it will be remembered forever, the fact it didn't win an Oscar is irrelevant.

look, the sad truth is that the govronment makes the descision behind theese movies, or else avatar would have won all the awards, and then it would be the shortest rewards show ever

Yeah, it was a well known fact Obama wasn't a fan of Avatar.

Taken from someones' signature: Number of times I've seen Avatar: 25. I really hope they're joking.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

I was merely atemption to point out the ilogical stance in your sentence in which you actually associated Titanic with the word "good".

it was the highest grossing film ever and Won best picture. That's massive critical and commercial acclaim( of the highest order on both) so it was hardly "bad"

"People"?

Ah, that sweeping generalisation... :rolleyes:

but you're not a person..

I kid.

Nah was referring to other forums I was on at the time bitching really.

Edited by mcj metroid

it was the highest grossing film ever and Won best picture. That's massive critical and commercial acclaim( of the highest order on both) so it was hardly "bad"

Commercial, yeah. Critical... meh, it wasn't that well received (the Oscars have nothing to do with critical acclaim). Also, this much I want you to explain: Why is it good? Don't give me "it won this" and "it sold that much", give me a reason.

I think this random commenter summed it up nicely;

Once you watch Avatar you want to live in the movie; after watching Hurt Locker you feel sick of the world we live in and go watch Avatar.

Avatar fans are living in a fantasy world ;)

I actually joined that forum. :D after watching it the second time.

I thought I enjoyed Avatar, turns out I was wrong. :)

I'm all for happiness BUT posting on there made me feel like a Negative Troll.

There is a thread "Best Couple in a film ever" or something. Everyone is like NEYTIRI AND JAKE. :heart:

I stroll in Yuri and Lara from Dr. Zhivago. : peace:

HEATHEN, LYNCH HIM!

:grin:

It was fun for a bit.

Yay for UP winning two awards! It deserves it. Though I'm planning to watch The Secret of Kells at some point as it looks very interesting. =)

Kinda want to see The Hurt Locker now too, even though I'm not a fan of war films. Will give it a watch at some point though.

And those Avatar fanboys/girls make me laugh haha. That's just a bit sad.

I actually joined that forum. :D after watching it the second time.

I thought I enjoyed Avatar, turns out I was wrong. :)

I'm all for happiness BUT posting on there made me feel like a Negative Troll.

There is a thread "Best Couple in a film ever" or something. Everyone is like NEYTIRI AND JAKE. :heart:

I stroll in Yuri and Lara from Dr. Zhivago. : peace:

HEATHEN, LYNCH HIM!

:grin:

It was fun for a bit.

The idea that there is place where YOU are perceived as a negative individual fills me with a sense of incomprehensible horror and pity for the people who go there. Honest to Coolness.