Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

General Switch Discussion

Ashley

MK8 top of the UK charts again! What a world we live in!

Best selling game in April, as well. Crazy.

I ended up getting a spare AC charger sooner than I thought. I was in Sainsburys grabbing my lunch and the Argos in there had them in stock. Score.

As it stands, we are officially living in a world where it's cool to own a Nintendo console once again :p

And the console is really good. It's popular and genuinely great, bringing back some of the audience who weren't so keen on the Wii, but almost matching the hype. Really good job, Nintendo. : peace:

So on the Nintendo Store currently...

Nintendo Switch Power Adapter £24.99

If they sold it sperately...

Nintendo Branded HDMI Cable £9.99

(because that Nintendo tax) ;)

Therefore without those two items...

Nintendo Switch Dock (solus) £14.99 ::shrug:

Which would mean that the rrp of the Nintendo Switch dock set should be £49.99

Though they could really do themselves a favour by selling them for around £30 which would still prove profitable for them and would be better for the consumer. :)

Now please sell the Switch without the dock for 240€. I'd start saving right here, right now.

Why not find out what the Switch Dock costs on its own, buy the Switch with the dock, then sell the dock on its own with the hdmi cable for slightly less than the set? That would give you the machine for around that price I'd imagine. :)

Do you not think that the dock is something you'd use with the Switch though? I must admit that as nice as playing the games in portable mode is, when I go from undocked to docked and displaying on the big screen with Zelda, it's really nice to just take in all the extra details which really come to life on the TV at slightly higher resolution. :D

I suppose if you wanted a cheaper option down the line, you could just buy a HDMI to USB C cable which I believe does the same thing, only without all that extra plastic, though I'm not sure about the charging though as the dock handles both of those things at the same time.

Just a thought anyway. : peace:

Why not find out what the Switch Dock costs on its own, buy the Switch with the dock, then sell the dock on its own with the hdmi cable for slightly less than the set?

You answered that question yourself with the last 5 words.

Do you not think that the dock is something you'd use with the Switch though?

Nope. Righ now there's literally nothing released/on the horizon that I want to play on a big screen.

I would love to just get the Switch without the dock next year for a reasonable price.

You answered that question yourself with the last 5 words.

Nope. Righ now there's literally nothing released/on the horizon that I want to play on a big screen.

I would love to just get the Switch without the dock next year for a reasonable price.

The cost is the cost and the spec is the spec. I don't own a single Blu-Ray but I wouldn't refuse to buy a PS4 unless they sold me one £40 less without the Blu-Ray player.

Is it that you can only afford £240, in which case keep saving up, or just that you don't think you'll use it on the tv in which case just suck it up.

The cost is the cost and the spec is the spec. I don't own a single Blu-Ray but I wouldn't refuse to buy a PS4 unless they sold me one £40 less without the Blu-Ray player.

Is it that you can only afford £240, in which case keep saving up, or just that you don't think you'll use it on the tv in which case just suck it up.

If you bought a PS4 without a blu ray drive then I'd hope you had a big hard drive and deep pockets. No physical games for you. :heh:

Ok? Has nothing to do with me, though.

Right now, I can't even afford 240€. And even if I had the money to get a Switch+Dock for 330€ I would definitely not "just suck it up".

I wouldn't use the dock. It would be unnecessary and money wasted if I bought it. Which means: I won't buy a Switch. It's as easy as that.

I would, however, love it if Nintendo gave me the opportunity to buy the Switch without the dock. If they do, I will buy a Switch eventually.

Why not find out what the Switch Dock costs on its own, buy the Switch with the dock, then sell the dock on its own with the hdmi cable for slightly less than the set?

Good advice. I'll never understand spending hundreds of pounds on our hobby but losing £5-10 reselling a dock on eBay being unacceptable.