Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Recommended Posts

On 26/11/2017 at 11:20 PM, ArtMediocre said:

The guy who had the same problem had done the same as me: Had a problem with the Switch, sent it in for service, gotten a brand new system in return. Should be a quick fix, but still takes more effort than it should, seeing as I have to ask Nintendo to do it directly. Oh well, I'll let you know what happens.

Just wanted to give you guys a quick update on this. Seeing as the account in question was a Japanese account, the service here in Europe can't do anything about it. So, I tried sending the japanese service a mail, and absolutely no reply. They only respond to japanese mails. Now I have two options. Never use the account and save the £40 that is linked to the account, or delete it and lose them. 

This sucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ArtMediocre said:

Just wanted to give you guys a quick update on this. Seeing as the account in question was a Japanese account, the service here in Europe can't do anything about it. So, I tried sending the japanese service a mail, and absolutely no reply. They only respond to japanese mails. Now I have two options. Never use the account and save the £40 that is linked to the account, or delete it and lose them. 

This sucks. 

 

I'm not very technically-minded, so can't offer any suggestions, but I'm sorry to hear this, ArtMediocre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not the end of the world though. But it is something Nintendo should improve on, seeing as the system is region free. Oh well, time to make a new account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Capcom are holding a Mega Man Anniversary stream in a couple of hours. All 3 of the platform makers have retweeted the event so there may be something there for the Switch.

I'll be watching the event and I'm hoping for a X collection, regardless of the platform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Capcom are holding a Mega Man Anniversary stream in a couple of hours. All 3 of the platform makers have retweeted the event so there may be something there for the Switch.

I'll be watching the event and I'm hoping for a X collection, regardless of the platform.

Good to hear Nintendo RT'd it. I'm really hoping both Legacy Collections come to Switch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Good to hear Nintendo RT'd it. I'm really hoping both Legacy Collections come to Switch

Indeed. It still baffles me that they skipped the Switch with those games, as well as the Disney Afternoon Collection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

Just wanted to give you guys a quick update on this. Seeing as the account in question was a Japanese account, the service here in Europe can't do anything about it. So, I tried sending the japanese service a mail, and absolutely no reply. They only respond to japanese mails. Now I have two options. Never use the account and save the £40 that is linked to the account, or delete it and lose them. 

This sucks. 

Did you go through the contact form? You could try running your email through Google Translate or something as well.

Did that guy get his sorted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want Megaman 11.

Edit: Oh shit! I want a million Euros.

Edit 2: Ah crap, it stopped working.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a rumor, so take it with a teaspoon of salt, but apparently Namco Bandai willhost a big event the 15th of december where Nintendo will have a big precence.

These are the rumored games that will be announced:

Dark Souls Collection

One Piece Dawn

Soul Calibur 6

My Hero Academy (this was just officially confirmed)

Xenosaga HD Collection (!)

Let's keep an eye out for news these following days. Seeing as I never got around to play Dark Souls, a complete collection on my favourite console would be pretty awesome.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never played a Mega Man game (am I about to be banned for admitting this?). 

But 11 looks really good from that trailer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Never played a Mega Man game (am I about to be banned for admitting this?). 

But 11 looks really good from that trailer. 

I hadn't until the Virtual Console. Was too late for the NES games and never played any of the SNES releases. I've only played the first 3 and X, so looking forward to getting into this slice of brutal gaming history.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-and-nvidia-partner-to-bring-wii-games-nsmbwii-smg-tp-po-to-nvidia-shield-in-china.9602/unread

 

Well that's insane! :o Guess that means they're coming to Switch as well at some point, given that the Switch is literally an enhanced Nvidia Shield internally.

 

Lol. Only Nintendo would ignore everyone calling the GC VC and then announce those games are going to a non Nintendo platform. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, announcements for China are weird as it's quite a closed off market compared to the rest of the world. Hopefully it means that VC is on the way very soon though, if they're capable of running on non-Nintendo hardware then you'd think they'd be pretty much ready to go on Switch. Would obviously be nice if the resolution bump transfers over too but I'd settle for standard releases if it meant having GC and Wii games on the go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dcubed said:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-and-nvidia-partner-to-bring-wii-games-nsmbwii-smg-tp-po-to-nvidia-shield-in-china.9602/unread

 

Well that's insane! :o Guess that means they're coming to Switch as well at some point, given that the Switch is literally an enhanced Nvidia Shield internally.

 

You're right, that is pretty insane and it probably does signal these games coming to Switch at some point. I'm not familiar with the Shield but unless that remote works like a Wii remote, I have to assume they have a version of Mario Galaxy running without motion controls, which is interesting to me.

Edited by Helmsly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There could be some big reveals for Switch over the next couple of weeks. Thursday night is the Game Awards and Nintendo typically has a big presence there, although the most likely announcement is the release date of The Champion's Ballad DLC. There are rumours swirling about that Bandai Namco are going to have a big event next Friday and that multiple Switch games will be shown off, the main rumour is that a remaster of the first Dark Souls is going to be announced for all consoles, including Switch. 

And if we don't get a Zelda reveal at the Game Awards then it's likely to happen on a Zelda broadcast that is taking place in Japan next week 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Switch had sold 2.5 million in Japan, PS4 life to date there is 5.5 million...what a turn around for Nintendo this year!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Interesting. Hopefully an epic song is on the cards for a Nintendo game. 

She previously worked with Nintendo on F-Zero games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, londragon said:

She previously worked with Nintendo on F-Zero games

While that is true, she is better known for her amazing singing  performances in the MGS games. I wonder if it could be something Zelda related?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Switch had sold 2.5 million in Japan, PS4 life to date there is 5.5 million...what a turn around for Nintendo this year!

Wow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites