NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Also being able to climb anything is literally a game changer.

Agreed. Changed the game way back in 2007 when Assassin's Creed did it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Made me lol, have some thanks.

I was talking to my brother on Sunday about how Odyssey and BOTW were designed. My take on it is that they created the core fundamentals of each game first and then just let their designers go wild. I wonder how much of each games development was spent with staff just experimenting with different ways to hide Korok seeds and moons, both games ooze the sense that the developers were having a great time making them. 

Just had a look at the eShop charts, Rocket League is top of the tree as expected but Skyrim is in the top 10 on pre-release sales alone, I think it's going to sell a lot of copies. 

9 hours ago, bob said:

AC is a parkour-based game, obviously climbing plays a part in it.

• Like 1

The Switch has truly arrived and just in time for Christmas, but I do have concerns that so many games launching within a few weeks of each other could really damage their sales. I bought everything for Wii U and still have games that I've never played so this time around I'm trying to only buy one game at a time, but DAMN it's hard.

I think it’s probably only going to get worse too next year now everyone realises how successful it is... all good though. 

So bad I still haven’t touched my snes mini... Mario, Zelda dlc and snes mini sounds like perfect Christmas gaming though. 

I've managed to pretty much catch up with everything now. I've got a couple more indie games to finish off and then i'm just waiting for Xenoblade 2 to drop.

50 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've managed to pretty much catch up with everything now. I've got a couple more indie games to finish off and then i'm just waiting for Xenoblade 2 to drop.

I say this just as Phantom Breaker Battle Grounds gets announced for a 7th Dec release.

top_logo.png

newfeature_0.jpg

Releasing on December 7th Worldwide on the eShop, the game will cost ¥1000/$9.99 etc

Number of players
Story Mode: 1
Arcade Mode (Score Attack): 1
CO-OP Mode: 1-4 players
Battle Grounds Mode (Versus Play): 2-4 players

Port details:

This product is a port to the Nintendo Switch from an existing Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive from another device, but some portions will differ from the PS4 version

DLC details:

All downloadable contents including the Kurisu Makise DLC, Frau Koujiro DLC, Additional BGM DLC, and Kemo Mimi Costume Pack, which are available for separate purchase on other devices, are all included.

Game balance:

The game balance has been adjusted, such as the strengths of skills and enemy positionings.
The alternate routes in the PS4 version has been omitted, to avoid over complication.

Online play:

The Online Multiplayer and the Arcade Mode's Online Ranking will be implemented via free update after Nintendo Inc. officially launches the Nintendo Switch Online service planned for 2018.

Characters:

The characters that the players can choose are main characters, sub characters, and guest characters. The main characters are the story's main characters, playable in Story Mode with voice acting, and are playable in all of the modes from the beginning. The sub characters initially appear as boss characters, but after meeting certain criteria, they become playable characters. These characters are not playable in Story Mode, but are playable in Arcade, CO-OP, and Battle Grounds modes. The Guest Characters have no relation to the story, but are popular characters from other works of MAGES/5pb. They are also playable in Arcade, CO-OP, and Battle Grounds modes.

Game System:

"Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive" is a battle action game where players proceed through the stage defeating countless enemies, defeating the boss that awaits at the end of the stage, then moving on to the next stage. The game is enjoyable by simply mashing a button, but the player can enjoy various actions using a combination of controls. This section will explain the game system.

and then I also find out Azure Striker Gunvolt is being release 1st Dec....

Finally news has emerged regarding when we can get our hands on the physical edition of Azure Striker Gunvolt on the Nintendo Switch. The Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack physical edition will be coming on November 21st in North America and December 1st in Europe. The package includes both Azure Striker Gunvolt and Azure Striker Gunvolt 2.

The Switch version offers a host of new features, improvements, and bonus content, including 60 frames per second gameplay, the entire catalog of downloadable content from the 3DS version, HD Rumble support, and more.

3cnscCZ.gif

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Online play:

The Online Multiplayer and the Arcade Mode's Online Ranking will be implemented via free update after Nintendo Inc. officially launches the Nintendo Switch Online service planned for 2018.

Interesting.  This points to the Online Service having more parity with other platforms than I gave it credit for.  Sounds promising now, that is system wide, but via the app.

I want that app to give me notifications on all kinds of things - telling me when someone has beaten my time trial on Mario kart or whatever.... An app I'll actually turn notifications ON! Really hope the online is much better than all of us fear

• Like 1

The Switch continues its momentum in the US.

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--According to the NPD Group, which tracks U.S. video game sales, the Nintendo Switch system was the No. 1 video game hardware in October, followed by the Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition system in the No. 2 spot. When combined with the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, Nintendo systems accounted for two-thirds of all video game hardware sold in the United States for the second month in a row. The U.S. video game industry achieved hardware sales of more than 1 million total units in October for the first time since 2011.

The Super Mario Odyssey game for Nintendo Switch emerged as the top-selling video game of the month on the NPD sales chart, even though it launched at the end of the month on Oct. 27. The Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wildgames for Nintendo Switch finished as the No. 10 and No. 11 individual games for the month, respectively.

Insane result for Odyssey. Only out for a few days and it outsold everything. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The Switch continues its momentum in the US.

Insane result for Odyssey. Only out for a few days and it outsold everything. 

Wow, great stuff.

Edited by Ike
Let not.

I was really going to try and manage my purchases on the Switch but it's my birthday next week  so what the heck! Rocket League digital purchase last night, doom and Skyrim retail purchase today. Plus a couple more eshop games. I loved the off road dx game on Wii U so that's a must plus probably crazy golf and chess. I'm not going to be very sociable this Christmas 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Clownferret said:

I was really going to try and manage my purchases on the Switch but it's my birthday next week  so what the heck! Rocket League digital purchase last night, doom and Skyrim retail purchase today. Plus a couple more eshop games. I loved the off road dx game on Wii U so that's a must plus probably crazy golf and chess. I'm not going to be very sociable this Christmas 

If you like the Ivan Iron Man Stewart 'OffRoad Racing DX' Game, you may be interested in Mantis Burn Racing coming to the Switch on the 23rd of November.  It's got that isometric top-down feeling, but with far larger tracks.  Can't speak of its quality, but it looks as cool as hell.

10 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Anyone who has never played Skyrim before is in for a real treat.

Can't wait, but mine hasn't shipped yet.

Anyone got any recommendations for eShop games I should check out? I picked up 2 £25 eShop cards yesterday for grabbing Rocket League and now I'm trying to decide on what other indie titles I should grab that I haven't played elsewhere. So things like World of Goo and Little Inferno are things I've played before on the Wii and mobile and Oxenfree was a game that I played through on the PS4 and loved but would rather try something new, though I will say everyone should give this a go as it's amazing. I've also got and played Stardew Valley to death on the PS4 (I think the time played counter was at somewhere north of 60 hours on that).

I'm kind of open for any suggestions as I enjoy good puzzle games, good story driven titles and good action games so I'll look into anything that gets recommended :)

2 minutes ago, Ganepark32 said:

Anyone got any recommendations for eShop games I should check out? I picked up 2 £25 eShop cards yesterday for grabbing Rocket League and now I'm trying to decide on what other indie titles I should grab that I haven't played elsewhere. So things like World of Goo and Little Inferno are things I've played before on the Wii and mobile and Oxenfree was a game that I played through on the PS4 and loved but would rather try something new, though I will say everyone should give this a go as it's amazing. I've also got and played Stardew Valley to death on the PS4 (I think the time played counter was at somewhere north of 60 hours on that).

I'm kind of open for any suggestions as I enjoy good puzzle games, good story driven titles and good action games so I'll look into anything that gets recommended :)

• Kamiko ( cheap, short but very sweet)
  • Mighty Gunvolt Burst ( secretly the best Megaman game in years )
  • Master Blaster Zero ( fantastic Metroid type game )
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Clownferret said:

Plus a couple more eshop games. I loved the off road dx game on Wii U so that's a must plus probably crazy golf and chess. I'm not going to be very sociable this Christmas 

1 hour ago, londragon said:

If you like the Ivan Iron Man Stewart 'OffRoad Racing DX' Game, you may be interested in Mantis Burn Racing coming to the Switch on the 23rd of November.  It's got that isometric top-down feeling, but with far larger tracks.  Can't speak of its quality, but it looks as cool as hell.

Here's the trailer for those wanting a look at it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:
  • Kamiko ( cheap, short but very sweet)
  • Mighty Gunvolt Burst ( secretly the best Megaman game in years )
  • Master Blaster Zero ( fantastic Metroid type game )

Thanks for those, I was looking at both Kamiko and Master Blaster Zero. The former is giving me a slight Hyper Light Drifter vibe and in the absence of that game on the Switch (I'd happily purchase that one again as I love it and the whole world they created there), Kamiko could be a good shout, though I've heard about Phantom Trigger and that too could do the trick too as I'll have to look into the both properly. And Master Blaster Zero, I loved Blaster Master on the NES (admittedly, I didn't have an NES so had to play it through other means) so that's also something that's on the radar. Never been a huge fan of the Megaman games, though I did enjoy 9 when I played that on the Wii. Again, I'll have to look into that as it's not something I'm sure I'd enjoy.

Heard that Wulverblade is pretty good and I like the style of it and Kingdom: New Lands does too.

I'll see what takes my fancy. Kinda wanting something that fits the pick up and play mentality so Kamiko and Master Blaster Zero look to do that.

Golf Story, Steamworld Dig 2, FAST, Worms next week, Shovel Knight absolute must, Graceful Explosionm Machine, Thumper... own them all, all great

• Like 2

Golf Story, Tiny Barbarian DX (wait for a sale), Overcooked, Shovel Knight, Snipperclips, Rocket League, Wulverblade. All good shout outs.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Golf Story, Tiny Barbarian DX (wait for a sale), Overcooked, Shovel Knight, Snipperclips, Rocket League, Wulverblade, ThimbleWeed Park, SteamWorld Dig 2. Haven’t played it, but RIVE dropped on the eShop this week also. All good shout outs.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Wow, great stuff.

In my original post (before it was edited?), I questioned how Mario could have possibly sold more than AC:O. Turns out it sold more in single format only, so Mario sold more than Origins did on PS4 but multiplatform charts it came in third behind AC and Shadow of War. Although Nintendo digital sales aren't counted in NPD, so who knows really.

I enjoyed Rime and posted my review in that thread, but there's technical issues (also discussed in that thread).

Playing through Wheels of Aurelia which is an interesting narrative game, but short form (it's been out for a while on other platforms so reviews should be available).

That's for @Ganepark32 as I didn't realise there was a new page!

• Like 1