NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

was about to go and buy Doom and thought to myself that I really only have time for 1 multiplayer shoot em up and I don't have Splatoon 2

So bottom line which one should I get?

I have very fond memories of multiplayer Quake back in the day, if that has some relevance.

Does the keyboard wind anyone else up? It's just a few little tweaks off being great, but the lack of button-controlled shift and not adding a space automatically after selecting a suggested word is just annoying me.  It's so close!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Clownferret said:

was about to go and buy Doom and thought to myself that I really only have time for 1 multiplayer shoot em up and I don't have Splatoon 2

So bottom line which one should I get?

I have very fond memories of multiplayer Quake back in the day, if that has some relevance.

They’re incomparable. Get both. Though if one then splatoon 2 easy. 

Does the keyboard wind anyone else up? It's just a few little tweaks off being great, but the lack of button-controlled shift and not adding a space automatically after selecting a suggested word is just annoying me.  It's so close!

You can click the right analogue stick for the shift button. Is that what you mean? 2 clicks for licking caps.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Ganepark32 said:

I'm kind of open for any suggestions as I enjoy good puzzle games, good story driven titles and good action games so I'll look into anything that gets recommended :)

How about old-school Metroid style games? Because if so, I highly recommend Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap, assuming you've not played it on another console. (Currently on sale as well)

In other news, on Monday. Ninty filed a trademark for a number of things including a certain Super Smash Bros.

Just recently, someone noticed something about the (Japanese) logo they filed.

Not sure if hyped yet...

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the eShop recommendations guys, I ended up grabbing Kamiko, Pan-Pan (I really enjoyed Monument Valley and this looks charming so thought I'd give it a go), Yono (I know it's supposed to be a very basic Zelda title but thought the missus would like it so that she's not just sitting playing Lego City Undercover) and decided to pick up Rive as it's something I've been wanting to pick up on the PS4 for awhile now so thought I might as well.

I'll be keeping track of some of the other recommendations for a later point as things like Blaster Master Zero and Wulverblade look great and Wheels of Aurelia is another game I've been interested in looking into on the PS4 so thanks @Ashley for reminding me about that. Like the style of it and interest to see narratively how that works so may pick it and some of the others up sooner rather than later.

I had 23gb left in system memory but wasn't able to record any new videos. Turns out there's a limit of 100 videos in storage for some reason (reason = Nintendo)

Turns out sd cards can hold up to 1000 though. I have a 4GB Micro SD lying around, not great but it will do for getting more videos for now!

Thats a bit weird. I guess you could just set up a Twitter account specifically for videos and post them to that instead, would mean you'd essentially have unlimited storage.

On 18/11/2017 at 12:11 AM, londragon said:

You can click the right analogue stick for the shift button. Is that what you mean? 2 clicks for licking caps.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Ah yes true.  When I was trying to find it I was looking at the buttons on the keys themselves (like with backspace and space), didn't realise there were separate shortcuts mentioned at the bottom.

• Like 1

I can't figure out what's the actual box and what isn't :blank:
Isn't it a box within a cardboard sleeve?
  • Like 1

Yeah, I think it's a cardboard sleeve that contains two normal Switch games and envelops the base of both cases.

It's a decent option, at least they didn't alter the artwork on the physical boxes presumably so that if you want to maintain that nice, cohesive red & white colour scheme on the spines of your Switch titles, you can... just remove the cardboard sleeve and all is good. :)

Out of interest, how many physical Switch games are people up to now? (If you're collecting)

Edited by S.C.G

1 hour ago, S.C.G said:

Out of interest, how many physical Switch games are people up to now? (If you're colecting)

In order of purchase, I have The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, ARMS, Splatoon 2, FIFA 18 and Super Mario Odyssey physically.. so that's 6 :grin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm on 9...

Zelda, 1-2 Swicth (ugh), MK8 Deluxe, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Street Fighter II, ARMS, Splatoon 2, Mario Odyssey. There's another one in there which I've forgotten. Edit: Kingdom Battle!

Planning on picking up Skyrim this week. Then DOOM before Xmas, Xenoblade 2 is coming for Xmas (thanks, mum).

Then there's the other 11 e-Shop games I've purchased...

I like my Switch.

Edited by Nicktendo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My physical collection thus far. Should be adding MArio and Xenoblade on Christmas, hopefully.

y4mZixIxUfJ3xNTZeJyhVcU0w_kCv6IHZaA8adSZ

• Thanks 1

According to the sales charts on the system itself on Nov. 22, Rocket League is outselling Super Mario Odyssey, and Skyrim and Stardew Valley take the third and fourth-place slots. None of these games look the best on the Switch, but Nintendo has made a system that is thriving due to games and ports that look good enough, but no better.

This is the beauty of Nintendo; while Sony may think it’s in competition with Netflix, Nintendo went ahead and created a console you can play while watching Netflix.

The Nintendo Switch once again proves the value of changing the game if you can’t win by the existing rules, and there’s not much Microsoft or Sony can do to gain the same momentum with strategies that focus on raw power. Nintendo has this market all to itself, and that’s a great place to be. The game developers just have to learn that looking good enough is a great way to sell a game to an appreciative audience.

• Like 1

Physical I own Mario, Zelda, 12 Switch, Bomberman, Fifa, Doom, Mario and Rabbids, I think that’s it; own about 5 other retail downloaded games (Street fighter 2, Mario kart, splatoon, arms, Pluto Puzo Tetris) and about 20 shop games....

There's a lot of truth to the quotes @Ronnie posted.  Nintendo has chosen not to compete in the exact same race since the Wii, but it hasn't always worked for me.  This time, however, it really does.

When we found out the specs of the Wii, there was a lot of talk about how "graphics don't matter".  For me, that wasn't true then, but it is now.  I play the Switch and genuinely don't know why it'd need more power.  I know you can get better fine detail with the Xbox One and PS4, but it's got to the point where I don't think it massively improves your enjoyment of a game.  No doubt it's very noticeable on a 4K TV (and, in future, VR), but I like playing on a handheld screen.

The thing that would make Switch sheer perfection for me would be if developers got used to making a version of current gen games for Nintendo's machine.  Wii versions seemed very different because of SD and motion control, but I think Switch versions really would be close enough.

• Thanks 1