NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

So I want to get my nephews a Nintendo shop card for their new switch; but it appears they are available anywhere - game, online, Nintendo themselves; which is bonkers to me... Am I missing something or have they really stopped doing them? Is there an alternative?

1 minute ago, dazzybee said:

So I want to get my nephews a Nintendo shop card for their new switch; but it appears they are available anywhere - game, online, Nintendo themselves; which is bonkers to me... Am I missing something or have they really stopped doing them? Is there an alternative?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PlayStation-Card-Wallet-Download-Code/dp/B00GUXZUSS/

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

https://www.paypal-gifts.com/uk/nintendo-eshop-cards.html

Try Argos, Wilko or a super market.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dazzybee said:

My Mum was able to pick some up for me from WH Smiths so if there's one near you it's worth checking there.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dazzybee said:

The absence of eShop cards online is very weird indeed. :confused: I see them all the time in shops. ::shrug: As already mentioned, WHSmiths is usually a safe bet, as is Wilko, always loads of them in there too.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Kounan said:

Does the pro controller's price ever goes bellow 59,99? Thx

Very rarely. It’s a good idea to follow it on a price checker like PriceSpy or idealo to get notifications when it does drop, and you can see price history too.

I’ve still not bought a Pro Controller for the Switch, primarily because of the price but also because I genuinely get on fine with the Joy-Con grip, it’s actually super comfy for me. If the Pro Controller ever gets a really good deal I’d probably get one though.

• Like 1

Thx guys. I will probably go for this one (53,85) if my nephew can get it.

I need another controller, so when I get Mario Kart three of us can play it (I was thinking abount second joy con, because of arms, but I will go for pro controller as I am the one who play's it 90% of the time).

So, if I get it, only Xenoblade 2 is left for my start with the Switch (I've got the 200GB sd card, Mario Odisey, Mario+Rabbids). After that Mario Kart and Splatoon are coming.... (hope in february).

Thx again :)

Edited by Kounan
  • Like 2

Octopath Traveller basically is Bravely Third in everything but name though.

I'm pretty sure it's just a Christmas message, for now.

Considering that I just bought digital copies of BD and BS on 3DS a few weeks ago during the eShop Black Friday sale, I think it’s safe to say that we’re getting a Bravely HD Collection for Xmas on Switch...

Edited by Dcubed

5 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Octopath Traveller basically is Bravely Third in everything but name though.

Watch it actually be Bravely Third, they haven't revealed the actual title yet. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When will the Christmas sale start, or has it started already (I don't see many good offers for Switch games)?

1 hour ago, Kounan said:

When will the Christmas sale start, or has it started already (I don't see many good offers for Switch games)?

This has been going on for days now. It was announced on the Nintendo site, in the news section of your Switch, and reported on various websites. If you've actually taken a look in the E-shop you could've seen loads of games on offer. Perhaps the offers don't interest you, but it should've been obvious there was a sale going on.

5 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

This has been going on for days now. It was announced on the Nintendo site, in the news section of your Switch, and reported on various websites. If you've actually taken a look in the E-shop you could've seen loads of games on offer. Perhaps the offers don't interest you, but it should've been obvious there was a sale going on.

Ever since you've changed your avatar, I can't stop reading everything you post in the voice of Nia from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 now. :laughing:

Please tell me I'm not the only one... @Hero-of-Time @Kaepora_Gaebora? :D

So for me the above post was something like...

avatar_nia_120.thumb.png.cdeccd555694e4f

"This 'as bin goin' on for days now. It was annownced on the Nintehndoh site, in the news section of yor Switch, and repourted on various web-sights. If you've actually tayken a look in the Ey-shop you could've sin loads've games on offer. Perhaps the offers don't intrest you, but it should've bin obvious there was a sale goin' on."

I'm totally fine with this. :peace:

Also, there seem to be a good few games on sale currently but I probably won't buy too many, I would have bought Axiom Verge already but I want that physical edition. :)

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

"This 'as bin goin' on for days now. It was annownced on the Nintehndoh site, in the news section of yor Switch, and repourted on various web-sights. If you've actually tayken a look in the Ey-shop you could've sin loads've games on offer. Perhaps the offers don't intrest you, but it should've bin obvious there was a sale goin' on."

Haha.. Well, I only vaguely know what you're talking about, since to me, Nia sounds like this:

Spoiler

It's funny, rewatching this cutscene, and now I finally know what that secret is they mention.

• Like 1

I don't have my Switch yet, my nephew will deliver it on the 29th, I hope , so for now I am only looking for physical games (Xenoblade 2 is my first choice) as I can't buy e-shop games for the Switch (I can't access the switch e-shop). 

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Kounan said:

I don't have my Switch yet, my nephew will deliver it on the 29th, I hope emoji4.png, so for now I am only looking for physical games (Xenoblade 2 is my first choice) as I can't buy e-shop games for the Switch (I can't access the switch e-shop). 

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

Ah, well then you're out of luck. I just checked, and the sale ends on the 28th.

Sent from my PC using Chrome.

• Like 1

Tatsumi Kimishima, president of Nintendo, said on Wednesday, "We would like to be over 20 million units" about the annual sales volume of the "Nintendo switch" of the new-type home game machine "Fiscal Year 2018" in response to the interview by the Kyoto Shimbun.

We anticipate selling 14 million units in FY 2017 and are planning to accelerate the momentum of popularization by launching software that enables new ways of playing.

President Kimishima stressed that "I want to ship more than that" for FY 2018. It also clarified the policy to enrich the download contents to allow the purchased software to be played for a long time.

Pokemon for Q4 2018 it is then!

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Pokemon for Q4 2018 it is then!

Eh? Am I missing something? Pokémon wasn't even mentioned.

I might have been skeptical about the Switch at first but that's all in the past now. I :heart: My Switch!. I've had it about 4 weeks now and it's been a ton of fun. The versatility of it is just great it's not the gimmick i thought it was it works!. Home version and portable version in one on anything Switch I now see the benefit it offers. One thing i love about this is being able suspend and resume just like closing the 3DS. Also the UI is pretty slick, very responsive and the little noises it makes make it feel much more Nintendo (maybe its just me). A lot of great games to play but Splatoon has taken up most of my time.

• Like 1