NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Hmm.. the thought of games going down this route in the future is somewhat terrifying but I guess they need to check out these avenues at some point..? ::shrug:

I don't think this rules out a proper release of Resident Evil VII on Switch eventually but it's not really a game I'm clamouring for in the same way I would be with the glorious Resident Evil 4..

I'd actually love a RE5 port. That game is excellent as a co-op game. But they fucked up the PC version. Maybe I'll try reinstalling it and using some 3rd party stuff, see if that helps. It did for Dark Souls.

Fortnite for Switch has been all but confirmed by the Korean Game Ratings Board.

For those who have seen the leaks floating around regarding Nintendo’s E3 video presentation, in which this game was listed, I suppose it’s just been given a rather significant boost in credibility.

To be fair, Fortnite is a safe bet based on rumours going around the internet for a while, so if Fortnite didn't figure on that list from yesterday, it would be seen as fake instantly. Hence, I still don't believe the list yet.

Can people use spoiler tags for posting leaks/rumours, just for people who don't want to spoiled beforehand. Also keep in mind I think spoiler'd posts show temporarily in the sidebar for people using the full size screen.

I know we have the E3 2018 thread, but do people want a thread specifically for leaks/rumours to keep them seperate?

I’ve not played on my Switch in an age... since Monster Hunter World released... I’ve not even bothered taking it on my commute for a good while.

Nothing on it, that I haven’t already played, is making me think “I have to play this” at the moment.

I’m hoping for a good E3 from Nintendo as I’m becoming a little bored with the console at the mo.

Edited by Kav

38 minutes ago, Ike said:

Can people use spoiler tags for posting leaks/rumours, just for people who don't want to spoiled beforehand. Also keep in mind I think spoiler'd posts show temporarily in the sidebar for people using the full size screen.

I know we have the E3 2018 thread, but do people want a thread specifically for leaks/rumours to keep them seperate?

I think that's a good idea; obviously some people are happy to see spoilers which is fine, but better to have a specific thread so people who don't want to see them don't have to :)

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Sure thing. Would you like me to spoiler tag the above post?

I’m genuinely not quite sure how people feel about that particular news on that particular game, as it’s a port of a popular game which has been rumoured to be coming to the Switch for a long time, and which we’ve previously discussed at a reasonable length. I don’t think that anyone is particularly surprised by the notion of it coming to the platform, and I’m not sure how much it means to people that this seems to have slipped through ahead of E3, when compared to, say, a potential Nintendo first party game or surprising third party partnership leaking. 

Plus, I think the source on this one is about as official as it can get without coming directly from the developers/publisher themselves. It’s a slip-up in the system of having a game produced, and not so much a potential leak or rumour floating around on some message board (or, if you’re Ubisoft, a photo of someone’s laptop on a train :laughing:). I think it’s also very different when we have a thread such as the Pokémon Switch thread - as talk in there is either more often than not discussion about any news on the game, which I think potential leaks would come under; and, because it is an unrevealed but announced title and has its own thread, I suppose those that enter that thread are actively trying to find news on the game - or threads for your annual CoD or biennial Battlefield games, which are always expected to be coming. 

I do think that a few ground rules need to be set and agreed upon, otherwise we’re going to end up with a place covered in spoiler tags, many of which would almost seem unnecessary: is anyone really going to be that surprised when we get a third entry in that moderately well received [publisher name here] franchise, which has seen a game released every few years for a while now, and would talk about something so expected really spoil E3 for someone as in touch with gaming news as those here? If I’m remembering the last few years correctly, the more noteworthy and surprising E3 leaks seem to happen from around the end of March up until the start of E3 proper, so maybe it would be worth clamping down a bit more on leaks (regarding E3 specific news) during that window?

I’m just a little worried that too strict an enforcement of this in cases where it’s not really necessary could lead to a lot of tiptoeing around, both by those who care about being spoiled and those who don’t, and more than likely result in virtual silence here in the weeks leading up to E3 ::shrug:

All that being said, I’ll happily comply and spoiler tag that post if you do deem it necessary, as I don’t want to spoil anyone’s joy when it comes to something like E3. I know that some people take time off from work to watch this at home, or take time at work to sneak in the last few minutes of a conference or a trailer here and there, so I want to respect their time and want for potential elation at a truly surprising announcement. 

Edited by Julius Caesar

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Done.

@Julius Caesar or a mod, if you could rename the E3 thread over in the general board to indicate that it is a general E3 spoiler thread, that would be great.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@Julius Caesar or a mod, if you could rename the E3 thread over in the general board to indicate that it is a general E3 spoiler thread, that would be great.

Done :) 

• Thanks 2

The analogue stick on my left Joy-Con is janked. Tried calibrating it but still no joy (puns!). Are there any other solutions?

27 minutes ago, Ashley said:

The analogue stick on my left Joy-Con is janked. Tried calibrating it but still no joy (puns!). Are there any other solutions?

I don’t think there is unfortunately. I’m also noticing problems with mine, where the input will be constantly drifting to one side, even though the stick is in its neutral position. :hmm: Pretty annoying.

46 minutes ago, RedShell said:

I don’t think there is unfortunately. I’m also noticing problems with mine, where the input will be constantly drifting to one side, even though the stick is in its neutral position. :hmm: Pretty annoying.

Yeah, mine does this from time to time, as well. Was a nightmare when it happened while playing Mario Odyssey. 

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

It's weird, isn't it? Capcom were pretty cool with the WiiU, (Was Demon's Crest previously unavailable in  Europe until it's VC release?) while Square were no where to be seen.

Now we've got some weird opposite day situation where Square are digging the Switch and Capcom keep hitting us (Especially Europe) with Monkey Paw situations.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

It's weird, isn't it? Capcom were pretty cool with the WiiU, (Was Demon's Crest previously unavailable in  Europe until it's VC release?) while Square were no where to be seen.

Now we've got some weird opposite day situation where Square are digging the Switch and Capcom keep hitting us (Especially Europe) with Monkey Paw situations.

Demon's Crest did get a PAL release originally, but it never got a single re-release until it came out on Wii U (and it was a stupidly rare and expensive game on SNES in all regions, so it was a long-standing "Holy Grail Release" for the VC in general!).

If this is opposite day, I hope this means that we get VC esc releases from S-E on Switch this time!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

The Walking Dead: The Final Season hits Switch later this year.

Season Description: Clementine, now a fierce and capable survivor, has reached the final chapter in her journey. After years on the road facing threats both living and dead, a secluded school might finally be her chance for a home. But protecting it will mean sacrifice. Clem must build a life and become a leader while still watching over AJ, an orphaned boy and the closest thing to family she has left. In this gripping, emotional final season, you will define your relationships, fight the undead, and determine how Clementine’s story ends.

Emotional, Gut-Wrenching Story – See Clementine’s journey through to the end. As she builds a new life, you will have to grapple with new types of choices and live with the consequences as AJ looks on, learning from your every move.
More Control, More Tension – A new over-the-shoulder camera system, greater freedom to explore detailed environments, and scenes with unscripted combat capture the fear of living in a world overrun by the undead and create the most engaging The Walking Dead game yet.

Striking New Visual Style – The all-new Graphic Black art style rips the ink from the pages of the Eisner Award-winning comic book series and brings the world of The Walking Dead to life like never before. Supports 4K resolution and high dynamic range on compatible devices.

In addition, The Walking Dead: The Final Season will be fully dubbed in French, German, Latin-American Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese. It will also be subtitled in French, German, Latin-American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian, Russian, and both traditional and simplified Chinese. Episode one voice packs and translations will be available for download on launch day.

I hope they will also release the previous seasons.

Found the Xenoblade Pro controller for 40 quid, worth it? Heard it had a good D-Pad. Does anyone know of any other improvements? 

I already have the launch pro controller and never play multiplayer. Is it really worth it for a SLIGHTLY sexier pad?

23 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Found the Xenoblade Pro controller for 40 quid, worth it? Heard it had a good D-Pad. Does anyone know of any other improvements? 

I already have the launch pro controller and never play multiplayer. Is it really worth it for a SLIGHTLY sexier pad?

6 minutes ago, bob said:

Don't have sex with it!

Nah, just put in on your lap and let the rumble work it's magic.

• Weird 1

Also don't be selfish when it comes to having sex. Give that controller the affection and attention it deserves. Don't make it do all the work. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

AWESOME! :D Time to start looking at importing guys!

Ew, I didn't know you were into human trafficing, @Dcubed

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Weird 1

His username is DCubed.  Think about it...

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1