NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Imagine going back in time and telling Nintendo about that. What a wacky world we live in.

17.79 million Switch consoles have been sold up to April 2018 and 68.97 millions pieces of software.

The following games have sold more than 1,000,000 units:

Super Mario Odyssey – 10.41 million
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 9.22 million
Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 8.48 million
Splatoon 2 – 6.02 million
1-2 Switch – 2.29 million
ARMS – 1.85 million
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – 1.31 million
Kirby Star Allies – 1.26 million

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Those Kirby sales are flat out insane! That's like, only 2 weeks after it released, right?

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Those Kirby sales are flat out insane! That's like, only 2 weeks after it released, right?

Yep, it’s nuts.

Shame that ARMS and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 have really slowed down. Just over 200,000 units sold for each them in the space of three months is way below what many were expecting.

Also, it’s worth noting that they’ve made Kimishima’s previous 20 million Switch units sold estimate for the financial year ending 31st March 2019 official. 

Makes one wonder what wonderful games they’re saving for E3 to announce and release within the following nine months.

4 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

Also, it’s worth noting that they’ve made Kimishima’s previous 20 million Switch units sold estimate for the financial year ending 31st March 2019 official. 

Makes one wonder what wonderful games they’re saving for E3 to announce and release within the following nine months.

Pokémon Switch and Smash Bros will definitely see to the first 10 million (if Pokémon is released in time).

13 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

Yep, it’s nuts.

Shame that ARMS and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 have really slowed down. Just over 200,000 units sold for each them in the space of three months is way below what many were expecting.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is still the best selling version in the history of the franchise, though. That also includes the Gear and Saga games that were on the PS platforms. It certainly deserves it's success. It's the best Xeno games i've played ( only played the Chronicles 1, 2 and gave up on X ) even if the handheld mode still needs a resolution bump. :p 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Pokémon Switch and Smash Bros will definitely see to the first 10 million (if Pokémon is released in time).

Absolutely, and games like Fire Emblem will also serve to attract something of a niche audience (if they haven’t already invested). E3 can’t come soon enough :D 

10 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is still the best selling version in the history of the franchise, though. That also includes the Gear and Saga games that were on the PS platforms. It certainly deserves it's success. It's the best Xeno games i've played ( only played the Chronicles 1, 2 and gave up on X ) even if the handheld mode still needs a resolution bump. :p 

Oh, for sure. Not trying to take anything away from what it’s done already, I just saw many expecting it to have sold upwards of 1.6 million units after it’s amazing start — if I’m remembering right, wasn’t it something crazy like 1 million units sold in its first month?! 

14 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

if I’m remembering right, wasn’t it something crazy like 1 million units sold in its first month?! 

Yeah, I think it managed to hit that by the end of January. 

On 2/24/2018 at 10:38 AM, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Cobbled together an article about Fortnite, PUBG and battle royale games potentially being on Switch...if you fancy a weekend read here's the link! 

http://www.n-europe.com/features/fortnite-or-playerunknowns-battlegrounds-on-switch-could-be-the-perfect-entry-to-the-new-online-services

Well...

The rumours are flying in thick and fast at the moment, but this one has certainly grabbed our attention. If the rumblings are to be believed, we could soon see the hugely popular Fortnite on Nintendo Switch, with a reveal expected to be shown at the Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2018 presentation in June.

The news comes from Twitter user @LeakyPandy who, under the name Vandal_Leaks, correctly leaked info surrounding the Nintendo Direct presentation in March. LeakyPandy suggests that Fortnite's Battle Royale mode will come with "no substantial differences" and will support cross-platform play.

Perhaps the most interesting part of this 'leak', however, is the suggestion that Fortnite's co-op story mode 'Save The World' will also be present with some Switch-exclusive features. On other platforms, this mode allows up to four players to team up online, but the Switch version is slated to support local play between four consoles (which will apparently play as a large part of the port's selling point in promotional material). 

The leak also says that "exclusive Nintendo IP related content is also being worked on exclusively for Save The World". This wouldn't be too much of a surprise given that games such as Rocket League and Skyrim have done this already, and we can already imagine ourselves running around in little Toad mushroom hats, representing the Switch user base with style.

It's worth noting that LeakyPandy has described this information as "gossip", telling readers to take the information with a pinch of salt in case the rumblings turn out to be false - something that we definitely encourage, too!

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Well...

I mean, I don't want to say that I knew this all along...

(I really didn't)

What do peeps on here make of Fortnite?

I’ve only played it a few times on PS4, but wasn’t exactly blown away. Far from it infact, it seems hugely overrated to me. ::shrug:

It’s one of those things which sounds awesome on paper (“100 player gunfights!”) but the reality is very different. I spent the majority of my time with it just trying to find someone else to shoot! (or get shot by :hehe:) The map decreases in size over time (which helps) but I reckon it’s actually too big in the first place. 

Maybe this is just my grandpa Simpson moment. :heh: 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, RedShell said:

It’s one of those things which sounds awesome on paper (“100 player gunfights!”) but the reality is very different. I spent the majority of my time with it just trying to find someone else to shoot! (or get shot by :hehe:) The map decreases in size over time (which helps) but I reckon it’s actually too big in the first place.

Then you're landing in spots where nobody else lands.

You can approach a round in two ways:

1. land in spots where you can find lots of buildings (and therefore lots of loot) - pretty easy to see on the map; prepare for very early gunfights (in my experience there's a lot of luck involved, depending on what kind of weapons you/the others find); if you survive, you have good chances for the end game
  2. land in remote areas; have some peace and quiet but less loot; future engagements with others will be quite difficult.

And "100 player gunfights" never happens. Only if every single player would land in the same spot at the beginning, but that never happens, obviously. Everybody giving Battle Royale games a try should delete the phrase from their memory :p

Edited by drahkon
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, RedShell said:

What do peeps on here make of Fortnite?

I don't think I've ever seen even a single screenshot of the game never mind any footage or anything! I certainly haven't played it so my head is buried firmly in the sand and I have absolutely no idea what makes it so popular.. ::shrug:

I don't enjoy the building aspect of the game, tbh. And I don't really fancy the graphic style. That's why I play PUBG instead. Battle Royale can be heaps of fun, especially when the map gets pretty small and there are 20-30 people left.

It really get your heart beating fast.

“...500% increase in profits at the end of FY2018.”

389.gif

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Finally, someone demanding the game we all want. No, the game we all need!

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I love iCarly, but I prefer Victorious.

Yeah, but Drake & Josh

a7f.gif

1 hour ago, Julius Caesar said:

Yeah, but Drake & Josh

a7f.gif

victoria-justice-liz-gillies-play-date-1

I have my preferences.

Edited by Sméagol

Something tells me I was too old for the Live TV Nickelodeon show wave. They all look so interchangable to me.

• Like 1

S0a5zZd.jpg

Best reversable cover? Best reversable cover!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2