N-Europe

N-Europe Winter Meet 2009?

ReZourceman

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Least you exist. The midlands apparently don't exist anyone from the north or the south.

We talked about this didn't we?

Unless its a home county or below the highest home county its the North!

Actually I take that back I don't consider Bristol or Norwich to be the North. Remember in Politics once we were naming counties because of local government issues and someone named the North as a county. Needless to say a Northern guy in our class wasn't happy.

The joys of going to school in Surrey!

I would argue its more the company than the things to do. I just want to play board games, chat and have a laugh.

London is likely to be ridiculously busy to do anything less than a week before Christmas.

Etc.

I'm easy on location though.....well...easy as in, I'll come as long as its not too far. :p

And plus no one said there only has to be one.

Sunday 20th December

St Albans

Meet on the bridge above St Albans train station (near the big St Albans train station car park for conveinienence) at 11:00am~?

Sounds like a plan to me.

The St. Albans meet is a mini-meet, for any who want to show up - if a separate big meet is organised, so be it. It is, however, a rather small city that's cheaper than London, and is pretty damn easy to get to.

Somewhere with an airport.

Paris, Berlin, Madrid? Ooh, wouldn't mind Rome! Or even, I could make an exception to the airport thing and vouch for Venice! :grin: If all that sounds too exotic, let's not forget that Belfast has an airport, I could do Belfast. :wink:

As much as I'd like to do something abroad, money is an issue for the student-heavy population of this forum.

Actually, St Albans fits nicely with your criteria - Luton Airport Parkway is 2 stops north, about a 10 minute train ride.

By train it's from sheff to st. pancras, then from there's a few stops to st.albans. Takes about 2 and a half hours... But, uhhh... anyone travelling from teh north is going to have a right hard time getting there for that sort of time. Plus travelling back is more stuff.

As has been said, to all whiners and complainers, if you want a meet-up somewhere local then organise it yourself.

Simply pick a date/time/location as ReZ has done, and then people will be able to say yay/nay. There's no way to make everyone happy.

Basically I doubt I'll be able to head down. Even if I could crash somewhere, I'd be losing two work-days, at least, and I need to turn up every day simply to ensure I keep the job. Sheffield [mega]meet for the win.

So...

Sunday 20th December

Sheffield

Meet at sheffield train station. Fun and shit to occur thenceforth. Who's with me?

Sounds like a plan to me.

The St. Albans meet is a mini-meet, for any who want to show up - if a separate big meet is organised, so be it. It is, however, a rather small city that's cheaper than London, and is pretty damn easy to get to.

As much as I'd like to do something abroad, money is an issue for the student-heavy population of this forum.

Actually, St Albans fits nicely with your criteria - Luton Airport Parkway is 2 stops north, about a 10 minute train ride.

St Albans Confirmee's

The Fish (& DomJCG?)

ReZourceman

(Goafer & Happenstance?)

(Rummy & Marcamillian?)

(Supergrunch?)

Stop the presses newspaper making ladypeople, I have arrived in this thread thanks to a friendly visitor wall message dealio from the ReZinald. I've been pretty dead on the boards/Gen ChitChat recently, only actually come on to maintain the telephone lines and make sure there's no service faults.

I...am unsure, actually. I can't speak for Marcamillian, though I can probably speak TO Marcamillian, so who knows, I might just use this wordmachine the good lord put on my face and do that, or the wiggledealies at the ends of my appendages through internet based wonders.

Location! I'm not too keen to head too far from London around this time actually with it being christmas and me needing to be about to see people doing things in places and stuff who are home cos of the green trees and white rain, the only exception being Birmingham cos I can get there well cheap, easy, maybe find somewhere to stay, and I've done the journey loads before. St.Albans, I can try to make also, especially if my mate hasn't bopped back home by then, though he might have, in which case I'll likely still try and make it. This time earlier hopefully too cos I don't(hopefully) have to fuck about recovering any drunkenly lost wallets.

What exactly are you trying to say here though, Rummy? Well, I'm trying to say...I don't think I know. Put me down as a maybe, like those motherfunks on facebook like to do. I'll have conversations of a non-relevant nature with some people, then maybe come back here when I'm bored of their company.

Too northern.

It generally gets scarier as you go up.

Like in those games with the massive towers.

I was meant to quote this earlier to point it out as an excellent idea masked in humour, pub jenga is the fucking shit! Though I've only ever done it once. I felt a bit weird after, cos it felt so awkward and wrong at first but I kind of enjoyed it.