Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Michael Jackson Dead

ReZourceman

Yeah it's such a shame, but I'm not too emotional. I mean it's not like he was going to ever offer anything more to the world after his downfall. And I really didn't think he'd ever perform his UK tour. There was a reason it was postponed.

His iTunes sales must be going through the roof right now though. Where's the money going?

And for a man with so many fans, how can he possibly be so lonely? Poor guy, R.I.P.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn didnt expect to come home from seeing Bloc Party and hear this news!

Could all be a conspiracy....no way could he ever do 50 shows at the O2 and if he cancelled them then he has to pay up so pretend he is dead and claim on insurance!

But no in all seriousness it's extremely sad news.

People make it sound as if he was cut down in his prime. Nice chap as he was, he pretty much "died" a few years ago with his career.

Not really, since he could have had a "comeback" album.

Kate Bush did that with her 2005 album Aerial - she released it 12 years after having retired from music, and it received loads of critically acclaim. I think it's her best album (the second disc especially). Sure it's much more mellow and adult than all her other stuff, but she is in her 50s now.

Comeback might be the wrong word for it, but it was by no means out of the question that MJ could have returned with a more mellow album - and in honesty I was expecting it, him having announced that he was doing that show and all that.

That's bullshit and you know it. I bet the "comeback" tour wasn't what it was going to be.

Well not a conventional comeback - why I put it in inverted commas.

Basically I could have imagined him releasing an album like Aerial with him being more anonymous about it, in the same way that Kate Bush was anonymous about the release of Aerial (she only did a handful of interviews, then disappeared again).

I draw a parallel between him and Kate Bush because they're the same age and on the same level of iconicity.

Damn didnt expect to come home from seeing Bloc Party and hear this news!

Could all be a conspiracy....no way could he ever do 50 shows at the O2 and if he cancelled them then he has to pay up so pretend he is dead and claim on insurance!

But no in all seriousness it's extremely sad news.

He booked something like five shows. His agents got a little over enthusiastic (or more likely they had $$$ signes in their eyes) and booked the other 45, then told him :hmm: Surprised he didn't have a heart attack then tbh.

How long do people give it before some lame tribute album is released? Contributing artists? Katie Perry, Lady Gaga, The Jonnas Brothers, Rhianna, Flo Rida? I hate it already :(

He booked something like five shows. His agents got a little over enthusiastic (or more likely they had $$$ signes in their eyes) and booked the other 45, then told him :hmm: Surprised he didn't have a heart attack then tbh.

How long do people give it before some lame tribute album is released? Contributing artists? Katie Perry, Lady Gaga, The Jonnas Brothers, Rhianna, Flo Rida? I hate it already :(

I think a tribute album at some point is a given. Where there's money to be made, people will make it. If it's any good or not, that's down to chance.

Let the media circus begin.

Oh Christ. I hadn't thought of that. I think I'd rather die by fire than listen to some flash in the pan spackers rape a legend.

I can already hear the faint cry of "EEEEEH HEEEEEEE! CHAMONE!" as MJ is twirling in his grave, presumably with an uncanny sense of rhythm and flair.

that would be this then ha

Haha! I genuinely didn't know that was her! Cool.

I've heard good things about The Velvet Rope by her, and I liked the song where she samples Joni Mitchell. And her last hit was Feedback, wasn't it? That's pretty fun, in a trashy way.

I wasn't actually meaning that one, but its the same thing - everyone knows it, but they don't actually know it.

I think the one I mean is "All For You", but I could be making that up...

Random fact, but Together Again was played at the Funeral of my friend when he died in Primary School. Since then, I seem to hear it everywhere. It was even played somewhere when I went to Belgium a few months ago. It's a nice song, I think.

I've heard on the news a few times already that Latoyah (sp?) was seen crying when the news originally broke that he was in hospital, so maybe the family knew for a few hours before news channels, although it's to be expected.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Right, well I'm off to listen to his albums, play the Moonwalker game and wait for one of the channels to show Moonwalker, then have it stuck on whichever music channel has a "Michael Jackson RIP Week"

R.I.P. :(

(In all seriousness, I do hope they put Moonwalker on telly; I've not seen it for 'kin years!)

(And they most likely will have a Jacko week on either Q or VH1 Classic.)

I'm fucking sick of Uri Geller on the BBC. An hour ago he went off quickly saying he was too upset and now he's on again loving the attention. I've always thought he was a little bastard and most of his talking is about himself. "I remember in his darkest day on his hits album - which I designed the cover by the way - and..." Fucking wish he'd of died the useless bastard.

I'm fucking sick of Uri Geller on the BBC. An hour ago he went off quickly saying he was too upset and now he's on again loving the attention. I've always thought he was a little bastard and most of his talking is about himself. "I remember in his darkest day on his hits album - which I designed the cover by the way - and..." Fucking wish he'd of died the useless bastard.

I must admit, I had to do a double-take when I realised he was back on the air. He did talk for a few minutes about the death, and then said he didn't want to speak anymore. But, yeah...he's speaking again now.

Yeah, and the whole hypnosis thing. I can't tolerate him normally to be honest.

I was never what you could call a Michael Jackson fan, but this news made me surprisingly sad.

Maybe because I immediately recalled an old track of his, Ben (a terribly sad end theme for the movie of the same name), which pretty much translates my view of Michael Jackson, the person: as someone who, even at it's prime with all his money and fame, was a lonely and sadly disturbed human being.

RIP :(

Yeah, and the whole hypnosis thing. I can't tolerate him normally to be honest.

He was on Sky News before BBC news and he said that he is too shocked about the news and too upset to talk about it. So phonecall was cut short.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!