N-Europe

Top Gear Series 13

spirited away

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except it wasn't the answer.

I'm sure there have been numerous times in the past when people have ruled out it being 0Schmacher anyway, because he's been off at F1/Ferrari related stuff whilst the Stig has been spotted elsewhere, or at the studio etc...

I'm still going on the belief that they swapped Stig for Schumacher just for the Ferrari FXX part. Would Ferrari trust the Stig with it, probably not.

Pretty much what I thought. I think it was just to get people off the case of revealing who the Stig really is.

He was to the celebs.

But I actually meant it's quite likely he's spoken to a fair few people over the last 5 years or whatever, and someone would have picked up on it by now.

'Hmm... a German you can drive aswell as an F1 driver, but isn't actually in F1... hmm...'

Yeah but... when he's teaching the celebs in their practice laps it's not like he's fully kitted out, wearing the Stig outfit and helmet - the celebs who go on would be taught by him and almost certainly know who he really is, but have been asked by the bbc not to tell others, to keep up the lighthearted mystery of it all.

To me the whole thing's more an amusing running joke than an actual mystery.

Oh yeah and, good episode in general. Love Top Gear.

Pretty much what I thought. I think it was just to get people off the case of revealing who the Stig really is.

Exactly

But hey, if we are all wrong and Schumacher really is/was the Stig then i could be right in thinking "Blue Stig" or any other colour they may choose. But the promo trailer shows Stig staring at a T-Rex whilst it is growling, and they are using "White Stig".

Anyway, back onto tonights episode. Can't believe how close it was between May and Clarkson, felt sorry for Hammond. Which made me think, where was the rain for May and Clarkson and why was it only following Hammond?

You think they weren't sworn to secrecy?
I was just answering your question, reagardless of whether they were sworn to secrecy, or had no clue who he was.
Yeah but... when he's teaching the celebs in their practice laps it's not like he's fully kitted out, wearing the Stig outfit and helmet
I'm pretty sure he is... the celebs often comment about how cool he is, because he's just sat their being awesome.

You guys are aware Schumacher isn't the Stig and it was just a publicity stunt to promote the Ferrari XX he co-designed right?

I know Stig isn't Schumacher, as i mentioned in an earlier post of him being more "beefed" up, and the fact that we won't ever see who the real one is as of yet, unless he reveals himself that is.

I thought it was a brilliant episode tonight.

Featured my 2 favourite cars in the world, the Veyron and basically anything Lambo, so i was loving it.

And the deserts of Abu Dhabi [which is apparently Arabia... you learn something new every day] proved an epic testing ground.

The challenge was a pretty fun one, loved the bit when they were trying to get home as quietly as possible... summer house crash was great!

When they were phoning up for quotes anyone notice the easter eggs of the Will Young photo on Jeremy's desk and The Stig doing some photocopying in the background, haha!

The obstacle course was fun too!

Also that new Ariel Atom sounds AWESOME!!

And the deserts of Abu Dhabi [which is apparently Arabia... you learn something new every day] proved an epic testing ground.

It is - the Arabian desert is the desert in any part of the Arabian Peninsula, of which Abu Dhabi is a part.

I thought it was a brilliant episode tonight.

The challenge was a pretty fun one, loved the bit when they were trying to get home as quietly as possible... summer house crash was great!

When they were phoning up for quotes anyone notice the easter eggs of the Will Young photo on Jeremy's desk and The Stig doing some photocopying in the background, haha!

Yeah I noticed the Will Young picture. Didn't know Top Gear did eggs.

They weren't the only ones! May had a picture of the Queen on his desk, and Hammond had a photo of a cow along with some 'Hollywood Smile Whitening Toothpolish'. Also I thought the big pile of gold bars in the background was funny. I also love how they keep making jokes about Hammond's accident. I mean, it was horrific but the fact that he can poke fun at it is great.

Really enjoyed tonight's episode, the last five minutes with the race were electrifying.