N-Europe

Football Season 2009/2010

Mr-Paul

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the game >_>'

I know, thus why I said you were away for the day or so. Looked like Bendtner was crap whenever he got the ball, except for the goal which was admittedly done well from him after a poor last touch from Walcott.

Forgot to add, great strike from Robben.

Felt a bit sad for Man U really. Not sure if that challenge from Da Silva was really a need for a second yellow. Riberry was a more than a bit of a dick about it especially since he had a go at Da Silva back.

Anyone see Vidic pop that guy in his balls? Thought that was so sly and funny, especially watching the guy fly up in the air instantly.

All the EPL teams out? It'll be a poorer competition because of it. At least it gives teams from the shit European leagues a chance. Until they play Barca and lose.

maybe not as strong as the EPL but not shitty leagues.

Title race in france and germany is more exciting then the EPL has to offer. I love the EPL although La Liga is the best in Europe no doubt but I get sick of england pundits and fans going on like it is the only league that matters. Look at all the BS the pundits were saying about Messi last year and how how he still had something to prove as he was playing in spain.

They wrote of Ibra last week and then after he scores vs arsenal all of a sudden Barca were gonna miss him.

It is refreshing to see a team from germany and france both in the semi's.

Anyone see Vidic pop that guy in his balls? Thought that was so sly and funny, especially watching the guy fly up in the air instantly.

Haha yeah I think of him as a bit of a comedian actually. I saw his cheeky face when the camera panned to him in the aftermath and smiled because he does that all the time, but he doesn't come across as a cock because of it. Probably due to his Serbian origin or something.

^ 17 years they had the Carlsberg logo on their shirts. It looks so strange without it. :hmm:

Its weird alright but we've had a season to prepare ourselves.

I think the new kit looks good from the pics, the proof of the pudding will be what they look like when I see them up close in the shops.

I'm devastated after the game yesterday. We were killing them in the first half, and then we made the same mistakes as we did in the first leg: We sat back and watched ourselves get over-run in midfield. On that second half performance, we don't deserve to go through to the next round. Like I said last week, if the players themselves can't get up for such a big game, then they only have themselves to blame. The contrast in halves was astounding...

But, yesterday there were two players who can hold their heads up high, and they are Nani and Gibson: Both tried so very hard and they didn't deserve to be on the losing team. Valencia can probably be added to this group, too. I think one player who can't wait until the season is over is Michael Carrick. His performances have fluctuated throughout this season. Yesterday, he should've done better for their first goal and he gave away the ball which eventually led to Bayern winning the corner that Robben scored from. His best performance this year was probably the away game at Arsenal, dictated the midfield in that game, but he's been a bit suspect this season.

classic! All EPL teams out of the CL before the semi-finals.

That shuts up the EPL hype machine and the "EPL is the best league in the world lovers"

All the pundits will be crying tonight, Richard Keys and Andy Gray must be ready to slit there wrists. lol

Staap whining/talking like a bitch.

Felt a bit sad for Man U really. Not sure if that challenge from Da Silva was really a need for a second yellow. Riberry was a more than a bit of a dick about it especially since he had a go at Da Silva back.

I agree with you about Ribery. I thought he had more class than that. I thought Rafael was very hard done by to get sent off. But then, if I were Ribery, I would want that guy off the pitch. Especially if that guy is a teenager who has had you in his pocket for the duration of the game so far. :heh:

I laughed pretty hard at Vidic. He's a funny man. Great little character. :D

I always felt we would do it tonight.. until it actually started :eek: It took Liverpool a while to get into the game :hmm: Thankfully, when we did, we always looked like going through :hehe:

With a couple of weeks until the semi final, we have the perfect opportunity to get a few wins together in the league to give us a slim chance for 4th.. but the match against the mighty Fulham is crucial! Great to see them doing so well in the Europa League, though :heh:

I agree with you about Ribery. I thought he had more class than that.

Ribery? Class?! The man has none at all, he showed this again during the game. Look at the way he's been trying to construct a transfer for himself, baiting the press. He's been very disrespectful towards his team and supporters.

Edited by Fresh

Rafael only got sent off for something Fletcher deserves five times over this season, so I think its all karma.

I think Ribery is a class act, I'd swap Diaby and Denilson for him, he fits our bill perfectly - french and hated by man utd.

3-0 as I predicted. Very happy with the result but was nice to see Aston Villa bring their game and offer a challenge, it honestly wasn't easy to watch at times.. Penalty appeal was rightly denied though, backing in to a defender doesn't constitute a foul.

I'm sure he would have given that penalty had he not been pulling Mikel's shirt. C'est la vie. Unlucky Villa. I can't help feeling even if they had scored we'd still have produced a response enough to win the match - I guess we'll never know though.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!