Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2009/2010

Mr-Paul

Half the Arsenal team were under performing tonight. Bendtner was shocking, Rosicky was wasteful. Walcott was flapping about doing nothing as always. Clichy was Clichy. I know the injury list is bigger than Walcott's IQ but still everyone seems to be affected by that at the moment, and it just didn't work out for Arsenal in the end.

Messi just managed to do something out of nothing a lot of the time and it wasn't really Arsenal's fault.

As for their cynical diving. It ruined that match to an extent, the referee was appalling buy constantly buying into it.

I must say, my love for Nasri just keeps growing. For the majority of the time, he moves the ball around so well and has some good ideas. He'll be brilliant in time.

Also, just to round this random post off, I don't feel confident about Man U tomorrow, but hopefully we can keep 1 English side in the Champion's League!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont get how you guys(arsenal fans I think) can support Man Utd because they are the only english club left in it. You hate them any other time so why not in europe?

Im a liverpool fan and dislike any other english team play in the european competitions, maybe apart from fulham.

Arsenal's First Team: Top Class.

Aresenal's Back Up: Not Good Enough.

One of my students is an Arsenal fan and we were talking about this the other day, it's how he understands the phrase "No Strength In Depth". I feel sorry for Arsenal fans, but it's true. :/

So if they had their full strength first team out tonight would they have turned Barca over? I'd dare say they still might not have been good enough.

The scoreline wouldn't have been as big as it was I believe. There would always be hope if we had all our creativeness on the pitch and the goal threat with Van Persie up front.

Barcelona are a quality side with lots of experience and an explosive young talent, they have a lot of depth in the squad, what you would call a near perfect football team. I see no shame in losing to Barcelona. Especially with what we had.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

So if they had their full strength first team out tonight would they have turned Barca over? I'd dare say they still might not have been good enough.

I disagree. I think they have a lot of quality in the first team AND (when the moment is right) they can pull out some really top-drawer performances.

Besides, football is a funny old game, so strange things can always happen.

Thank God Ramar is away for a day or so whatever the result :p

I went to the game >_>'

Half the Arsenal team were under performing tonight. Bendtner was shocking, Rosicky was wasteful. Walcott was flapping about doing nothing as always. Clichy was Clichy. I know the injury list is bigger than Walcott's IQ but still everyone seems to be affected by that at the moment, and it just didn't work out for Arsenal in the end.

How was Bendtner shocking? He got himself on the scoresheet, barely had the ball at his feet all night and won the majority of headers when started to play shitty hoofball. Rosicky was shite, and Nasri wasn't much better, its all fair and well keeping the ball at your feet but when you're left spinning in circles and not releasing the ball early you aren't going anywhere.

Clichy was quality in the second half, at least he showed some desire and passion even if he can't shoot.

I didn't really want to whinge about the match because we were undone by a fantastic team who over two legs clearly deserved to go through. The Nou Camp isn't that great of a stadium looks ugly as sin from the outside and when you get to the top (I was second row from the top) its fucking cold.

And bollocks do I want to see Man Utd do well, I'd rather see Barca go on and win it.

I disagree. I think they have a lot of quality in the first team AND (when the moment is right) they can pull out some really top-drawer performances.

Besides, football is a funny old game, so strange things can always happen.

I was just playing devils advocate. :heh:

Everyone knows how good Arsenal are, but when it really comes down to it, they always seem to come up short. Barcelona play the silky football but they have the killer instinct that Arsenal lack when it comes big games- particularly in Europe. Would the result have been different if Arsenal had a full strength team out? Maybe. Would Barcelona still have gone through? I'm gonna say yes.

How was Bendtner shocking?

I didn't see the match but from what I know (from hearing some of it on the radio and some highlights this morning), Bendtner had a good game. He was wrongfully called offside in the first half and didn't he hit the woodwork in the second? Not a bad shift at all.

Lionel Messi is just far too good.

I'm a Bayern Munich fan.

This being said...

We're done for.

Manchester is showing us how to play it right. We're fucking up pretty much everything.

Our left defensive side is probably the worst I have ever seen and our offensive efforts (if you can call them efforts) are practically non-existent.

Lucky goal by Olic (I generously grant him the goal...but it was lucky, nonetheless) probably won't change much.

My guess for the result:

ManU 5 : 1 FC Bayern Munich

Rafael is off. Man U down to 10 men.

Yeah, that was the decisive moment. To be fair, it was a stupid foul, and he knows it.

But! Bayern could have been down to 10 men, too, since Badstuber's foul was definitely red worthy.

What a goal Robben! Hang on now!

This guy is a genius. He's so important for Bayern Munich. He shot many goals which turned games into their favor.

I don't know if we deserved to reach the semi-final.

In the first leg we played very well. The second leg was, as I already have mentioned, quite a bad match. At least in the first half. Then lady luck was on our side.

I'm a Bayern Munich fan.

This being said...

We're done for.

Manchester is showing us how to play it right. We're fucking up pretty much everything.

Our left defensive side is probably the worst I have ever seen and our offensive efforts (if you can call them efforts) are practically non-existent.

Lucky goal by Olic (I generously grant him the goal...but it was lucky, nonetheless) probably won't change much.

My guess for the result:

ManU 5 : 1 FC Bayern Munich

Well played sir.

Bollocks to it.

I thought we put in a great performance tonight especially in the first half. Heartbreaking that we're out. The sending off was defo a turning point but got no real complaints. I thought the ref had a really good game, wasn't having none of that rolling about on the floor rubbish. Just gutting really. 3-0 up cruising then concede the goal before half time followed by the sending off. I knew we couldn't withstand that pressure for half hour and saw the goal coming, but what a great goal by Robben. BAH. I think if we still had 11 men on the pitch we would have walked it the second half.

Oh well Barca are going to win it anyway.... >_>'

classic! All EPL teams out of the CL before the semi-finals.

That shuts up the EPL hype machine and the "EPL is the best league in the world lovers"

All the pundits will be crying tonight, Richard Keys and Andy Gray must be ready to slit there wrists. lol

Ferguson is a sore loser and his comments after the game were disgraceful. Bayern vs Lyon is 50/50.

Barca to win the whole thing and it will be pretty easy!

Yeah, that was the decisive moment. To be fair, it was a stupid foul, and he knows it.

But! Bayern could have been down to 10 men, too, since Badstuber's foul was definitely red worthy.

This guy is a genius. He's so important for Bayern Munich. He shot many goals which turned games into their favor.

I don't know if we deserved to reach the semi-final.

In the first leg we played very well. The second leg was, as I already have mentioned, quite a bad match. At least in the first half. Then lady luck was on our side.

Robben is world class!

Bayern so lucky vs fiorentina. The Klose goal was miles offside..

Edited by khilafah

I think if we still had 11 men on the pitch we would have walked it the second half.

You're right. Then my guess might have been right, too. :p

Oh well Barca are going to win it anyway.... >_>'

Right again.

I'm happy for Bayern (who would've thought) but there's also good news for the German Bundesliga. We might get 4 places for teams to reach the Champions League. Now we're at two (the first place directly qualifies, and the second needs to do extra qualification games).

All the EPL teams out? It'll be a poorer competition because of it. At least it gives teams from the shit European leagues a chance. Until they play Barca and lose.

Tongue in cheek? Or are you typically ignorant to European football?

Ribbery is a cunt. Robben is a whiney cunt.

If anyone else had scored that goal I would've had an ounce of respect for Bayern going through. It was a great strike, but both the above make me angry.

Especially Ribbery's persuasive antics when De Silva was on a yellow.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!