Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2009/2010

Mr-Paul

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there's much in the rumours, but you never know in football. Stranger things have happened.

Awful second half from United. Completely over-run, sloppy and careless. Van Der Sar has kept us in the tie. Still, the important away goal will be very handy for next week, and we can win it at home. Fair play to Bayern, they went for it in the second half and got what they deserved.

I don't think there's much in the rumours, but you never know in football. Stranger things have happened.

Awful second half from United. Completely over-run, sloppy and careless. Van Der Sar has kept us in the tie. Still, the important away goal will be very handy for next week, and we can win it at home. Fair play to Bayern, they went for it in the second half and got what they deserved.

Awful second half? United were awful for the whole game, can't remember the last time they played that poorly.

From the sounds of things Rooney's injury shouldn't be too bad, my first thought when I saw him jumping up in pain and being carried off the pitch at the end was broken foot! Apparently replays show he 'just' went over on his ankle.

Awful second half? United were awful for the whole game, can't remember the last time they played that poorly.

From the sounds of things Rooney's injury shouldn't be too bad, my first thought when I saw him jumping up in pain and being carried off the pitch at the end was broken foot! Apparently replays show he 'just' went over on his ankle.

They were a lot more controlled in the first half, and hit Bayern on the counter quite well. They were being defensive, but it was working in the first half, until the last 5 minutes or so where Bayern finished strongly. They didn't have control in the second half.

Rooney will be fine, although I'm not sure if he'll be alright for Saturday. Probably will be, but we won't know until the morning.

All in all, it must have been a good game for the neutrals. Very open, chances at both ends, and entertaining. The away goal was the important thing, getting a win would have been brilliant, but I would have taken a score draw or a narrow loss beforehand

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

They were a lot more controlled in the first half, and hit Bayern on the counter quite well. They were being defensive, but it was working in the first half, until the last 5 minutes or so where Bayern finished strongly. They didn't have control in the second half.

Rooney will be fine, although I'm not sure if he'll be alright for Saturday. Probably will be, but we won't know until the morning.

All in all, it must have been a good game for the neutrals. Very open, chances at both ends, and entertaining. The away goal was the important thing, getting a win would have been brilliant, but I would have taken a score draw or a narrow loss beforehand

I wouldn't be surprised if Fergie plays a few mind games off this. Saying he's not fit and then him making a sudden return on Saturday or against Bayern, hopefully. Overall I'm not too upset by the 2-1, we got a crucial away goal and hopefully there will be no boneheaded defending on the return leg.

How did that end 2-2, with me thinking we can do this? First half we were shite or maybe not, Barcelona were just fantastic. On the ball the passing is sublime, off it they are like a pack of hounds after it. The fact we've clawed something out of this is nothing short of amazing considering they should have been 4-0 up within 20 mins.

Walcott was our main threat when he came on and Almunia was sensational first half, so credit where its due. Two players I've knocked recently.

Can not wait to go to the Nou Camp now. C'mon you Gunners!!

Really enjoyed the Arsa-Barca clash. Can't believe it finished 2-2. At half time, I was expecting Barcelona to finish the game 6-0 or something daft. What I admire about them is that they have much more to their game than simply the "passing game" that everyone rants and raves about. The two goals came from simple balls over the top, but they chose the right move at the right time. They can pass the ball, then can certainly win it back when they lose the ball, they can cross it effectively from wide positions and they can play a ball over the top of the backline. Much more than simply just passing it around into feet.

I thought Song was really up for it in the first half, and it's just a shame he got moved to centre-back, because he was one of the only ones hustling and hassling Barca in the first half. I agree with Ramar, Walcott and Almunia (in the first half) gave some great performances. Also can't believe that Puyol got himself sent off...a great game.

Now, the Chelsea clash on Saturday: Looks like Rooney will be out for around 2-4 weeks, so will most definitely miss the game on Saturday. If Owen was fit, I wouldn't be an emotional wreck, but that isn't the case. I think we'll most probably go 4-3-3 with Berba up top. This will work as long as he stays in the box and doesn't drop deep. We need him to stay in the box and give the ball to Valencia to whip it in. That's the difference between the first half and second half at Bolton. Second half he stayed in the box and didn't drop deep as much, and as a result bagged two goals thanks to some great midfield play. Cmaaaan Berba.

So our injury woes increase.

• Cesc out for the season.
  • Gallas and Arshavin out for 3 weeks.
  • Clichy and Denilson possibly out for Saturday.

Add that to Van Persie, Ramsey, Djourou and Gibbs who aren't likely to feature again this season. And our 'easier' run-in becomes that much harder.

Not to mention the hit and miss fitness of Rosicky, Eduardo and Silvestre.

Just hope Man Utd and Chelsea draw on Saturday.

Well once again a completely crap night of football from Liverpool.

When Insua first started playing for us I was really impressed and thought he had loads of potential, now I just want him to leave. Hes not nearly good enough. Lucas was pretty none existant and really should never be playing. Torres just didnt look into that game at all. Babel of course was a complete idiot for getting sent off, I mean who leans over a referee to push a player in the face???

I'll be interested to see if anything happens to Benfica over those firecrackers or whatever they were getting thrown onto the pitch, I mean its just rediculous.

Also I really cant stand channel 5 football coverage, especially their commentary. I mean they were actually talking about how the first penalty might not have been one! Insua took a big swing and took out the guys leg!

I don't get why he doesn't play Benayoun? He's one of most creative players, but he prefers to play Kuyt :S Who isn't even a wide player.

Kuyt is quality (I've said this loads) but I also agree Benayoun needs to be playing. I rate both of them.

I can't believe Kuyt hasn't been "found out" yet. Basically, his hardworking attitude has papered over the cracks. He does a decent job, but in no way should he ever start over a more natural wide player such as Yossi. He's a big money buy being played out of position to justify his price tag. Rafa likes playing this 4-2-3-1 system with Torres up front, which means that the only way to play Kuyt is to either have him up front instead of Torres (unless Torres is unfit, this is never ever going to happen) or play him out of position on the wing. Maybe if Kuyt played in that middle three and played further up, so just a bit short behind the striker, then that would work. But, of course, that's where Gerrard plays, and I don't think he would want to play either wide left or right.

He does a decent job, but I think the guy is getting far too much praise.

Rumours are that the linesman at Old Trafford missed the offside trap because he was thinking about the personal tour of Stamford Bridge John Terry had offered to him for free at half time :p

Man United were clearly sub par, we looked like the better team overall, but that initial pressure in the second half was worrying!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!