N-Europe

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so glad they got some spotlight to talk about the games, they deserve this kind of recognition, and not the shit the "hardcore" gaming press did to MP3 by barely even talking about it.

This. Hopefully IGN and GT promote Trilogy a bit once it comes out.

Aren't these guys the ones who could give F-Zero or Star Fox their well earned boost?

well in my opinion with f-zero it only goes downhill from f-zero gx...

that was so good I don't think it needs a boast.. just add death race for the bitchy fans and lower the difficulty for said bitchy fans and were all good :)

well in my opinion with f-zero it only goes downhill from f-zero gx...

that was so good I don't think it needs a boast.. just add death race for the bitchy fans and lower the difficulty for said bitchy fans and were all good :)

They can't lower the difficulty. I won't allow it. The hardest difficulty on the grand prix was insanely well accomplished. Not cheap, just really encouraging you to master the game. I loved the damned thing to bits.

Guest Captain Falcon
They can't lower the difficulty. I won't allow it. The hardest difficulty on the grand prix was insanely well accomplished. Not cheap, just really encouraging you to master the game. I loved the damned thing to bits.

There are some cheap elements to F-Zero GX.

What always bothers me is that no matter how well he's been racing up to the point, if he's on the track, Billy will always place first for the AI on Green Plant: Spiral by a considerable margin. And that's on any difficulty - I always have to thrash my machine to keep up or keep him behind me and he's always only just behind. Unless it's just my game that is glitched or something...

Anyway, back to the Prime Trilogy.

Cool video. Whilst I have no objection to seeing Phazon or Dark Samus again (though how it would be achieved is a complete mystery given they destroyed the source), I think now might be bit too soon.

Personally, I'd love to see a remake of the first Metroid done in the Prime style. They could either slow it down and make it really atmospheric, or they could try a quicker pace in an attempt to mimic the feel of the original.

Of course I'm saying this now, but Other M might come along and blow Prime out of the water to the point that I wouldn't want another one again - but even just matching the quality of Prime would be an achievement most studios will never reach.

Thought I might share this intriguing summary from the GamePro review of this.

Three of the finest FPS experiences from the GameCube days gets the port they deserves in this stellar recollection of the Metroid Prime series.

I'm still playing the game of 'Spot the number of errors'.

Kinda disappointed they toned down the difficulty in Echoes on those bosses a bit. I don't ever remember having any trouble at all on them when I played it. ::shrug: Oh well, a small misdemeanour in a stellar collection that I was always going to buy.

I should imagine the bosses are all easier with the new remote pinter controls. They will make aiming a lot easier and change the play mechanics a lot. I'm looking forward to it :)

Guest Captain Falcon

Whilst I thought the Boost Ball Guardian was really tough given it's appearance so relatively early, the boss that always bugged me most was Emperor Ing's third phase because I could never really tell when my shots would hit the thing.

They looked like clear chances, but I would always miss with the Sonic Boom.

Then it just tuns into one long slog.

There was nothing wrong at all with the Spider Guardian.

This is why I (re-)bought Metroid Prime on GameCube recently - to prove to myself I could complete the "real" game. I'm tempted to get Prime 2 (also on Cube), but I've read about it and I can't be bothered with some aspects of the game. The last straw was when I heard you can run out of "ammunition" for some of your beams. I don't mind running out of missiles, but running out of "beam" sounds like a step too far.

Whilst I thought the Boost Ball Guardian was really tough given it's appearance so relatively early, the boss that always bugged me most was Emperor Ing's third phase because I could never really tell when my shots would hit the thing.

They looked like clear chances, but I would always miss with the Sonic Boom.

Then it just tuns into one long slog.

There was nothing wrong at all with the Spider Guardian.

Mr. Falcon Punch.. it took me a few goes to take care of the third phase of Emperor Ing in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes but whenever I got into my stride it all seemed much easier :smile:

That was actually quite a frustrating game for me as I was quite enjoying it and then there were a few hours where it felt a bit frustrating and tedious right up to the final encounter :hmm: It's still fresh in my mind as I only played through it in the last month or so :heh:

I have now finished every Metroid game I own having completed Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Metroid, Metroid: Zero Mission and Metroid Fusion this summer. They have all been waiting for months and, in some cases, years, to be taken care of and I always found it strange how I could never really get into the series.. but it just pulled me in through July and August :smile:

In regard to Metroid Prime Trilogy, I have to recommend it but take into consideration the decline in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes towards the end (in my opinion, of course :eek: and the lower difficulty of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption..

Nintendo sent this out this morning.... The UK version appears to lack the collector's tin, it just has a cardboard sleeve. Was this common knowledge?

Play and Amazon said it has a cardboard sleeve. Which is utter crap.