Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Political Compass

ipaul

http://www.politicalcompass.org/

Just thought I'd let you all know about this, take the test and it will place you on the political spectrum from left to right economically and socially. I think it would be interesting to post our results as well so I'll go first:

pcgraphpng.php?ec=-8.75&soc=-8.56

Nice to know I'm nowhere near any of the three major political parties in the UK then =P Although I did answer all the questions with my honest opinion, I think it might have a slight left bias o_O

pcgraphpng.php?ec=-3.12&soc=-1.79

Not enough questions on that but I guess I am happy at where I am but I think if I got into a convo with someone about my views on various things it wouldn't be the same as this graph.

I see me and Dyson are the mature non hippie members of the forum lol

I haven't slept in over 40 hours but I can tell you this, most libertarians have no idea what libertarianism means so this is all a load of crap.

I bet most people here have no idea what libertarianism entails.

pcgraphpng.php?ec=-5.88&soc=-6.51

Yeah, if only it was as easy as this...

Bollocks.

The usual understanding of anarchism as a left wing ideology does not take into account the neo-liberal "anarchism" championed by the likes of Ayn Rand...

Seriously, what is this? Ayn Rand did not advocate anarchism. What a total pile of crap.

Edited by Daft

pcgraphpng.php?ec=-3.25&soc=-1.64

I thought I would come out a little lower left, but hey who said middle of the road is bad!!?!?!? If anything I have a fair, balenced view. :P

UK PARTIES 2008

enParties.gif

Edited by fex

Ahhh, I remember doing things like this in politics.

Anyway, I don't really need a compass quiz to know where I am. I'm slightly libertarian when it comes to social issues and probably middle ground with economic issues (going left with my age though).

left: those who support varying degrees of social or political or economic change designed to promote the public welfare

wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

right: those who support political or social or economic conservatism; those who believe that things are better left unchanged

Authoritarianism describes a form of government characterized by an emphasis on the authority of the state in a republic or union.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authoritarian

libertarianism - an ideological belief in freedom of thought and speech

(ripped from google definitions)