Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

How to make a Chocolate Cake in 5 minutes

Caris

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used my Worlds greatest 18 Year Old. ;) So like Daniel and Ashley's mugs but not quite!

Me happy and excited about what is about to go down. :D

IMGP0685.jpg

Thinking it was a diaster I stuck it in the microwave for a bit longer.

IMGP0687.jpg

This is what it ended up like. It looks horrible but tasted really nice. I will do it again but in a smaller mug as this seemed to big! :)

IMGP0688.jpg

Yay! :yay:

That was AWESOME

We made two, the first just with plain flower which was pretty good but abit thick so the next time we added a tiny bit of bicarbonate soda which made it turn out about 3 times the size... will definitely do it again, it's rather awesome to amaze people with :P

Pics followed hwn I bluettoth them off my friend

Still haven't tried this. Will try it next weekend when my parents go away otherwise they'll just moan about it. And I think I'll try and see if I can make it like those melt in the middle sponge things. Shouldn't be too hard. Take it out half way through cooking and put the choco in the middle and finish the cooking. Should work, in theory at least.

Totally unrelated to the cake, but what the heck is white chocolate made out of it? We got into this discussion the other day. Im too lazy to look it up, but i was sure it was only called chocolate because it looks the same and has the same texture. It has no cocoa in it and so therefore is not officially a chocolate. Right?!

Totally unrelated to the cake, but what the heck is white chocolate made out of it? We got into this discussion the other day. Im too lazy to look it up, but i was sure it was only called chocolate because it looks the same and has the same texture. It has no cocoa in it and so therefore is not officially a chocolate. Right?!

Yeah technically not chocolate, its like milk n' sugar' n' shit.

Your correct, you only get it from infected eggs i think...

Got me wondering now.

Well I think the lion means "this egg doesn't have salmonella, unless it does and you try to sue us, in which case we never said it had it." Basically, they've been checked over, and probably washed, but there's a tiny chance that there could be salmonella actually inside the egg. If this is the case, you could get ill if the egg isn't cooked through, but you can also kill it by heating the egg at about 42 celcius for a while, which is hot enough to kill the bacteria but not coagulate the egg proteins - good to do if you're poaching eggs or something. And another precaution is to crack the egg on a flat surface rather than on the rim of a cup, as using a rim can force bacteria from the surface into the contents of the egg. The other thing is that bacteria tend to be confined to the white of fresh eggs, so if that's solid you're okay, but in older eggs the yolk membrane degrades a bit so you can find salmonella there too. But salmonella isn't really that bad if you do actually get it - it's like norovirus or something, fever and D&V for a couple of days. I've had it before, albeit mildly, and it wasn't much of a problem - it only is if you're old, infirm, pregnant etc. Anyway, I'll shut up about eggs now, I'm a bit obsessed with culinary science applied to them.

Cocoa butter, milk and sugar - they don't add cocoa powder, unlike in normal chocolate. Which means that yes, it doesn't count as chocolate.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!