N-Europe

Brands That Won't Be Beat

ReZourceman

There a certain brands that won't be beat. The typical one that people quote is Heinz Baked Beans....I however do not have much experience particularly recently with baked beans so I shall decline comment on that.

However I will offer up a suggestion....

...Listerine mouth wash. A brand that won't be beat.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As in brands which is the best of its kind. Thus, to use your example, there are no better beans than Heinz?

This one. :)

I decided to make this thread after having some Tesco mouth wash this morning. I'm almost convinced they use the same liquid in their kithcen work surface bleach. If not identical, then they taste very similar.

Coca Cola. No matter what people say - and push on me. Nothing will beat the original taste.

Recent Brands tried (but not liked.)

M&S Coke - (tastes like cola bottle sweets and thus is sickly after 3 'swigs')

ASDA Coke - (Tastes like it was filtered from a beck as the fizz is so strong.)

Tesco Coke - (Shite...utter shite. Should carry a health warning. - Partial to giving you the runs too. Is it worth it? No.)

Pepsi - (Sweet enough that you can feel the acid rotting your teeth and gums - IN REAL TIME.)

Pepsi Max - (as above but will make you more hyper than a 6yr old on Christmas morning.)

Virgin Cola - (The only thing to come close to Coca Cola yet still far too sweet - thus limiting the amount you can drink in one sitting.)

Coca Cola. No matter what people say - and push on me. Nothing will beat the original taste.

Recent Brands tried (but not liked.)

M&S Coke - (tastes like cola bottle sweets and thus is sickly after 3 'swigs')

ASDA Coke - (Tastes like it was filtered from a beck as the fizz is so strong.)

Tesco Coke - (Shite...utter shite. Should carry a health warning. - Partial to giving you the runs too. Is it worth it? No.)

Pepsi - (Sweet enough that you can feel the acid rotting your teeth and gums - IN REAL TIME.)

Pepsi Max - (as above but will make you more hyper than a 6yr old on Christmas morning.)

Virgin Cola - (The only thing to come close to Coca Cola yet still far too sweet - thus limiting the amount you can drink in one sitting.)

100% agreement. I don't understand how Pepsi is better, yet there are many that do.

I guess it's just taste-buds.

Ultimately, Doritos cannot be beaten by any other tortilla chip out there. Their dips are pretty solid too. Coleman's Mustard, Hellman's Mayonnaise and Lea & Perrins Worcester Sauce claim strong holds on the condiments tehy represent, but Heinz... I think I just have a thing against them and their unwavering, unquestioning consumer base.

Scrumpy Jack is the most efficient cider out there. Sailor Jerry's is the best rum by miiiles. Golden Virginia is the best tobacco, but only in the sense that it is clearly made with chemicals that prevent you from ever liking the taste of other tobacco ever again, rather than actually tasting better. Bombay Sapphire is winnar in the Gintest. Clipper make the best 'disposable' lighters, that last the longest and are the most durable and wind-resistant.

That's all I can think of for now.

As opposed to all this FAKE TIME flying around these days. Tsk! ;)

There a certain brands that won't be beat. The typical one that people quote is Heinz Baked Beans....I however do not have much experience particularly recently with baked beans so I shall decline comment on that.

However I will offer up a suggestion....

...Listerine mouth wash. A brand that won't be beat.

Actually I'm backing Branston baked beans. So much better. :heh:

Heinz beans have awful consistency!

I disagree, they're spot on. I liked Branston to begin with, but the sauce was just too thick for me.

Ultimately, Doritos cannot be beaten by any other tortilla chip out there.

Sadly that's because no one would want to. Tortilla chips are awful. You get a millisecond of flavour then BAM, horrid corn shit. Same with dry roasted peanuts. They should just market the flavour on its own.

McCoys crisps are the shit. Their salt and vinegar simply cannot be beat.

Daddies brown sauce, is quite literally, the Daddy. HP has nothing on it.

Kopperberg, for pear cider.

I actually prefer Heinz, or even Tesco's own brand beans over Branston's - I find Branston's too mushy.

On a more nerdy note, Logitech for mice. :heh:

Kellogg's for coco-pop-style cereal, as they have the most consistently chocolaty taste.

McCoy's for crinkle cut crisps, if not ALL crisps! *awaits rabbid Kettle Chips fans...*

Heinz beans have awful consistency!

Branston Beans - 10/10

Heinz - 6/10

Tesco Value - 3/10

Heinz have gotten sooo sooo crap lately, really watery eww :shakehead

I like branston beans they rock :heh:

Can't beat lysterine (sp) but its a tad on the expensive side. Cortisol is well recommended by dentists but probably less well known.

Mr Kipling buns, cant beat em with a stick! (although I'd rather eat them to be honest :heh:)

Heinz have gotten sooo sooo crap lately, really watery eww :shakehead

I like branston beans they rock :heh:

Can't beat lysterine (sp) but its a tad on the expensive side. Cortisol is well recommended by dentists but probably less well known.

Good lass for the backing up us Branston Believers! I'm currently using Sainsbury's own Extra Strength mouthwash and it's very good as a cheap alternative! However, Listerine is really the pro choice - you can just feel it burning away the evil in your mouth!

Good lass for the backing up us Branston Believers! I'm currently using Sainsbury's own Extra Strength mouthwash and it's very good as a cheap alternative! However, Listerine is really the pro choice - you can just feel it burning away the evil in your mouth!

Listerine is pretty good tbh. My dentist recommended cortisol to prevent my gums bleeding (which they do on rare occasion - no idea why) but I prefer listerine. =)

Branston wins.

Also candles. Yankee candles are so awesome. Lovely smells that last longer than any other! ^^ Terribly expensive tho :(

Kopperberg, for pear cider.

I actually prefer Heinz, or even Tesco's own brand beans over Branston's - I find Branston's too mushy.

On a more nerdy note, Logitech for mice. :heh:

Kellogg's for coco-pop-style cereal, as they have the most consistently chocolaty taste.

McCoy's for crinkle cut crisps, if not ALL crisps! *awaits rabbid Kettle Chips fans...*

I will concur with your Mccoys praise. The Thai Sweet Chilli Chicken flavour is orgasmic. But Kettle chips are also wonderful. I think an underrated contender is Marks and Sparks' own brand handcooked crisps. Simply delicious!

How about Smirnoff vodka? You're not quite as russian drinking Glenn's are you?

Absolut is much better than Smirnoff and far far far better than Glen's. It's too expensive though so I just normally go for Smirnoff as you can always find good deals on that.

----

Dyson for vacuum cleaners.

Barr's Irn Bru

Windows for Operating Systems? :heh: