N-Europe

Wait, they're going to start selling games in that sort of case now? Is this only in Europe, or worldwide? And why are the holes behind the disk, rather than around it? I mean, what's the point of even having a plastic case if you're going to do that? You might as well just put them in CD envelopes, they would provide just as much disk protection, and would probably be cheaper.

Hmmm...

2vvvzw3.jpg

They aren't seriously gonna start rolling those out world-wide right? Out of all the cases the Wii's for me were the best because they are sturdier than Xbox cases and more 'standard' than PS3 ones.

If they start making these their 'standard' then they might as well just start packaging their games in DS sized CD cases because with that huge recycling logo cut out and the bits behind the disc removed the cover is going to get either a nasty imprint when you hold the case anywhere other than the edges or it'll get ripped, the only way they could kind of counter-act this would be to make the paper inserts cardboard which they won't do...

*sigh* *fondly remembers and misses Sega Dreamcast cases* :sad:

I don't think those are officially Nintendo-endorsed, you know. I believe they've just been made by some other company, and third parties can use them if they wish. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any of Nintendo's own Wii games have used these.

I was hoping that was the case.

Oh, those are holes! I thought it was just black paint. The most shoddy case I have is NMH and SSBB American versions, its really thin plastic compared to their European counter parts.

I wouldn't be surprised if the EU had some standards for that too. :P

I think the best cases for CDs and DVDs are in the the ones with the 'ying/yang' style push areas. As long as they contain that, with a good few milimeters under the disk, they can package the rest in paper - for next generation machines. Don't mess with the look of the collection at this point (NSMB burns my eyes).

JAPAN SALES

Had a quick look and in its second week FFXIII has dropped to 4th. Mario is back at number 1, Zelda is number 2, and the weird Mii DS game is number 3 - what!?! This game has been out since July and has sold well over 2m copies in japan alone!! That country is weird isn't it :)

Great to see Mario doing incredibly well and a good start for Zelda!! I think by the end NSMB is going to sell over 20m copies world wide. Insane numbers the game's doing.

I try to stay in the loop and I don't know what he's on about.
It's Tomodachi Collection. And it's not weird (well, ok it is a bit weird :heh:) but it looks awesome. :grin:

I would buy it in an instant if it ever got released in Europe, purely to re-create stuff like this...

Hilarious footage of Miyamoto's Mii singing:

:laughing:

JPN Trailer:

Edited by RedShell

It's Tomodachi Collection. And it's not weird (well, ok it is a bit weird :heh:) but it looks awesome. :grin:

I would buy it in an instant if it ever got released in Europe

Hence I don't get why not test the waters with this game. If it sold 2 mill in japan then they have nothing to lose trying to see if people want a game like this over here in english. Come ooooooon Nintendo bring it over here :D

Having sold my Wii a few months ago, and being out of the loop for probably 12 months. I have just ordered a nice shiny black one, mainly for Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

Apart from Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros Wii, is there any really stand out games I should be picking up?

Conduit, Beatles (though I think you got it for PS3, if not it's £50 on HMV with instruments), Muramasa, Dead Space, Wii Sports Resort, Tiger Woods 10, Little Kings Story (£6 at Sainsburys), Mad World, Wario Land...just to get you re-started :)

There's a few hidden gems that you can get cheap - Order Up, House of the Dead, Sam and Max Season 1, Punchout etc....

And obviously that's not including some of awesome stuff on WiiWare!!

Anyone seen GT's Best Wii Game of the Year award?

Nominated:

Beatles

CoD 4: Reflex Edition

DJ Hero

MadWorld

DJ Hero

NSMB Wii

Winner: NSMB Wii

Now then... two music games are nominated?! Couldn't they have gone with just one at most? I only own one of all the five titles nominated. Where's the likes of Punch-Out!! and Muramasa...? No disrespect to MadWorld and Reflex because they are the sort of titles that the Wii needs but to me, looking at those five nominees as a whole makes it look like 2009 has been a really dud year for new releases.

Yeah I justed watched this... and yeah, it's pretty when two majorly multiplatform music games on their umptenth edition get in amongst the nominations.

There have been a number of games overlooked... HotD:Overkill, Wii Sports Resort, Tiger Woods 10 (MotionPlus version), Little Kings Story etc...

But Nintendo REALLY need to step things up next year!

Edited by Retro_Link