Coke vs Diet Coke

triforce_keeper

Coke vs Diet Coke  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Coke vs Diet Coke

• Yes there is a difference!
    • No there isn't a difference!
    • Don't give a shit :/

I'm talking about the proper stuff here.

Is there a difference? Is the difference worth getting rotten teeth?

I have just drank a can of Coke, after having only Diet Coke for a year, and YES there is a difference! Although, I don't think I will be switching purely because there's not enough difference to warrant the amount of sugar in Coke :/

So, is there a difference?

There is a definite difference in the taste. I think Diet Coke is a bit more fizzy and a little bit tasteless in comparison.

When Diet Coke with Lime was out though, that was supreme. There's a "citrus" one available now I think, but it's not the same.

Regular coke ftw, but I don't drink it as much as I used to, to expensive and not good for you!

PS, guys, please stick with the topic and don't turn this thread into another Pepsi vs Coke vs Dr Pepper vs Mountain Dew thread.

They taste extremely different to me, but then I can tell which supermarket apple juice comes from based on the taste. I actually prefer diet coke, which is why I drink it - I'm not bothered whether it's healthier or not. (The jury's still out, but based on the research I've read about, it seems the answer is "diet coke is probably healthier." But yeah, I'd drink diet coke whatever.)

They still both damage your teeth, the sugar is the least of your worries.

What? diet coke is far less damaging to your teeth.. who the hell told you that?!

Yes it damages your teeth, but nothing in comparison whatsoever. Someone that only drinks maybe a can every now and then should have no worries if they have good dental hygiene.

Diet coke tastes really artificial (god knows what too much of it does to your system) and real coke is full of sugar/calories.. So they both suck.

Coke Zero is where its at. I even managed to convert my boss to it from coke :D

edit: I'm going to agree with Supergrunch here.. What sugar you don't have in diet coke, is filled with lovely e numbers and additives... It's nearly as bad imo..

There is definately a difference between Coke and Diet Coke. I much prefer the taste of Coke which I always get. (except sometimes Dr. Pepper,which is superior ;))

But for you I don't think it is worth changing the taste that you have known for years, Like I can't switch to Diet Coke as It feels a bit tasteless after Coke. Stick With Diet Coke so your Teeth don't rot as I don't think there is a big difference. :)

Yep there's a difference - cancer. Diet Coke has the artificial sweetener aspartame in it, like most diet drinks. Aspartame was discovered to cause cancer in monkeys - which are 99% the same as us genetically (or is it 90%, whatever, it's high). Drink corps use aspartame in their products cos it's dirt cheap.

Yeah i know everything is supposed to give you cancer nowadays. But just google aspartame... hundreds of articles will come up. Not nice ones either. Unfortunately the company that manufactures it is of massive influence... and money talks.

I don't touch diet drinks anymore. Or any fizzy drinks with it in (which is most).

Bah... i never liked Coke ANYWAY! So overrated.

What? diet coke is far less damaging to your teeth.. who the hell told you that?

My dentist agrees, the acid which is present in both Coke and Diet Coke does most of the damage to your tooth enamel so going for the sugarless version doesn't make all that much difference.

Yep there's a difference - cancer. Diet Coke has the artificial sweetener aspartame in it, like most diet drinks. Aspartame was discovered to cause cancer in monkeys - which are 99% the same as us genetically (or is it 90%, whatever, it's high). Drink corps use aspartame in their products cos it's dirt cheap.

Yeah i know everything is supposed to give you cancer nowadays. But just google aspartame... hundreds of articles will come up. Not nice ones either. Unfortunately the company that manufactures it is of massive influence... and money talks.

I don't touch diet drinks anymore. Or any fizzy drinks with it in (which is most).

Bah... i never liked Coke ANYWAY! So overrated.

Yeah, aspartame's the main complaint about diet coke, but the research surrounding it is extremely inconclusive. It's been accused of doing a great deal of bad things, including but not limited to cancer, but the accusations don't tend to hold up in research - sometimes you get vague correlations, other times you get nothing at all. Not to say that aspartame is good for you, but as I said, the jury's still out.

diet coke is disgusting!!!

i definately love a bottle of the coke :)

tho recently ive kinda gone off it cause i feel that it lacks flavour compared to other fizzy drinks (bpm, dr pepper)

but still coke over dr pepper

coke zero isnt nice as well - its not the same great taste! i had one in subway last week and urgh it was horrible

I no longer drink fizzy drinks, and haven't drunk one in months, but I know that there is a definite difference between Coke and Diet Coke. Obviously, Coke has a more caramelised flavour due to the sugar present whereas Diet Coke tastes like fizzy brown water with a slight Coke flavouring. Very distinct difference. But then I can tell the difference between DIet Coke and Pepsi Max even when they are in unmarked cups.