Rate the last game you played

Chris the great

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bayonetta

wow, that was mental.

serisouly, just when you think the games peaked in terms of ott action, you end up is some sort of freefall battle sillyness or crazy highway battle. to say the story of the game was daft is like saying nick griffin has some slightly out of touch views. buthen, you rally arnt there for the story.

the action is blisteringly tight paced, whilst to the casualy observer, it looks incomprehensable, it actualy a very well ballenced system, with no enemy or attacking feeling overpowered once you have seen it a few times.

the game is certainly not easy, or willing to cut you any slack. one particualar level fairly early on seemed to be drawing to a clamax no fewer then 3 times, introducing what could easily be mistaken for end of level bosses, only to suddenly add more of them. and THEN a boss shows up.

i suppose comparisons to outher games in the beat em up/action genra are ineveitable. the obvious parrallel being devil may cry, from which the game borrows heavily. theres also an element of god of war, and a pleasing familiarity to viewtiful joe. yet my strongest comparison may seem an unusual choice: street fighter 4. the game is just so well ballenced. bosses and chalenges that once seemed impossible seem less daunting as you become more proficient, and learn to read the battle.

having one playthrough on normal mode under my belt, i thourougly enjoyed the game, yet get the feeling i havent even begun to scratch the surface

9/10 crazy appearence masks one of the most finely tuned games of recent years

brutal legend

you know how great games can be defined by the little bits? how in zelda, its the npcs and the clever settings that draws you in? brutal legend is a game that exclusivly relys on the little touches, yet forgets to make an actual good game. the combat is poor, the rts sections are sub par, yet some how, i cant hate the game. i guess its cos it really has heart.

heart, however, isnt enough. the game is seriosuly lacking, and despite a fun story, the game just dosent motivate me to play. its like the game should have been in development for atleast anouther 6 months.

5/10 gets by on its charms, whilst its not a good game, its made with real love, and it sucks i cant rate it higher.

The save function is fine for me...it's those FUCKING SURVIVORS and thier I.Q of 2.

That's definitely true. Although one of my favorite moments in the game was when i was irritated by one of them for continually running into a wall, so i attacked him to try and move him, only to accidentally sledgehammer his skull, which apparently causes instant death. I loled.

The save system's bearable once you get the hang of it, and the survivors would only be massively irritating if they were compulsory, which luckily they ain't.

GTA: DLC Disc Thingie

Much better than GTA4. It doesn't spend ten hours introducing all the unimportant game elements like the "social" stuff, and it doesn't get tiring after only a couple of the good missions.

The bikes seem a bit easier to control and the missions are more varied and more fun. The characters are still rather dull and I never really cared about what I was doing.

7/10

God of War - I would have scored this higher had i not played II first. While the graphics, environments and story are all top notch..... hefty backtracking, timed box-kicking puzzles, and spinning blade towers are not. :hehe::nono:/10

God of War II-playing this directly after the first one left me feeling a little burned out by the combat but everything else is so good that it didnt matter.

:hug:/10

Is this some Professor Layton brain teaser?!... B did it! no A!... wait... C was lying, was it D?... :shakehead

ooooh your right, poor wording on my part. Ok it went something like this:

Played God of War I for about an hour and got bored. Played II from start to finish and loved it, which compelled me to go back and play I to completion. Sorry for the confusion!

Race Driver Grid

Stopped about halfway through the career and now decided to continue. Awesome game with brilliant car physics, especially when played more like a simulation. The opponents are strong but fair and seem not to cheat so wins feel even more rewarding.

9/10

Mass Effect 2

I'm only few hours into it so far and I hate what happened to my character story-wise which motivates me all the more to prove once again that Shepard is the awesome. So far I didn't notice many changes to gameplay except for space travel (which I find a poor implementation) and the inventory system also irritates me at the moment but I don't have enough items at the moment to really see how comparing stats of different stuff will work.

The presentation and gameplay are of course top-notch although the UE3 engine begins to show its age with blurry textures every now and then and some noticable blocky stuff. Still most of it looks good and plays good.

9/10

ratchet and clank: a crack in time

first R&C game ive played, and it was alright. the game wasnt bad, but felt like lots of elements of games ive already palyed, and not done as well.

the story, i mostly ignored. i wanted to pay attention,b ut the voice acting did my head in. seriosly, why make every NPC have the most irritating voice ever.

i skiped most of the main villans scenes as i feared i may cringe my own face off. it was ment to be funny, but i just felt embarrased on the most part. except for that super hero guy, he was pretty funny.

7/10 lots of fun, but lacking

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!