Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last game you played

Chris the great

StarCraft

The Protoss mission I played clearly showed me in 10 minutes all the flaws of the game. Low resolution, therefore little overview, number of units selection limit, no button to set them to "hold position" on default and a generally pretty stupid AI. Sure the game is old and that should forgive some of the technical flaws but I also pointed out some design flaws.

Other than that it's really enjoyable.

8/10

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Devil May Cry 4: Played it on Human mode and I haven´t played the other DMC much but I found this one to be pretty easy compared to the other I had tried but I´m not going to put a final Judgement on it until I play trough it on a harder difficulty.

Overall though it was a very fun game, I liked the cutscenes (until you start playing Dante then I loved them.

I was a bit worried that Nero would be a copy-paste of Dante but he stood on his own and is a completely different character despite looking like Dante.

Gameplay wise it´s fun but I can´t compare it to the other DMC titles seeing as I have only briefly played them.

Mirror´s Edge: I played this while doing the achievement to not shoot any enemies which was not much of a problem until the final stages where I have to take on way too many enemies.

Which I found annoying seeing as I expected to be a game where fighting. them is optional and that I can escape them.

Which was the case in the first half of the game when it turned into a brawler.

Not that it is an overly bad thing, I liked the melee combat in it but it was not what I wanted in it.

Need to to check the time trials more though.

So I was a bit disappointed with it but I still enjoyed it and I hope the sequels lives up to the expectations I had with this one.

Bully: Scholarship Edition: I´m not sure if I liked or disliked it because it goes very much from being great and just plainly suck.

Most of the characters in this games are just annoying stereotypes and there were too few likeable characters but those few made up for it a bit.

This goes for most of the game, it can be as bad as it is good in gameplay, story and humour.

It´s enjoyable but I don´t understand all the praise it got when it was originally released on the PS2.

Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise

I didn't like this game very much when I bought it, now I'm abit obssessed with it. All the tiny animals, kicking the evil guys ass with spades, I love it!

9/10

Harry potter and the half blood prince

Now is it just me or when you play harry potter you do so so you can fly around hogwarts and learn all snazzy spells, well this just in you don't really do either in this one and its so incredibly short given the book/film. Disappointed

2/10

Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise

I didn't like this game very much when I bought it, now I'm abit obssessed with it. All the tiny animals, kicking the evil guys ass with spades, I love it!

9/10

I could never get into Trouble In Paradise, loved the first one though, absolute gem of a game!

I'm about half way through Fallout 3 at the moment, haven't played it in just over a week though, but am enjoying it. I'm sure when I finally get round to playing it again (instead I just sit around and complain of being bored :heh:) I will get right back into it! At the moment I'd give it an...

8/10

Halo 2 (PC)

Graphics are pretty poor but I really enjoy the gameplay, the pacing seems just right, if only the Master Chief wouldn't jump so high. The singleplayer levels are also well layed out but detail - everything looks a bit sterile and bland. The AI is good though, takes cover, flees to regenerate shields and tries to circle me, so it feels pretty rewarding to take them down. I hope it doesn't get as repetitive as the first one further on but so far I'm really enjoying it.

8/10

• 4 weeks later...
'Splosion Man

Utterly brilliant, a joy to play and very funny. Easily my favourite XBLA game.

9/10

You like it better than Crashers and Braid?

Also, can't wait for Shadow Complex to come out... :heh:

_ _ _ _

The Conduit

Good:

- The controls. Yes, indeed, they are almost flawless. I say almost because some of the buttons are just too far away for quick responsiveness, and there's only 7 "buttons" which are really reliable (A, B, Z, C, -, +, nunchuk waggle) and 8 essential actions for a flowing game (fire, jump, crouch, melee, reload, change weapon, throw grenade and zoom... and possibly change grenade type as a 9th), and since waggling the wiimote for anything actually makes your aim go apeshit, you're going to have to sacrifice something along the way.

But that ain't the game's fault. So yes, while it may seem that I'm complaining too much, the controls are in fact as close to perfection as FPSing has ever been.

It's just a pity the home button couldn't be somewhere else to make room for a "=" button between - and +.

- The alien weapons. I was very glad to finally see an FPS in which the alien weapons are actually fantastic to use! (well, most of them, anyway)

- The multiplayer, when it works. Which is about half the time, for me.

Bad:

- There's few things that can really be called "bad" here, but certainly the story is a low point, rivaling GOW in how little it makes you care.

- The multiplayer, when it doesn't work. Which is the other half of the time. Also, the fact that they didn't include an offline multiplayer mode. Grrr.

As for everything else:

Completely average. And I mean that. There's nothing whatsoever there to make this game really standout. Not great. Not terrible. Just average. Way too bland to actually leave a mark. I'm not hoping for a sequel.

I am, however, very glad this game did come out. Because even if I'm not really looking forward to a sequel, the controls are so great that I'll actually be praying someone somewhere takes the fucking hint and just goes on and finally gives the wii that good original FPS it deserves. Or if that's doesn't happen, I hope something like COD4 or Modern Warfare 2 uses this control scheme when it comes out on the wii.

All in all, I'd give it a 6/10.

Final Fantasy VII

Loved:

-the layered story

-superb music, better than i remembered

-great characters and dialogue

-well-scripted cutscenes

Hated:

-incohesive graphics

-the Materia system is a nightmare to manage and makes the unique characters feel generic in battle

-timing-based events, none of which were fun minus the slap fight between Tifa and Scarlet

8/10 for effort!

Assassin's Creed (XBox 360)

Loved:

- The storyline (the storyline was very good)

- The missions (I liked them but they started to become repetitive)

- The controls (Very easy to control which I loved)

- The graphics (The places were just jaw-dropping, especially Acre)

Hated:

- Repeats (It started to bore me after a while of playing)

- The long cutscenes (You couldn't skip these either)

- The ending (I did NOT like the ending whatsoever, I thought it was weak)

Overall:

I can't wait for Assassin's Creed 2, I hope they improve it but still, the first one is enjoyable.

8/10

Assassin's Creed (XBox 360)

Loved:

- The storyline (the storyline was very good)

- The missions (I liked them but they started to become repetitive)

- The controls (Very easy to control which I loved)

- The graphics (The places were just jaw-dropping, especially Acre)

Hated:

- Repeats (It started to bore me after a while of playing)

- The long cutscenes (You couldn't skip these either)

- The ending (I did NOT like the ending whatsoever, I thought it was weak)

Overall:

I can't wait for Assassin's Creed 2, I hope they improve it but still, the first one is enjoyable.

8/10

So good it deserved two posts? :p

Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Great game, I'm a big fan of these. I stopped for a while because I moved back home and I started playing COD4 online with my friends. It was only until one later-comer from university arrived home and said he was playing Star Ocean. He was catching up on me so I had to start playing again! So grateful since its did what Star Ocean: Till the Ends of Time did well and improved on the bad stuff.

Story: Slightly generic but differed from other previous instalments, I'm on the boss level slowly getting to him or whatever it is, probably be a slight twist (I'm expecting someone).

Characters/ Character Plot: The characters from Star Ocean are known for having special relationships in order to open up endings and once again you can do this by giving certain answers at certain times. Some very funny cut scenes. However, the many of the characters have a similar personality to Till the Ends of Time. one moody player, one girl who feels slightly superior, one hero boy (ofc :indeed:) etc. Its not too much of a problem but I do notice these things.

Overall a solid 8/10 - unfortunately it doesn't have a lot of replay value for me but I enjoy the gameplay and the little side missions.

Konami Wai Wai World (NES)

So hard. Can't even complete one stage. It's set up with 6 main stages where you have to rescue a character from one of Konami's other NES games and there's no set way you have to go through the stages. So, I start with the Goemon one as it's supposed to be the easiest. Yeh right. Bloody dragon always kills me >.< Tried the Castlevania stage, and kept getting killed by Dracula. Managed to get to the boss but that swiftly took care of me. Not easy but I shall persevere, eventually. Definitely don't make games like this anymore.

I forgot about this one detail about The Conduit, which is probably the worst part of it all, which is the fact that you can't look up. Which would be fine if there weren't a constant flow of flying enemies which are equiped with one of the strongest weapons in the game. This has got to be the worst thing about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Imagine a cake made up of Zelda sugar, Metroid eggs, and Metal Gear flour baked to near-perfection and drenched in Batman frosting (not the guano).

9/10

I would give it a 10 but some of the 'riddles' pissed me off to an unhealthy degree and i dont recall hearing any music in the game whatsoever

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Great story, lovely graphics (when not using detective mode), combat works well. It just lacks enemy variety (luckily it gives you "challenges" like the inability to kill certain enemies, taking all out at once and the game putting bombs on the gargoyles), especially as there are essentially only three bosses, one you fight in slightly different forms, one is long, boring and annoying and isn't really a fight and the other one is pretty awesome.

7.5/10 There is definitely plenty of room for improvement.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!