N-Europe

Beijing Olymics 2008

Charlie

Great day in the pool for the British girls, like Charlie said, Hoff seemed to have it in the bag. I'm guessing she burnt out too fast which allowed the Brits to catch up. Although watching the pundits after they reckon Hoff might had got it if her hand was more straight touching the sensor as it was more bent \_ compared to -- (if you get what I mean..) Still, awesome to see two Union flags hoisted up :)

Shame about Murray... although it did seem as if the Taiwanese bloke was playing a brilliant game. Is it ust three sets in Olympic tennis?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I don't get is how they can beat the world record by so much. Even the guys down in 6th ish were beating it. How can the improvement be so sudden? How has it not happened before hand?

This Olympics pool helps them a lot because its the first pool with 3m depth, this extra depth makes the water less unstable and gives the swimmers less attrition.

What I don't get is how they can beat the world record by so much. Even the guys down in 6th ish were beating it. How can the improvement be so sudden? How has it not happened before hand?

They were also all driving each other on, they saw one guy was ahead of them so swam faster themselves to try and catch up. Their swimming gear now is also a lot better than it was 4 years ago I believe.

Remember the cute girl that sang in the opening ceremony? She didn't say a word. The girl you actually heard wasn't pretty enough to be shown in front of millions according to the guy in charge of the music.

I caught thend of Five news as they mentioned this. I could tell in the 5 seconds they showed of her before they even mentioned it that she was miming.

Darn Ireland almost had a medal, Kayak K1 Slalom, 4th place, ah well.

Also Womens Team Gynastics final tomorrow, got the dvd recorder set up and timed.

Should be good, the mens final was pretty good, the USA threw the silver medal away on the last rotation, ouch

Emberassing defeat for the Norwgian football team today. 5-1 to Japan. Two goals were scored by our player and the other goals were way too easy. That's means second place in the bracket and facing Brazil in the quarterfinal. We're so screwed.

I think all we got so far is silver in swimming.

Watched the women's Synchronised Diving last night -predictably won by China, even though the Koreans had it in the bag.

For the second and third round the Korean pair were noticeably better than the Chinese team, but the judges scored them very low, keeping the Chinese on top. And they say the Olympics isn't political...

Oh and come ON! Anyone who watched the opening ceremony could tell the fireworks and the little girl singing were faked!

Spent the night watching the Olympics coverage over a particularly difficult level of Advance Wars. Excellent silver medal there in the cycling time trial, and special props to Phelps, as well to all his dripping, wet, firm chested, half naked, throbbing, washboarded colleagues across the world.

Spent the night watching the Olympics coverage over a particularly difficult level of Advance Wars. Excellent silver medal there in the cycling time trial, and special props to Phelps, as well to all his dripping, wet, firm chested, half naked, throbbing, washboarded colleagues across the world.

Oooh... :heart: tell me more about the throbbing...

I enjoyed the Womens team Gymnastics final, how they do the things they do is beyond me, they don't even look dizzy when they finish :heh:

I read the US coach was moaning about the Chinese win in interviews and being a "sore loser", yeah it's disapointing to lose the gold but silver is still pretty awesome... hell i would be happy to even just compete, anything else is a bonus.

Plus with the mistakes the one girl on the US team made you can't expect to get the gold. Hope she's not taking it too hard

get your perverted head out of the gutter i didn't mean it like that, haha

The men's gymnastics was quite enjoyable to watch...the Chinese guy who won (forgot the name) was pretty much a Sith lord, dominating quite a lot of it. It really must be a huge test of physical strength, and I can't understand for a second how they all pull off those moves. Intense.

I wonder how well a gymnast would do on the Track and Field High Jump after watching the Floor excersises, I know it's a "springy" floor but I'm sure even on a hard surface they could get some good height.

Also why don't the Men's Floor event get music like the womens.... one reason I like the womens gymnastics more, they get to put on a bit of a show and dance and emotion in their floor events, like Chen Fi's performance for China at the Womens Team Final, that was awesome

I wonder how well a gymnast would do on the Track and Field High Jump after watching the Floor excersises, I know it's a "springy" floor but I'm sure even on a hard surface they could get some good height.

Also why don't the Men's Floor event get music like the womens.... one reason I like the womens gymnastics more, they get to put on a bit of a show and dance and emotion in their floor events, like Chen Fi's performance for China at the Womens Team Final, that was awesome

You reckon burly male gymnasts are gonna prance around to salsa music?