Bands You Couldn't Live Without

Kirkatronics

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Radiohead are my favourite band EVER. And I've been a massive fan since the Pablo Honey days. Everything they do just blows me away and although they aren't the guitar-led band they once (briefly) were, the next band fills that gap nicely: Coldplay. Seemingly hated as much as loved, I'll always adore "A Rush of Blood to the Head". A wonderful album full of brilliant, solid songs. Nothing too special admittedly. Just remarkably simple, enjoyable songs.

And finally, I used to have a huge obsession with The Flaming Lips and The Polyphonic Spree. The flaming lips are brilliant and although they have about 11 albums, only since about 2000 have they been releasing music that I adore.

Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots is still one of my favourite songs ever. A great, great band. And The Polyphonic Spree are just GLORIOUSLY happy :)

So here's some Flaming Lips, because every band should sing about Japanese school girls fighting robots...:yay:

If I couldn't live without a band, I'd have serious mental problems.

I wouldn't go so far as "couldn't live without" but the likes of Muse, Radiohead, Rise Against, mewithoutYou and Alexisonfire make life a whole lot better :smile:

I don't think the title should be taken quite so seriously.

mewithoutYou. The only band that brightens up my life :) Brand New are runners up, mind.

So close to being perfect :)

Mine has to be:

Brand new

Lately Tellison and Dartz! have become necessities.

Lostprophets because it brings back such amazing memories for me.