NEurope
Kirkatronics

Bands You Couldn't Live Without

We all love our music, but what bands do you think you couldn't live without?

A fewhave just come to mind for me; Daft Punk, BassHunter, Justice, alice cooper, ultrabeat, blink 182, sum 41, and ahell of a lot more =]

Daft Punk

daft-punk-daft_fond1.jpg

Plus they inspired all the music I listen to today.

Daft Punk

daft-punk-daft_fond1.jpg

Plus they inspired all the music I listen to today.

QFT. This man speaketh PURE sense!

Red Hot Chili Peppers. They have a wide selection of songs to suit any mood.

A list of bands that are routine in my day:

Daft Punk

Justice

Phoenix

Danger

Simian

Simian Mobile Disco

Villains

Soulwax

Air

Mr. Oizo

DatA

Léonard de Léonard

Sébastien Tellier

Hot Chip

M83

Jamiroquai

The Pixies

Arctic Monkeys

Radiohead

Skunk Anansie

I listen to the French stuff most.

Music of the moment has to be Danger though.

http://www.myspace.com/2emedanger

Love it.

The Verve/Richard Ashcroft.

I got that vibe from your cd, pretty loud and clear.

for me, TOTO and Thin Lizzy.

I'd survive without any of them. I don't spunk one out over bands like people do today.

For me, i couldn't live without a bit of Bon Jovi, Bryan Adams or Phil Collins

I couldn't live without Bob Dylan, The Beatles or Brian Wilson

It might sound weird but I think I would really struggle to go about my day without them - well without music in general. I'd get like withdrawl symtoms or something. It's hard to imagine what life'd be like without it really.

I got that vibe from your cd, pretty loud and clear.

Hehe. What did you think to it?

Hehe. What did you think to it?

It's the kinda stuff I can listen to but wouldn't intentionally do so. That Embrace cover is unforgiveable tho. You need some TOTO in your life boy.

It's the kinda stuff I can listen to but wouldn't intentionally do so. That Embrace cover is unforgiveable tho. You need some TOTO in your life boy.

The Embrace cover is awesome.

I don't know TOTO. I'll give them a listen to sometime. Any track reccomendations?

A few years ago I would've said a band called AFI. Before they hit the mainstream, they blew me away with their albums 'Black Sails in the Sunset' and 'The Art of Drowning'. After discovering those few I rewound to their roots and loved their hardcore punk stuff too. I quickly found myself buying all their albums, joining the fanclub and getting to any show I could.

Their first big album, 'Sing the Sorrow' was pretty cool too, but it was a step away from what I came to love the band for, and I hoped the next album would be a step back in the right direction. It wasn't. Ever since they launched their album 'Decemberunderground' and started appearing on MTV (with some cringeworthy performances), I've felt like the band itself is gone to me.

These days I don't really have any epic bands I couldn't live without, I tend to be into more lyrically charged, calm music like The Postal Service, The Decemberists, Death Cab and Bright Eyes. When I need something energetic I go for bands along the lines of early Rise Against, Distillers, Brand New and Jimmy Eat World. When I want something dark, it's Apoptygma Berzerk and NIN. I'm also getting into some metal due in no small part to my more-metal-than-I girlfriend, who I took to see Iron Maiden last month. That was awesome.

Edit: I am actually in need of some reccomendations for new music... I haven't heard anything new for a while. I recently got an 8GB mp3 player (previous one was 30GB) and when I couldn't fit all my music on, I realised one thing: I have too much crap. So I want to sift through the music I never play and get some good stuff. I would really love it if anyone could give me some reccomendations based roughly on what I listed above :)

New Found Glory

Thrice

Less Than Jake

Jimmy Eat World

Rise Against

Brand New

Muse

Set Your Goals

My top artists on last fm. Love them all for different reasons and they all sound quite different

mewithoutYou. The only band that brightens up my life :) Brand New are runners up, mind.

The Kills, Placebo and PJ Harvey.

How come you have such good music taste?! :bowdown:

----

For me, it'd be Björk, Tori Amos, Portishead, Antony + The Johnsons, CocoRosie, Goldfrapp, Radiohead, Tricky

I get lost in their music, you have to draw your own conclusions in each song, which I value. Music that lays it all out for you always gets somewhat of a thumbs-down from me, compared to any of these artists.

Seeing Björk live was probably the best night of my life. It was too good.

Most current/new bands I find very dull. I generally dislike the new thing of singing-not-singing in a think accent. I'm bored of it now.

Foo Fighters, they just make such great positive energy rock.

Queens of the Stone Age - I have to listen to Little Sister and Turning on the Screw every day

Lately Coldplay with Viva La Vida, Arcade Fire and Metallica are on my list again but they'll probably come and go. That's really music I have to be in the mood for.