N-Europe

Drinking to get Drunk

navarre

What's rosé wine made from? I've always wondered.

As Dan mentioned (most) white wine is made from red grapes (viognier is actually a white grape as I remember) and before the fermentation process is started, the skins are removed. In rose, the skins are put back in very late in the casking stages to give a little flourish.

You may also see rose wines called "blush". This is produced by actually blending a red wine into a white wine. Works very well with some particualr Pinot Grigios but often can just end up being very ordinary. So yeah, blushes are a totally different process.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only drink with friends, and this occasionally means drinking to get drunk. I don't really see a problem with it to be honest.

I have a personal belief that everyone who posts on the internet like this:

"Lol urg uys urm y im noT drunk but. IMG what is up with that gaysg think on teh news i waar. SHUT UP"

is just bullshitting, exaggerating and trying to impress everyone. And it's really, really stupid.

Just wanted to say that.

I totally agree with this - the following were all posted when I was hammered:

Man, me and my friend just got kicked out of a club for trying to set the menus on fire and use them to light the candles that had gone out. The bouncers there have no concept of fire; they are perpetuators of the second law of thermodynamics or somesuch. Either way, I am no longer at said club.
It's the son of the devil!

Mother of gods, it's the devil cow!

Something about after idiots, but too drunk to work it out...

Extremely doubtful - even if fertilised that would result in a miscarriage of some sort. Unpaired chromosomes and the resulting problems are not good.

CLANNAD is so damn good, I have bought the original game and if I were a female fish, I would lay out my eggs for fertilisation by the awesomeness that is it. If I were male I would fertilise any eggs with it, and then protect them endlessly, because that's just what fish do. Nagisa is a cool character, she makes me convert from mammaldom. Okazaki and Akio (Nagisa's dad) are also awesome. Man, I pray that the times of waiting for mail from Japan be short... I'm EMAing the joy that is it.

Edit: This post is a testament to the fact that people can post drunk without making typos or biological mistakes.

I can type fine...

haha great posts 'Grunch.

my typing is only slightly impeded in accuracy by booze. I slow to a crawl and type bullshit but i'm not too bad on the rare occasions I've come back on here intoxicated.

I've got a distinguished way of typing.

What I do is, I see myself "base" keys. So, if I was looking for the letter S, I could find it, and then I realise in my head that A is left of it, W is above it and D is right of it. So, S becomes my centre. The same with all keys, I find that one, and I can pinpoint in my mind where all the other keys are related to it.

When I've been drinking or not concentrating enough, when I look for those keys, I lose my centre of orientation. So, if I'm looking for S, I had hit D, and A now becomes where the S is.

So, typing Fierce now becomes gorfce or something daft like that. I've seen many worse typers when drunk, I'm usually pretty ok I think.

So what's above N? H or J?

You should really learn to touchtype properly flink :p after all these years!

That said, despite my earlier whinge about moron-drunk-typings - yours are certainly always the most entertaining.

I can't touch type for shit. I'm better than I think I am though, if I try typing without looking. It's not touch typing but I know my keyboard well. Hands turn to mush on anyone else's though.

*nods* I can't touchtype for shit.

I work in a call centre... I'm never off a PC so I suppose you could say I'm at my typing peak.. Maybe. I don't think learning how to touchtype would make any difference.

I take more calls and process them faster than any of my colleagues. pr0 :awesome:

So what's above N? H or J?

You should really learn to touchtype properly flink :p after all these years!

That said, despite my earlier whinge about moron-drunk-typings - yours are certainly always the most entertaining.

For some reason, my fingers landed on the H key. So, H is the Weeenaaaar!

Wait, I'm going to put that request in my STFU drawer. Wait...now it's in there. And gone forever. :)

They're always usually about love, or family, or friendship...I think I'm too sentimental, haha.

And, I agree with DareDan: My hands turn to seaweed when I use them on somebody else's keyboard. It does naaat woork.

I've got a distinguished way of typing.

What I do is, I see myself "base" keys. So, if I was looking for the letter S, I could find it, and then I realise in my head that A is left of it, W is above it and D is right of it. So, S becomes my centre. The same with all keys, I find that one, and I can pinpoint in my mind where all the other keys are related to it.

When I've been drinking or not concentrating enough, when I look for those keys, I lose my centre of orientation. So, if I'm looking for S, I had hit D, and A now becomes where the S is.

So, typing Fierce now becomes gorfce or something daft like that. I've seen many worse typers when drunk, I'm usually pretty ok I think.

This shit should be studied at universities.

Drinking doesn't affect how well I type, it affects how much I talk shit though, and maybe how much I'm willing to argue.

I've typed pretty drunk, without being able to see the screen or the keyboard, while someone dictated what to type, and errors were very few (if you're wondering how you can type without seeing the keyboard, I was sat on the floor, keyboard on the desk, my arms stretched up)

Guest Jordan
Drinking doesn't affect how well I type, it affects how much I talk shit though, and maybe how much I'm willing to argue.

I've typed pretty drunk, without being able to see the screen or the keyboard, while someone dictated what to type, and errors were very few

Last time i was with you when you were drunk all you did is talk about the Dreamcast for about 5 hours.

Does anybody find somebody calling you drunk somewhat disturbing?

Maybe it's just me, but I always put the phone down again..0.o because to me it's annoying not funny.

Hate it. I hang up, or just leave the phone open somewhere so they keep talking to nobody.

Maybe it's just me, but I always put the phone down again..0.o because to me it's annoying not funny.

One of my friends used to fancy me and used to call me up every friday drunk. (she only did it for a few weeks) I actually found it funny.

"I want to go to Somerfield to buy a carrot to pleasure myself with. Do you want to come Sam?"

"OK"

"Put your shoes on then."

"Ok I have done."

"No you haven't, now put your shoes on."

and...

"I love you Sam, I'm going to be with you one day, even if you're married to [insert name of other female friend]."

I've typed pretty drunk, without being able to see the screen or the keyboard, while someone dictated what to type, and errors were very few (if you're wondering how you can type without seeing the keyboard, I was sat on the floor, keyboard on the desk, my arms stretched up)

I think you were a bit drunk in that pub near the hostel, when we all ran off because our room was empty - when we came back to find you, and you just sort of stared dreamily at us and went 'Im so glad you guys came back!!'

Other than that You're very normal*...

*lol

I find it funny when drunk people phone the wrong house.

I think you were a bit drunk in that pub near the hostel, when we all ran off because our room was empty - when we came back to find you, and you just sort of stared dreamily at us and went 'Im so glad you guys came back!!'

Other than that You're very normal*...

*lol

>_>

I didn't even drink that much, I guess I can be creepy enough without *sigh*

I was happy to see everyone come back though ^^;;