N-Europe

Halo 3 Kid. In 10 years time..

Dyson

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read about this on kotaku :( tragic. is it definitely the same kid? Really disgusting that a loaded gun was left in the house. The kid obviously knew about magazines from gaming but didn't realise there could be a bullet chambered, from what I understand. No doubt the parents will try desperately to blame Halo 3 for this rather than themselves for letting their child get access to a gun. I mean, kids in the UK are probably playing Halo games in the playground right now, none of them will die from it.

It is a tragedy but to be honest the games do have a small part to play. If he hadn't been trying to replicate stuff he'd seen in games he wouldn't have done this. Although obviously the main part to blame is the parents for leaving a loaded gun somewhere he could easily get to and for letting him stay off school when he was obviously feeling fine.

Someone on Kotaku said there might be some foul play here as the gun in question is actually really big and to point it at your own head and shoot would actually be very difficult. Maybe he had a friend round and shot him by accident and then ran off?

Guest Stefkov

Hang on shot in the head?

As much as I feel sorry for him and his family, I really do, what's he pointing a gun at his head for and firing it?

The story is saying .22 caliber rifle but all the pictures I've seen of a 22 caliber don't have magazines. Unless it's one of those automated machine guns type looking ones, if that why have they got one of them in the house in the reach of an 11 year old? The parents are as much to blame than anything else.

It's stories like this that make me question why America does not even consider banning firearms. Ok, the kid was a complete smacktard, but every kid surely enjoys pretending to use guns - if a kid got its hands on the real deal I'm sure they'd use it to play with. The parents are fools for leaving this around, but at the same time a country that allows their use is to blame too.

It's stories like this that make me question why America does not even consider banning firearms. Ok, the kid was a complete smacktard, but every kid surely enjoys pretending to use guns - if a kid got its hands on the real deal I'm sure they'd use it to play with. The parents are fools for leaving this around, but at the same time a country that allows their use is to blame too.

The right to bear arms combined with the freedom of expression basically. *sigh*

well, i dont see the need to ban guns, but people need to be responsible. in an ideal society, the gun would be kept safly. amunition would be stored seperatly and children would be taught not to play with guns.

then again, in an ideal society we would have no need for guns.

its a shame that kid died, watched one of his videos and, as differnt as he was, he was actualy pretty tallented at making the guns.

It is a tragedy but to be honest the games do have a small part to play. If he hadn't been trying to replicate stuff he'd seen in games he wouldn't have done this. Although obviously the main part to blame is the parents for leaving a loaded gun somewhere he could easily get to and for letting him stay off school when he was obviously feeling fine.

Someone on Kotaku said there might be some foul play here as the gun in question is actually really big and to point it at your own head and shoot would actually be very difficult. Maybe he had a friend round and shot him by accident and then ran off?

Well, technically, its not the games fault that it was purchased for an 11 year old. If the parents hadn't bought the game for him, he wouldn't have seen the stuff in the game and wouldn't be able to replicate it.