N-Europe

Biggest Let Down Ever!

Kirkatronics

Perfect Dark (64 version - was good but I think I was WAY too over hyped for it)

How did you manage to get so hyped that PD64 was a let down? You must have been having heart attacks and waking up screaming and drenched in sweat from violently sexual dreams about Elvis.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you manage to get so hyped that PD64 was a let down? You must have been having heart attacks and waking up screaming and drenched in sweat from violently sexual dreams about Elvis.

You don't understand....I was young, lots of spare time, spent practically every minute looking at my copy of NOM (lol) with the huge PD preview over and over and over again. I even pre ordered the damn game and got my older sister to buy it for me whilst I was at school. I was THAT hyped for it.

I admit, I got so hyped for the game that it would be nothing but a let down. :smile:

42 all time classics (or whatever). Sold it cause I thought it was pretty crap.

Also not a big fan of Kingdom Hearts for the GBA.

(and I'm a tiny bit let down by Brawl, but that's cause I lack multiplayer)

All the Guild Wars expansions. The PvP scene was great until they messed up the balance and mechanics with the new games, letting it slowly die until it got to the stage that it was no longer fun.

Also Halo 3, Black and White 2 and that GC Starfox game come to mind.

Super Mario Sunshine, since I expected it to be less linear, and more varied in terms of ambience. I thought it was fun, until I noticed how linear and repetitive it became.

Twilight Princess, since it was...pretty bland, and it seemed to lack effort (despite the ginormous amount of time in development).

Baten Kaitos, not as good as I thought it could be. Bad voices, bad story and ridiculous names quickly became tiring, and annoying.

Starfox Adventures, because it has ZERO side-quests. Are side-quests too much to ask for in an adventure game?

What game has been he biggest let down to you?

For me it is 50 Cent Bullet Proof... The people at school were saying how amazing it is, then when i got i i felt like making them eat it.

The hype out did the game =[

You're kidding right? Please tell me you're kidding. If I believed in God and he told me "Hey, Don, 50 Cent Bullet Proof is fucking awesome", I wouldn't believe him.

I dunno, I'm pretty down to earth I usually know what to expect so I usually don't get very disapointed, although I expected more from Odin SPhere. But I'm gonna steer clear of this thread.

Fruit striped chewing gum (family guy reference!)

mmm biggest let down? my local sushi place.. said they had my order 1.5 hours later i rang up.. they forgot... newbs..

TP was my biggest letdown! Hyrule again! no explaination about how the twilight world exists why who or what... terrible and i am usually a fanboy!

Bioshock. Escape from Monkey Island. Killzone. Metroid Prime 3

Bioshock? Erm... What?

And everyone who said Perfect Dark Zero get ready to be beheaded. Caris mames anyone who shames it.

Assassins Creed for me. The shittest, most annoying game. EVER.

twlight princess

wrost zelda game ive ever played :(

Forza 2 - prob the most boring game ive ever played this gen anyway

assassins creed - one of the wrost games ive ever played full stop.

also the fact that cadburys wispa came back :D but only for a short time :(

Wind Waker was great! And so was Twilight Princess! =3

But then again I even liked Phantom Hourglass (though it's not one of my favourites). =P

Wario Ware for the Wii was a disappointment for me as well though. Barely played it.