Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Heroes Season 3 *Beware of Spoilers*

Dante

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why didn't Peter just stop time when Claire and that lot were trying to bring him in? He coulda stopped it, fought speed-girl, defeated her and then proceeded to knock the other 2 unconcious (binding Claire for obvious reasons, i doubt it'd take her long to come to.

Was well chuffed to see Sylar as a good-guy! :yay: I always had him down as an anti-hero, only killing because of instinct rather than evil intent. Good to see i was right :) I look forward to seeing more of him now

Also, i think Claire's power was made. I think that is what Sylar meant when he said that she isn't like the others. She was created by the company.

Why didn't Peter just stop time when Claire and that lot were trying to bring him in? He coulda stopped it, fought speed-girl, defeated her and then proceeded to knock the other 2 unconcious (binding Claire for obvious reasons, i doubt it'd take her long to come to.

Was well chuffed to see Sylar as a good-guy! :yay: I always had him down as an anti-hero, only killing because of instinct rather than evil intent. Good to see i was right :) I look forward to seeing more of him now

Also, i think Claire's power was made. I think that is what Sylar meant when he said that she isn't like the others. She was created by the company.

I agree with the time-stoppage. I've felt for a while now that the heroes creators must genuinely regret introducing such powers so soon. They've yet to really ever explain any narrowing factors to the abilities. Surely you could rectify a shit-load of problems with no sweat if you could pause, rewind, fast-forward time and space. It's just silly. There are so many paradoxical issues that the power raises. Could hiro teleport into the middle of the sun? Could he teleport to the other side of the galaxy? It's going to be impossible to ever find an episode of heroes where you won't think "well... if he just went back in time/stopped time, they could've avoided this or that or the other..."

With clare's power; I think it's definitely extremely interesting to contemplate who has a natural power and who has a 'fake' one. The fact that many of the heroes have parents who were in that ol' picture of that weird group suggests possible inter-testing... but! Surely Clare, with her power-enabled pair of parents, suggests she's not man-made?

It's interesting that the show is attempting to get into deeper topics; religion, genetic engineering, spirit guides, individual perceptions of good and evil... Heroes is developing into something that can be a lot more viscous in terms of thought-provoking content. Unfortunately I think they dug themselves a serious hole or two with the powers they dealt out, and the choice they took with not really defining any of them for so long. There are, and will be, too many opportunities to nit-pick so many moments across the seasons. I mean even on an aesthetical level there are points such as Parkman forgetting his old wife/child-to-be; Flying-boy West dissapearing from everything; sylar suddenly being a relative (yet I'm sure there was a point or two in teh first season where Mrs Petrelli was all "omg he's evil, kill him)... even the whole "save the cheerleader, save teh world" aspect is debatable.

The show is ever so willing to quickly dismiss the previous facts that it set up in earlier seasons, and I just hope they don't corrupt themselves with them. I hope they continue to balance the storylines decently enough as to not make fools of themselves.

Episode 4 was epic!

I agree with a lot of you guys about the time stopping thing/going back in time to save everything. I was watching it and was like damn Peter just freeze time. And was thinking the same with the Hiro situations go back/freeze time! Dammit

Also agree with more random super hero battles!

Episode 4 was epic!

I agree with a lot of you guys about the time stopping thing/going back in time to save everything. I was watching it and was like damn Peter just freeze time. And was thinking the same with the Hiro situations go back/freeze time! Dammit

Also agree with more random super hero battles!

Well, Hiro has an excuse for not pausing/freezing, as the haitian was there. Peter was just being his usual dipshit-self and not making the most of his powers.

Well, Hiro has an excuse for not pausing/freezing, as the haitian was there. Peter was just being his usual dipshit-self and not making the most of his powers.

in other instances he could use his power but doesn't, ie like going back and telling himself not to open the safe etc etc etc

OMG just seen episode 2 the ending...uber plot twist... confused as to what power future peter used to put past peter in that body and am I right in thinking claires power has changed? She now no longer feels power?

tempted to stay up for episode 3 but god im knackered...

in other instances he could use his power but doesn't, ie like going back and telling himself not to open the safe etc etc etc

Hiro doesn't like going back in time to change things. He only time travels for viewing purposes these days for fear of creating another Adam incident or something similar. He'll pause time, but traveling back to change the past's effect on the present is a BIG no, no.

Peter however is thick as shit, and probably will make umpteen time travel fuck-ups over the course of this series.. Going forward in time, taking Sylar's power and then killing Nathan because of "The Hunger". Great! I wonder how much damage him + Sylar will cause now? Or are they going to learn to control the power together?

Sylars wife/spouse/one time thingy could be claire, why else would he be so attached to naming his kiddo noah? and you know, i figured peter was gonna get his face scar there and then from claire when she was all cutty.

Re: nathan, i reckon some how, linderman is sharing a mind with nathan, matts dad wouldn't have piror knowledge of lindermans efforts would he? since he left the company.

And peters mum letting that woman die was just so harsh =/ whhhhy!

Sylars wife/spouse/one time thingy could be claire, why else would he be so attached to naming his kiddo noah? and you know, i figured peter was gonna get his face scar there and then from claire when she was all cutty.

Re: nathan, i reckon some how, linderman is sharing a mind with nathan, matts dad wouldn't have piror knowledge of lindermans efforts would he? since he left the company.

Nah, Claire won't be the mother. He'd call his kid Noah because Noah was his partner / perhaps Noah died saving him in some way. Won't be anything to do with Claire.

yeah. he can examine their brains to see what's different about them (like the inside of a watch, oui?) then alter his own brain to copy them.

of course, this completely contradicts Mohinder's formula idea...

But what did he do with all the brains in the first season? If you remember, they were always missing, and the police asked Hiro the same in episode 2.

Of course I'm not expecting an answer, as Heroes is nowadays a heaving bed of contradictions and inconsistencies. It's still cool though.

You seem to be forgetting Claire is adopted and her Dad is Nathan, who is Sylars brother, making Claire Sylars niece, so I highly doubt they will go down such a route.

I reckon he named his son after Noah as maybe some kind of mark of respect... possible after them teaming up that one time as partners in teh company they start to develop a freindship.

Or seeing as Noah was not round in the "future", the boy could be named in memory of Noah... though again would require some form of friendship having been developed...unless it's like a "he was a worthy enemy" type thing.

But what did he do with all the brains in the first season? If you remember, they were always missing, and the police asked Hiro the same in episode 2.

Of course I'm not expecting an answer, as Heroes is nowadays a heaving bed of contradictions and inconsistencies. It's still cool though.

Agreed, in the 1st season when they show you the future Sylar manages to kill claire and get here power yet now he can't... The future Hiro also says that Sylar originally killed Claire at the school and thats why when he stabbed him he didn't die. They contradict themselves all the time...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!