NEurope
Dante

Heroes Season 3 *Beware of Spoilers*

Season three will begin with the third volume, "Villains", on September 15, 2008 with a three-hour premiere. The first-hour will be a clip show of the past two seasons, with the final two-hours being the Heroes season premiere.

"Villains" was originally supposed to be part of the second season, however the writer's strike caused the volume to be carried over to season three. The lead-in to the third volume, "Villains", features Sylar. Throughout Volume Two, his powers are suppressed by the Shanti virus.

After using a cure procured by Mohinder Suresh, he regains his abilities, delivering the first line of the volume: "I'm back." Tim Kring has claimed that the new volume will bring a cadre of villains to the show, hence the name.

On December 5, 2007 at the Jules Verne Film Festival Adventure, Tim Kring showed a video-preview of Volume three.

On May 9, 2008 an early season three promo clip was released with hints at possible "inner villains" within the heroes. The promo stated, "In every hero there could be a villain" before plastering the words "hero" and "villain" over the face of every major character. Nathan and Niki, whose fates were unclear at the end of Season two, are featured in the promo.

1) Episode 3x01 and 3x02 - Run back to back on the first night.

2) Expect huge surprises and a new series regular

3) We will learn more about Angela and Kaito and their group

4) Show will play with time and space and "where people are on the planet"

5) Villians will be a key and not necessarily people we have met before, but it will be clear who they are

6) Expect a lot of Sylar

7) Expect Angela Patrelli to make some "grey area" decisions

8) Parkman will be "flashing someplace" and it will be one of the surprises

9) Major storyline will be the origins of the powers and the "genetic essence of the power"

10) When asked about Future Hiro returning, Arkush confirmed that there are "multiples" of the same people

11) Confirms that the chaos theory is one of things the season is about and references the Butterfly Effect from saving the World.

Same here, really can't wait for this season to begin. Got me excited when I seen a clip alst year.

I'm watching the run of Season 2 on the BBC, but I think I'll watch this season online...

What i'll be doing, or download it. Screw waiting for it over here. I gave up waiting for an episode each week when it was on here, watched it and Season 2 had already started :heh:

Waiting's been a bitch.

Other Season 3 info we have so far:

Season 3 Teaser:

Teaser assumptions:

SYLAR, and lots of him. It's hard to describe exactly what we were shown--most of it must have been a dream sequence or future-jump scenario because everyone was dead. The bodies of the main cast were littered around what looked like a trashed Company prison. I can only remember Claire (dressed as a cheerleader) and Matt's bodies clearly, but it was pretty grotesque (yay! Not a lot of that this season).

Apparently there will be the equivalent of "Seven Twelve Sylars running around." It sounds like seven twelve killers with abilities, locked up by The Company, have escaped. The only one prominently featured was a lithe black man who seemed to have preternatural speed--and used that to rip a cop's heart out of his chest (or did something with it that killed the guy because he was very much dead afterwards). If I remember correctly all the other killers were just shadows in the asylum's hallway. IMO it looks like Sylar may be the one to break these people out, since he is seen killing at least three people for their abilities... but perhaps he does so unintentionally, who knows. The "Seven Twelve Sylars" line is directly from the trailer and I don't think he'd invite that kind of competition. He probably breaks into the Company building wanting revenge and discovers they have a bunch of special people locked up... hey, buffet!

It appears Sylar is caught by the Company again (he was tied down with a tube going into his nose). He's seen verbally toying with Elle while he's laying on a table as well as when he's upright and dressed normally, though the context was all over the place so who knows which comes first. They have a confrontation. The way it was edited implied--to me, at least--that he kills her, but that could have been within the context of the dream sequence/time-jump. Probably so.

The BEST part was a a shot of Angela Petrelli in the asylum... and then hands coming up around her shoulders. The person behind her steps forward, and it's Sylar. Some of the other peeps in my party were taking that as confirmation that she's Teh Ev0l, but I figure that could just as well be her last minutes alive. There was an awful lot of her in the trailer too, actually, but she didn't look pleased by what was going on.

Tim Kring Info:

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/841/841573p1.html

IGN TV: Is it correct that a couple more episodes were shot beyond what we've seen?

Kring: No. We did a little bit of shooting on episode 12 and 13; specifically things like Zach Quinto's stuff, because he was going off to shoot Star Trek, so we made sure to shoot enough of his stuff to carry on, because he had a scheduling issue. And then we shot some storylines that we knew weren't connected, that were up ahead in episodes 12 and 13. But we pretty much are going to start from scratch when we come back. So we don't have episodes in the can. We have some material in the can, but by no means is it a full episode.

IGN TV: How different was the new ending for Volume 2 from what was originally shot?

Kring: Well, it was designed so that we could take advantage of a longer break than we hoped, and it turned out to have been really the right call. I think we ended up re-shooting about eight pages, maybe – six or eight pages, something like that. So it was about five minutes of that final episode that were altered. It allowed us to jump ahead. Originally Season 2 was going to be comprised of three volumes. Volume 2 was "Generations", Volume 3 was called "Exodus", Volume 4 was called "Villains." We now have dropped "Exodus" and jumped right to "Villains." And by rewriting this ending, it allowed us to do that.

IGN TV: What can you say about the fates of Nathan and Niki?

Kring: Well, my answer to that is it doesn't look good! [Laughs] It looks pretty dire. But as we've seen on Heroes, death is one of those things that's very, shall we say, fluid. So I would not completely count them out.

IGN TV: Some fans are wondering if Claire's blood is too much of a miracle cure. I'm assuming that's something you've thought about as well?

Kring: Yes. There's only so many times you can go to certain wells or it gets tempting to take the easy route. There's a few other tricks up our sleeve in that respect. The fans should just know that Volume 3, "Villains", when we hit the ground running is going to be pretty high velocity. While that doesn't mean action so much, it means tension and all that kind of stuff. It's going to be the cranked up version of our show.

[At this point, Kristen Bell walked up to say goodbye to Kring before she left]

IGN TV: And more of this young lady, I hope?

Kring: And hopefully Kristen will be with us forever! But right now we've got her for a few more episodes.

Reported New Characters:

Sophie

Possibly the latest bride of Takezo Kensei [but not confirmed],

The 10 Brides of Takezo Kensei [well worth a watch]

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/video/video_display.shtml#mea=200529

- The ending... either Adam already has a new wife out there in the world who he is certain will someday come to his rescue,

or he's saying the woman that will one day find him is destined to be his next bride.

http://www.heroestheseries.com/jessica-collins-joins-heroes-as-the-mysterious-sophie/

The latest cast addition to Heroes Season 2 comes via the Hollywood Reporter, who reports that actress Jessica Collins has joined the growing cast of Heroes. She will play Sophie, described as “a mysterious woman with powers who works at the organization that is tracking all heroes.”

sophia.jpg

http://heroeswiki.com/Sophie

Sophie tracks evolved humans.

Fan Theories: Sophie is Adam Monroe's newest bride. Since she is supposed to have experience tracking evolved humans, that could explain the confidence Adam expresses in The Ten Brides of Takezo Kensei that she will find him.

Joy

Has the power of Super Speed,

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/871/871550p1.html

US, May 5, 2008 - Heroes: Season 3 begins filming this month, so expect a steady stream of news to begin coming in for the show, which had a very truncated second season thanks to the writers' strike. The first bit of casting news has arrived, with TV Guide's Michael Ausiello reporting that Brea Grant will have a new role on the series.

Grant made an impression as Landry's adorable MST3K-loving geek girlfriend on Friday Night Lights last season.

On Heroes, Grant's character Joy will have a dependable comic book superpower that hasn't been tapped yet on the series – super speed.

The First Four Episode Titles:

http://spoilertv-heroes.blogspot.com/2008/04/season-3-episodes-1-4-titles-confirmed.html

We have just been provided with the titles to the first four episodes of Season 3 of Heroes.

Episode 3x01: "The Butterfly Effect"Sept. 15, 2008

Written By: Tim Kring

Directed By: Allan Arkush

Episode 3x02: "Dreamtime"Sept. 2008

Written By: Tim Kring

Directed By: Greg Beeman

Episode 3x03: "One of Us, One of Them"Sept. 2008

Written By: Joe Pokaski

Directed By: Sergio Mimica-Gezzan

Episode 3x04: "The Year of Our Lord"Fall 2008

Written By: Aron Coleite

Directed By: Adam Kane

The season premiere being titled The Butterfly Effect is quite interesting because it references the concept of changing the past and future via time traveling.

sweet.

mmm Heroes. so trashy, but so watchable.

Couldn't have said it better. :D But I still think it's way too soon for this thread to be floating around... :indeed:

More Ned Ryerson, more Sarah Marshall and more Young Spock. Here's hoping it's better than the disaster that was Volume Two.

I missed it on Thursday on BBC2 because my sister 'needed' to record some shitty Hills program, which pissed me off to no end.

To be honest though The Hills is at least as good as the second series of Heroes, and you can always watch it on one of those generic illegal streaming websites that nobody must talk about.

Future Peter? Or he gets the scar soon?

Damn I can't wait for this.

JustJared.com confirms with set photos that Future Peter (with the scar) and Future Claire (with dark brown hair) will return in an early episode of Season Three.

JustJared.com confirms with set photos that Future Peter (with the scar) and Future Claire (with dark brown hair) will return in an early episode of Season Three.

But how?

If the bomb never blew up New York, then those future versions should no longer exist? Damn more time paradoxes to confuse my tiny brain:shakehead

Plus how does Peter have a scar if he can HEAL :indeed:

Still... very much looking forward to more Heroes :yay: :yay: :yay:

Plus how does Peter have a scar if he can HEAL :indeed:

I guess someone CAN hurt him. Probably one (or a combination of) Sylar's tricks.

If the bomb never blew up New York, then those future versions should no longer exist? Damn more time paradoxes to confuse my tiny brain:shakehead

You can't change the future. Hiro already found this out when he went to save that girl in series one, i'm thinking that the timeline will try and correct itself.

You can't change the future. Hiro already found this out when he went to save that girl in series one, i'm thinking that the timeline will try and correct itself.

Yes, but Hiro went backwards from the present. He also went to the future and saw New York Post Bomb, but they managed to change that.

True this could have created 2 timelines, ala Zelda: OOT, but still how do "Bomb Future" People come to the past of a timeline when the bomb didn't blow up the city? If going to a point in their past "post bomb" it should be from their timeline, if they went back further to a point "pre-bomb" before the split in the timeline then it would be ok.

right...i'm over thinking way too much :heh::shakehead

I would of thought it would be 2 timelines now, since the present time lines future, couldn't be the bomb going off since they prevented it so it wouldn't be that future, so it sort if 'shifted' the time line somewhere else, making it an alternate Universe.

Wasn't it reported at some point that there would be 'clones' or dark versions or something of the characters, to tie in with the whole villians theme?

bangnn6.jpg

Would be interesting and give the show a lot of action and suspense. If there's dark versions of the heroes, then is there a good Sylar :heh:

It does go with the teaser that mentioned heroes can become villains.

ah yes, highly interesting, perhaps a new villian with the power to somehow create clones? Like Multipleman from X-Men only able to copy other people aswell as him/herself?