Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

So... would you queue up on a work night for a game?

Esequiel

Midnight isn't really that late really, I regularly stay up to 1 or 2 in the morning even when I have uni in the morning. In actual facts I quite often stay out until 3 or 4 drinking when I'm working or at uni in the morning.

If you don't normally stay up that late and it were a console rather than game I would say queue up, but I wouldn't queue up for a game.

I would queue for a console, back when you lot were toddlers i turned up at the Game in Victoria Center in nottingham with about 2 months Mcdonalds wages and bought a Cube with literally everything..... ahhh Monkey ball what a game :)

I want wii fit though..... Hmmmm see what time i get tired....

I'd get my mum to do it... :heh:

Just kidding but she Did queue up at Midnight to by my DS for me without me knowing as it was a suprise gift from her. :)

But there really is no need for where i live as the GAME always seems to have plenty of the game instore on the day it's out.

Though i'm not sure how busy your GAME is or how well the game will sell.

Guest Stefkov

I got up at 6 ish then got to GAME for 7 ish for the Wii. This was at Manchester Fort. Then went home threw the bag on my bed, then went to college.

Arrived right on time, like a minute before lesson.

Wouldn't do it now with online pre-orders.

The last thing I queued up outside a shop for was a Tamagotchi, and I must have been about 7. If I really wanted something though, I wouldn't really find midnight a problem - hell, I've stayed up until 6am on a uni night before now. If worst came to worst, I wouldn't go to bed at all... I do that fairly often.

I know doing it is exciting and all and its nice to be in a crowd of people who are looking forward to it too but honeslty, its not going to make much difference if I get a game a week later than everyone else. It make very little difference to me.

(plus I sold my wii, the only games that appealed to me were Zelda and Trauma centre(which ended up being crap!))

I wish i had sold mine when they were going for £200 to CEX, ahh well.

---------

As for waiting at midnight for Wii-Fit (Would that be the Game at Mansfield?) i say go for it. Although there is that other Game at East Midlands Designer Outlet (mcarthur glenn), i find that has things in stock when other shops have sold out. It might be worth heading out to that one at opening time.

I wish i had sold mine when they were going for £200 to CEX, ahh well.

---------

As for waiting at midnight for Wii-Fit (Would that be the Game at Mansfield?) i say go for it. Although there is that other Game at East Midlands Designer Outlet (mcarthur glenn), i find that has things in stock when other shops have sold out. It might be worth heading out to that as it opens.

I told you!! I told you all!!

When I posted the link to the ebay auction, you all laughed!!

bwuhahahaha *cough*

But really, I made a huge profit.

Guest bluey

urgh think of the staff people :heh: when i worked at gs, we'd all just sit in the shop with the shutters down, eating pizza and thinking "goddddd we have to pretend to be awake..." then we'd let all the super-awake hyper geeks in and for some reason at that time of night nobody seems to fully understand the concept of queuing so i was always in charge of organizing people >__>

yay for raffle tickets, that's what i say.

but noooo i wouldnt queue up at midnight for a console or game... i'd much rather be in bed!! (not that i'm usually asleep by then... but there's a lot to be said for being snuggley & warm vs. out in the cold waiting for software)

Well i queued up :) It wasnt much of a queue only 10 or so people there, it was Asda in mansfield. They had around 30 games, i grabbed one and was home for 12:15pm.....

Then i messed about and played on it till 2am.... Im tired now lol