Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Quotes of N-E

Fierce_LiNk

It seems like a one Mr. Shino has been dazzling us with his words of wisdom.

My personal favourite, taken from Hellfire's sig: "Factor5 is very much like Rick Astley, they will never let you down."

What other quotes from Shino, or anyone from EN-EE have tickled your fancy?

It seems like a one Mr. Shino has been dazzling us with his words of wisdom.

My personal favourite, taken from Hellfire's sig: "Factor5 is very much like Rick Astley, they will never let you down."

What other quotes from Shino, or anyone from EN-EE have tickled your fancy?

- Fierce_LiNk

Most things killthenet and Murray say are really funny. A lot of people here make me laugh or at least smile every day.

Here we go.

But it will be like a happy dream, like the big pool of LCL in the sky. Everyone will be connected like one huge being, sharing D-pad taunts.
Sakurai EARNED my mother.
Factor5 is very much like Rick Astley, they will never let you down.
I'm not saying she can't grow a cock, I'm saying she has no reason to.

/Users/joaopinheiro/Desktop/Photo 13.jpg

me...:) am i hot?

i am, right? :p

Best oxymoronic (sp?) pair of sentences I've seen in a long time...

How is that oxymoronic? A theorem is a logically derived statement, whereas a theory is merely some form of conjecture.

Of course, that doesn't mean what he's saying makes sense - I wouldn't class maths as a science, and he can't spell at all, but I suppose this is THE_ganondorf we're talking about...

One of my personal favorites:

well i just realised gimp has a update to gimp 2.4 and anyway can some one please make me an avatar and a sig with kirby(nintendo character)

and saying my ds-kirbi

ps.i don't care about the size

i tryed to make one using gimp but i am so rubbish this is my best work so far and the funny thing is it is rubbish :cry:

C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\My Pictures

Edit:the stupid link won't work arghhhhhhhhhhh

How is that oxymoronic? A theorem is a logically derived statement, whereas a theory is merely some form of conjecture.

Of course, that doesn't mean what he's saying makes sense - I wouldn't class maths as a science, and he can't spell at all, but I suppose this is THE_ganondorf we're talking about...

In context, I had said that science is all theoretical (albeit with heavy doses of evidence), and I found it humourous as he replies with both something mathematical (which, McPhee, isn't a science) and with a subject that has a word derived from theory in it...

Two things (and I risk side tracking the thread here): maths isn't a science as it features proofs, and a theory is a statement derived from evidence and logic, whilst a form so conjecture is, in science, a hypothesis.

My personal favourites (obviously, since they're in my sig...)

I don't know why they even bother giving out release dates for this territory. Sometimes they may as well just hand out bar napkins with "Dear Europe: Fuck You" scrawled on them in Reggie's excrement.
The fact that I completed Ikaruga without a continue somehow made me regain my virginity.
[John Cleese] Hello! [/John Cleese] :smile:

maths isn't a science as it features proofs

The demand for mathematical proof does not seriously distinguish mathematics from other sciences. It is merely that the standards which a mathematical result must meet are more stringent than those of, say, physics. But other sciences also set up their own thresholds for acceptance: no more than a certain amount of error, statistical significance to a certain degree of confidence, sufficiently varied observations, predictions, etc. The standards of math are merely quantitatively different (in that they appear to be stronger and with higher thresholds), not qualitatively different.

Proofs don't mean that Maths is not a Science, they back up it's claim to being "the Queen and Servant to Science" (Quote of Carl Friedrich Gauss)

Sorry to keep dragging this off topic :p I just don't know when to drop an argument...

Guest bluey
In the middle of a conversation or just sitting down watching telly, I keep suddenly becoming aware that i have arms...

made me laugh for 3 whole minutes (timed by my toaster) *nods*