Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still undecided on The Conduit so I'm happy enough that its seen a slight delay- gives me a bit more time to think it over and weigh up my cash options. Like others, I'm hoping to get Another Code: R anyway. :heh:
Same here.

I started out being quite interested in The Conduit, but for some reason I'm really not all that enticed by it any more. ::shrug:

If anyone listened to the IGN Nintendo Chat today they would have heard Matt played through the single player campaign and said he was very pleased with it, and that it felt so much like GoldenEye and Perfect Dark (in a good way). Apparently, he's playing the online multiplayer tomorrow, with a review being up shortly.

I know I lot of people dislike Matt, but I'll be curious to see what he'll give it. I'm guessing an 8.5.

Same here.

I started out being quite interested in The Conduit, but for some reason I'm really not all that enticed by it any more. ::shrug:

Yep, I know what you mean. I'm still curious but I'm really unsure on the need to get it right on day one anymore. I like the way HVS have tried to sell themselves to us gamers in the know but I wanna see some reviews and opinions on the final game before committing.

If anyone listened to the IGN Nintendo Chat today they would have heard Matt played through the single player campaign and said he was very pleased with it, and that it felt so much like GoldenEye and Perfect Dark (in a good way). Apparently, he's playing the online multiplayer tomorrow, with a review being up shortly.

I know I lot of people dislike Matt, but I'll be curious to see what he'll give it. I'm guessing an 8.5.

Cool, ca you remember any of the specifics of what they said on the NVC? I respect Matt + IGNs opinion as I usually understand where they are coming from, so I'll be checking out their review for sure. :hehe:

I'm still undecided on The Conduit so I'm happy enough that its seen a slight delay- gives me a bit more time to think it over and weigh up my cash options. Like others, I'm hoping to get Another Code: R anyway. :heh:

Same.

Im hoping more people think like this TBH. I don't mean about The Conduit but about Another Code. Hopefully more people will pick this awesome looking game up now that The Conduit has been put back a few weeks, I really want AC:R to do well.

I'll get Another Code eventually, but I'm adding it to Kororinpa 2 and Little Kings Story in my 'to get' list. I've promised myself to be strict on game buying and I have so many to play through.

Bit gutted about the conduit; I'm sure online will be amazing fun. Not that bothered though; gives me more time for other games I suppose!!

As for IGN, banker mid 80's. They said they prefer Tiger Woods (90) but both are great.

Same here.

Same here! Your probably bored of waiting for it, i know i am! Long delays mean people hype up a game even more and i have a feeling this is gonna be a huge letdown anyway! We'll see!

Another Code R for me though, loved the DS game! :D

Same here.

definetly far too much hype that's probably why...

I mean fans have been hyping as much as a new mario and metroid game... it's insane.

There isn't really much to dislike about it as far as the shooting and handling is concerned, it's just the fact that other than controls it doesn't stand out. I still need to rebuy a Wii though so I can get this and Trilogy (investment for future as well if Other M turns out well)

I don't think I would buy Galaxy, partly because I didn't take to the first, but also because I think it shows a breakdown in Nintendo's legacy, I think it's hypocritical of them to release another one when they say they are always innovating. Galaxy hasn't even been out long.

I don't think I would buy Galaxy, partly because I didn't take to the first, but also because I think it shows a breakdown in Nintendo's legacy, I think it's hypocritical of them to release another one when they say they are always innovating. Galaxy hasn't even been out long.

Think of it like a full price expansion to the original that will probably be worth the full price because the content is different and numerous enough.

Edited by Emasher

So what they're just expected to spend money developing a beautiful game engine and then just use it for one game?

Anyways, they've done it before with OOT and MM.

Well no great engine but it really only looks like an expansion, they should always make the mario games a vastly different experience. The drill item isn't that, neither is anything from the trailer. Yeah the engine is great but they should use it for the next idea they bring along:

Mario 64 (first 3D game) - Mario Sunshine (FLUDD & ruined paradise) - Mario Galaxy (space & planets) then it just looks like an add-on with a few gimmicks. Obviously Galaxy got a huge reception in reviews but Mario games shouldn't just be quick remakes. Do a virtual reality thing or something with it/warping environments.

For someone who has a bunch of sequels in his GAMES PLAYED thing, and the games you're looking forward to are sequels...why do you feel Nintendo are letting everyone down by doing a sequel (to the greatest game ever!)? Bizarre double standards!

But anyways...the conduit! Looking forward to the americans/candians on here's viewpoint!

I thought someone would pick up on that and yeah you are kind of right, but it's not Nintendo is it? It feels like in order to satisfy the hardcore they feel that Mario saves them, so they are making another one because they know it sells and they know that it'll hush big game sites in questioning their direction.

Reading back through that it does smell a bit like bullshit because I doubt the companyreally cares about the big game sites but you know, it just seems a bit desperate.

Long term development is what makes new 3D mario games special, and even if I wasn't the greatest fan of galaxy it was definetly special, with this it just seems the same again, same environment feel too, with small planets etc.

I don't know. I *sort of* see where you're coming from, but ultimately we all wanted a sequel to Mario 64, we didn't get it...most people want a sequel to this and we've got it. i don't see the down-side; people say Nintendo don't listen to their fans enough, now that they have others say they've changed and selling out... Personally, Galaxy is my favourite gam of all time; and I'm delighted about having more to play in what is an incredible world...I really don't see any negative thing about it!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!