Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. What a complete load of crock. 8/10? Even without having played the game, Mr. T has lost any integrity he had as a reviewer for the Wii.

Lack of destructible environments? Where's he been living? In a box on Mars? Save for the Red Factions, no console FPS I can think of has destructible environments.

The AI is unimpressive, but does somehow force you to abandon the run-and-gun tactics of olde.

ASE is underused. Right. Especially for "Capture the ASE." Yeeeeeep, this reviewer spent a whole lot of time with the game.

Not exactly an "in-depth review" either, so screw Nintendo Power Magazine altogether :)

Edited by Noku

There's a reason I didn't bother re-subscribing to them again this year other than the fact that everything in the magazine is online anyway, or there's some sort of equivalent on some site. Even their exclusives were scanned and put online before I used to get the magazine.

I don't dislike it, but I do agree that maybe it could have been more obvious towards showing it's an FPS.

That being said; I think that if I didn't know anything about The Conduit, I'd pick it up and give it a look to see what it was.... so.. I guess it works..?

I agree, DuDe (haha), the box could have done with more to show what type of game it is. I look at it, and I see "Stargate" "Olympics Game (I dunno why but I see that somehow)" and "Adventure." I don't see first person shooter. It's not a bad boxart, but it's not the best.

In the end, the box won't bother me, but I hope it doesn't leave the un-informed feeling a bit confused as to what it actually is. But, then again, that's what the back of the box is for, too. Screenies, info, etc.

No not at all!

Personally I'm not all that interested in anything I've seen from it, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't love it to sell and perform incredibly well.

That's why I care about the boxart, and IMO that particular boxart is aweful!

For those who haven't been following it on the internet, I can't see one thing on it that explains the game, or would particularly draw your attention.

That Nintendo Power review looks real to me.

Would someone be sad enough to make a fake review?

Anyways, whatever the reviews I am still getting this game.

Dakota will fall on Day 1! My sniper rifle will see to that.

I'll make sure this Mario will be very lost and when he is, he'll feel the wrath of my shotgun.

WII-SPEAK:

Fused King: Hey Lostmario I'm behind you.

Lostmario: Huh, what? *turns around*

Fused King: THIS IS SPARTAAAAAA!!!! *KABOOMOMMMBAAF*

Lostmario: Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.[/

:bouncy::laughing:

I've never liked the font 'The Conduit' is written in :hmm: ..and combining that with the box, it doesn't look very nice at all :heh:

I wish I could get more excited for the game, but I just can't :sad: ..I'm still likely to pick it up some time if I hear some good reviews, but I won't be rushing through the door at GAME when they open up on the morning of release :eek:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!