N-Europe

Universities and shizzle.

Twozzok

But you didn't fail you passed, barely. Besides if you did fail you just wouldn't put it on your C.V and make up something you did for the 3 years like teaching in a village in Africa for example.

N.B: Lying on a C.V is wrong and you should never do it :indeed:

Don't take my words too literally :p

Pendulum, Zane Lowe and Chappers and Dave on freshers week this year! Zane and Pendulum were great last time! Score!

We shall probably have some third-bit slut from Hollyoaks who left five years ago and has yet to do anything with herself.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking seriously now about chemistry, toxicology and pharmacology. Manchester seems a good choice for me, and was thinking also of Imperial, however I'm not doing Maths A-Level so it's futile appyling I suppose.

Whilst Maths A Level is important, it's not necessarily a prerequisite for chemistry. One of my friends on my course (at Oxford) didn't do A Level maths but she's doing fine (just finished second year). First year requires a little more work under the circumstances, but it's fairly doable. In any case, Organic and Inorganic chemistry require very little maths as it is, physical chemistry will be the only problematic one. And there are very few people who don't struggle at one of the disciplines!

Whilst Maths A Level is important, it's not necessarily a prerequisite for chemistry. One of my friends on my course (at Oxford) didn't do A Level maths but she's doing fine (just finished second year). First year requires a little more work under the circumstances, but it's fairly doable. In any case, Organic and Inorganic chemistry require very little maths as it is, physical chemistry will be the only problematic one. And there are very few people who don't struggle at one of the disciplines!

*grumble grumble* inorganic *grumble grumble*

I have no idea when my finance will be coming through. I asked them to get my dad to confirm everything online and they sent him a form instead -_-. So I then swiped it and filled it in and sent it off. They phoned him to confirm something and he said "I never filled in, my wife must have done it" so they sent him it again and he took his time. They then asked for proof my mum has left. So he's asked them how exactly you prove that. But of course he's old and doing all this through the post. And the one year I'm going to need my loan >_>

But in other news, I may do another undergrad...I'm pretty sure I want to work within animation and I'd rather do a postgrad or just a (decent) course on animation but postgrads expect an art degree and I can't find a course at present. A near(ish)by art college does a two year undergrad, but then im another £12,000 in debt -_-

And does anyone know if you go back to uni again do they charge you more or give you less loan or something like that?

whens about do you start?

22nd? Apprently we don't get accomdation info back til they get out results. Well I got in for definate a week ago, so if I don't hear anything back next week I'll be ringing/emailing etc to ask why. I don't particularly want to wait until the end of august.

So fingers crossed ^_^

Once that's sent I can stop worrying because then everything is sorted. Well except books and stuff of course.

Here is a general tip I got off a teacher I once had. Once you get your results if you get better than what you expected (or needed for firm choice) you can hold the spot at your choice and still enter clearing. Once in clearing new, better, opportunities may open up now your results have exceeded your predicted grades. I have a friend who was meant to go to Sheffield but ended up going to Manchester b'cos of this and he says that once outside of UCAS everything become a lot easier. If it all doesn't work you would still have your held fim choice to fall back on.

Here is a general tip I got off a teacher I once had. Once you get your results if you get better than what you expected (or needed for firm choice) you can hold the spot at your choice and still enter clearing. Once in clearing new, better, opportunities may open up now your results have exceeded your predicted grades. I have a friend who was meant to go to Sheffield but ended up going to Manchester b'cos of this and he says that once outside of UCAS everything become a lot easier. If it all doesn't work you would still have your held fim choice to fall back on.

That's abit odd, surely if it's your firm choice you want to go there in the first place and would have picked manchester rather than sheffield originally? Rather than pick sheffield then go for manchester..

gah.

That's abit odd, surely if it's your firm choice you want to go there in the first place and would have picked manchester rather than sheffield originally? Rather than pick sheffield then go for manchester..

gah.

Manchester outright refused him orginaly. The better than expected grades allowed him to get in though.

Manchester outright refused him orginaly. The better than expected grades allowed him to get in though.

Hmm, manchester denied me going on their games programming but let me on computing, which was also computer science.

It was also the same class as somebody i originally went to college with, although it's the same when I go to sheffield I don't mind the person as much.

Plus the course and tutors seemed abit dull..and I'd have to live at home :blank: