N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh really? I wasn't sure, i forgot what my g/f told me. She saw her on Loose Women yesterday so it must've been married that she said to me. That's cool, i hope they're happy together :)

Must be hard, i mean they both have sex scenes with other people on the show. Last season for sure, Dexter had loads of scenes with that crazy hot brittish psycho. Its one thing to be an actor and accept your partner is going to have to do love scenes, but being on the same set when they do it is a bit wrong!

Being Human - Final Episode

A decent end to a simple but entertaining series, though they left a lot open for a second series :/ as much as thats 'nice' I think I'd have preferred it to be just a one off series, anyway.

8/10

That was an excellent episode of skin bar music selection, the most clichéd piano pieces, and the lingering shot of his mum at the end that lingered about an hour too long. Some subtlety would have been appreciated.

E.R

A god episode, if a bit strange. Tense at the end though. Obvious Alex'll live (I think), but I would quite like Sam to turn all dark and angry for the rest of the season if he does die.

Brothers & Sisters

Good episode, nice focus on Sarah and Rebecca, and I love the secret meeting at the end, of Operation: Kill Holly Harper.

That was an excellent episode of skin bar music selection, the most clichéd piano pieces, and the lingering shot of his mum at the end that lingered about an hour too long. Some subtlety would have been appreciated.

Yeah but they did redeem themselves with Bon Iver at the very end. Skins music is usually superb, especially last week.

Generally a pretty good episode in any case.

8 / 10

Being Human - Final Episode

A decent end to a simple but entertaining series, though they left a lot open for a second series :/ as much as thats 'nice' I think I'd have preferred it to be just a one off series, anyway.

8/10

I LOVE Being Human. I can't wait for the second series, beats Eastenders any day of the week.

8.5/10 for the whole series

That bit when JJ gave that chubby kid a lollipop was brilliant. :laughing: :laughing:

JJ's just legend! Defo one of my favourite characters. And Naomi (Lily Loveless I think her name is) is just HOT!

Is it me or does anyone else think Cook is a dickhead? He was funny at the beginning but now he's just an arsewipe tbh.

Anyways, apart from Naomi's, one of the best episodes so far.

8/10

I hate JJ. I just cannot stand him.... actually I don't especially like any of them...

Except for Effy.

Yeah but they did redeem themselves with Bon Iver at the very end. Skins music is usually superb, especially last week.

Generally a pretty good episode in any case.

8 / 10

Yeah, I just meant the piano music mainly.

I watched Skins yesterday.

It was ok. :) The emotion felt too forced though! I just wasn't feeling it. Some funny moments, well they weren't but I was laughing my head off while he was buying aeroplanes for some reason. :D

I'll probably tune in next week as it was quite fun! I like the characters

Battlestar Galactica Season 2 episodes 1-13

Why is this so fracking good?

I jizz everytime I see it. So good. No low points (and from what I hear, there aren't in Season 3-4 either), just pure awesome storytelling/development.

I love that it's more about politics and ethics than fighting/blasting etc. Where things like Star Wars falls flat on it's face. (Or at least, SW deals with those two boringly and badly)

Great! /10

Dollhouse; progressively better, but still got a way to go before my head blown off my face.

Sarah Connor; I haven't actually finished the episode yet. Halfway through - glad we got another Cameron episode, but kinda sick of the supporting cast and their whining.

Life is a great time-filler of a show. It's got a story to tell and it's taking its sweet time about it -- which is fine by me.

Dollhouse; progressively better, but still got a way to go before my head blown off my face.

Apparently Fox stopped trying to make Whedon do what they want and gave him the reigns more from episode six (which makes sense, I've heard the cast and crew often talk about episodes six-thirteen) so two more weeks. Which, if true, is going to be an awesome week as its BSG finale too :D

I was feeling quite...upset(?) when I thought Echo may remember all the stuff she experienced and how traumatising it would have been but it got wiped so...ah well. Still, slowly getting there.

And because it seems most related; the Whedonesque post for the next episode trailer has a nice exchange:

"I'm sick of shows making fun of deadly religious cults."

"What are we supposed to do, praise them?"

"Praise them? You're American. You elect them."

Heroes S3 up to EP18

Think i've caught up with America, so yay! Been pretty good i have to admit. I still find it weird how 'episodes' end mid-season, but i guess it all got messed up with the writers strike way back. The current episode that just started a few shows back is looking good. Like the whole concept of the government getting involved and a secret informant. Be interesting to see how it pans out. There have been some filler stroylines though which are a bit sucky, but ah well.

BSG Season 2 Epis 14-17

I actually clapped at the bar hostage episode. First that Katherine Mayfair from Desperate Housewives survived the Cylon attack on Caprica, second that it was a situation that could have been handled clichedly, but wasn't. I clapped so hard when I realised what they were going to do with the Sharon Trade deal thing.

I like that they just killed every commander of Battlestar Pegasus until Lee got to command it.

I really want to know what Ellen Tigh's deal is.

ALSO I HATE HATE HATE HATE the opening credits. They spoil the whole episode, so I have to skip through them. Why on earth would they put bits from the episode I'm about to watch in it?

Love/10

agreed on the intro thing. I always cover my eyes!

NEW BREAKING BAD TODAY! Woot :P

P.S. I've decided, based on nothing at all, to be That Cool Guy That Watches Stuff First and watch Eastbound and Down - it's an HBO comedy about a washed-out baseball pitcher, now a PE teacher, living with his brother's family. Will report back.

Heroes S3 up to EP18

Think i've caught up with America, so yay! Been pretty good i have to admit. I still find it weird how 'episodes' end mid-season, but i guess it all got messed up with the writers strike way back. The current episode that just started a few shows back is looking good. Like the whole concept of the government getting involved and a secret informant. Be interesting to see how it pans out. There have been some filler stroylines though which are a bit sucky, but ah well.

I just caught the last episode on iPlayer, where Sylar finds Microwave Boy, last time you posted here was ep9, did they explain any of this in the episodes you since watched?

I mean I caught this episode, Hiro and Ando were in Japan, Claire is staying at fossil Petrelli's. Pinehearst has apparently burnt to the ground, taking Sylar with it [proven to be bullshit, as he goes on another parent hunt], Mohinder has gotten rid of the weird scab appearance, Peter seems to have gotten back his Rogue Thief power after his Dad stole it, but it only seemed to be touch as opposed to him just being around the other mutant.

Or did I miss the last few episodes of the previous series which explained this? :(

They really should think about the title. None of them are heroes.

ALSO I HATE HATE HATE HATE the opening credits. They spoil the whole episode, so I have to skip through them. Why on earth would they put bits from the episode I'm about to watch in it?

Love/10

I'm part of the Hate crew also. "The Drums!!!!" is what the wife and I shout at each other. As you probably know, a single press of the skip button takes you to the end of the intro on the dvds.

Its no more, in fact its less (due to the more fast-paced nature of it), than you get from either a press release or trailer for the episode. Its a teaser and when done correctly puts you up in the air because you misinterpret what you see and then it pulls the rug under.