Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

OC>>>>>OTH.

I'm sorry but I can't see it being any other way, seen a few episodes of OTH and it bored me a little. My group of girls at home also watched some of that gilmore girls when a few of us were there. Truly appalling! Apart from having Peter from Heroes and Seth from OC it was shocking.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One Tree Hill is great. :D

Very underated, I've got the first two seasons on DVD and love them. :grin: I haven't got round to watching/buying the rest yet though. :)

I'm actually in a mood to watch them now.

Also I watched:

The Simpsons: Mypods and Broomsticks

It was quite good. Plot was as predictable as an apple pie but there was some funny stuff thrown in. Again it felt rushed and the onslaught of bad Mac/Apple/Steve Job jokes at the begining was odd.

3 Bears out of 7. :D

Morel Orel A overinterpretation of the bible by a youth. This particular episode was about removing all pleasure from his life to show devotion to God. In doing so he found that devotion to god gave him pleasure(wet dreams), so he became a masochist.

Need I say more?

8/10, The show is hilarious but only 15 minutes long :(

OC>>>>>OTH.

I'm sorry but I can't see it being any other way, seen a few episodes of OTH and it bored me a little. My group of girls at home also watched some of that gilmore girls when a few of us were there. Truly appalling! Apart from having Peter from Heroes and Seth from OC it was shocking.

Define a few episodes. I thought the same but if you give it a real chance then you may well change your mind.

Britney: For The Record

It was actually rather sad tbh. Like most the press have said, it doesn't reveal as much as it says it will, but the moments between the obviously set up moments are when you get to see glimpes of how her life really is, and how she really has been feeling. She genuinely seems like a completely sweet, if not slightly unnaware women who is obviously not completely healthy. When she went shopping, and she without awareness insulted Katie Holmes/Where she was using hairspray then suddenly went "Oh my god, is this actually hairspray?" it was hilarious. Plus the "Isn't it wierd how can my dad be totally sweet at one point, then a complete asshole the next?".

Tbh, they could of summed up the whole thing in the space of 10 minutes. Basically, where she cries and just says "...I'm..I'm sad" her expression said it all. The paparazzi moments were actually pretty frightening too, much more in your face than you expect. But still, it was awesome to see clips of the new video/the rather epic dancing she's doing for it.

Agreed. I enjoyed it. I've always hated the paparazzi for what they've done to her, and other celebrities of course, but she is target no.1 and has been for many years. They shouldn't have the right to take it to such extremes, a line has to be drawn somewhere.

When she said she was sad it was pretty touching. But i agree, not much was revealed and it was all based over the last few months so not really in the heat of her toughest times. Still, shes a nice girl and maybe some people got that from the show.

Scrubs season 6

My favourite season by far is still season 3. Don't like what happens to one of the characters, but still bloody good!

9/10

Shit, you're running outta seasons ;) My fave is 5, I think, but I ought to do what you did and watch them in quick succession to work out which is best.

OC<<<Everything.

(granted its one of those things that annoys me so much I can't bare to tolerate it).

The first season of the OC was awesome but the rest was shit. I liked OTH because the premise was something a little different (two borthers sharing one great gift who hate each other) where as the OC was just a Beverly Hills clone. Poor guy moves in with rich kids. Friday Night Lights owns them both however.

@ Haggis - yeh that episode where they were in comas was immense. Remember watching that when it aired and thinking WTF. Miss The OC. It was good until they killed off Marissa. Season 4 was only just bearable because of how strange Taylor was. It really should have had a better ending than it had as well. That pissed me off. Although the bit where Ryan comes off of the building site and goes to help the kids was a nice touch.

Gossip Girl - The one with someone dying in it (last episode of 2008)

At the start of the episode I thought "OMFG SOMEONE DIES THIS WILL BE AWESOME". At the end of the episode I thought "What a funking anti-climax". First of all, they kill someone that I couldn't give a toss about and second of all we only find out they died in the last 30 seconds with no details either.

Other than that, it was another solid episode from probably the best teen drama since the O.C finished.

Theres an episode next week....

And the death I believe is meant to be more about the impact on others.

(and the episode was called 'It's A Wonderful Lie' FYI ;))

There is? I have been given terrible information then. Actually, I'm not sure why I'm complaining, that's awesome news. :D

Hmm, still, the adverts for it hyped the death up so much when in actual fact the death was the smallest part of the entire episode.

Im almost tempted to give Gossip Girl a try. Almost.

In other news,

Survivor

Largely dismal, poor acting, stupid script, all of that. The last episode's story with the family in the farmhouse was particularly poor. Still, I find elements interesting enough to keep watch. The core cast are almost amusing enough and I do like the premise, even if the scientistsy bit is lame.

4 / 10

Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe

I didn't watch the last episode due to coursework deadline but the first two episodes were top notch, hilarious stuff.

I love Charlie Brooker.

9 / 10

Meanwhile im still rattling through BSG Season 1 whihc continues to be awesome.

You know you want too. It may not be the most intelligent/sophisticated bit of tv out there, but it's 40 minutes of damn good fun nonetheless. It's rather ironic that the "overtly sexual" adverts (That had there not been a big uproar about them I would never have seen) that parents wanted banned (Thee characters are only 17) actually made me give the show a try.

gossip_girl_promos_jpg.jpeg

Do it. Now.

It seems to have been afflicted by second season syndrome like every other teen drama.

I completely disagree tbh. I'm liking it more so than the first half of season 1 at the moment, apart from the latest episode. Plus, viewers seem to agree considering the figures are up on season one, and have been all the way through (Compared to say, the O.C which never reached the height of season one).

You know you want too. It may not be the most intelligent/sophisticated bit of tv out there, but it's 40 minutes of damn good fun nonetheless. It's rather ironic that the "overtly sexual" adverts (That had there not been a big uproar about them I would never have seen) that parents wanted banned (Thee characters are only 17) actually made me give the show a try.

Do it. Now.

Yeeaah I guess I'll give it a try. Acquiring now. The master plan is write my English essay, then watch, then go to bed and lie in tomorrow morning. Sweet.

Battlestar Galactica Season Two

Ended up watching it in a week. Im sure I was supposed to be doing uni work instead...anyway:

Kara and Lee should blatantly have sex. Although with the new premise its more likely as come on; two people who are in relationships but hate each other are more likely to have sex than two uncommited people who just like each other.

I'm glad Roslin survived. I really like her. Shocked Billy kicked the bucket though. Although I suppose he didn't have much purpose but he was nice. Gais as president, what a knob eh? Although in the closing scene where he gives up the planet Six and Sharron look odd...can't place it though.

Downloaded was as good as everyone says. Although a dead premature baby must have been one of the most disturbing props ever.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!