Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Think my ps3 has officially died. Been trying to turn it on for the last half hour but it doesn't start, yellow light flashes, beeps, then red light :( Knew this days was coming but still hurts that it's here and I am not too keen on buying another as I have just spent a ton building a new pc that wont boot cos of incompatible ram that I have to send back. Bad day.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Think my ps3 has officially died. Been trying to turn it on for the last half hour but it doesn't start, yellow light flashes, beeps, then red light :( Knew this days was coming but still hurts that it's here and I am not too keen on buying another as I have just spent a ton building a new pc that wont boot cos of incompatible ram that I have to send back. Bad day.

Thats sad. Good luck :( Not very good reliability going by this thread.

For the real worst case scenario you should have whacked in GT5, too.

Worth it though. I think we have had another gig and half since Spec 2 now.

Automatic update saves me plenty of time.

Thats sad. Good luck :( Not very good reliability going by this thread.

Worth it though. I think we have had another gig and half since Spec 2 now.

Automatic update saves me plenty of time.

Nah it revived itself again. And computer not booting was my fault so it's all good.

Is it an original model PS3? If so I wouldn't count on that revival lasting; my 60GB came back to life several times before finally biting the dust.

yeah same here it was a few months of weird niggles and then it went. I did the hair dryer trick and lasted 3 days before being done for good.

Incidentally I've started watching broken PS3's on ebay to see how much they go for may sell mine...

PS2 Classics finally coming to PSN today, here is the selection available from later today:

PS2 Classics

A Train 6 (?7.99/€9.99)

Arcade Classics Vol. 1 (?3.99/€4.99)

Bust-A-Bloc (?3.99/€4.99)

Cel Damage Overdrive (?3.99/€4.99)

Chicken Little (?7.99/€9.99)

Disney Princess Enchanted Journey (?7.99/€9.99)

God Hand (?7.99/€9.99)

Golden Age of Racing (?3.99/€4.99)

Gungrave Overdose (?3.99/€4.99)

International Super Karts (?2.99/€3.59)

Kim Possible: What's the Switch? (?7.99/€9.99)

Maximo (?7.99/€9.99)

Maximo vs Army of Zin (?7.99/€9.99)

Meet the Robinsons (?7.99/€9.99)

Mr. Golf (?5.49/€6.99)

MX World Tour (?3.99/€4.99)

Neo Contra (?7.99/€9.99)

Noble Racing (?3.99/€4.99)

Road Trip Adventure (?3.99/€4.99)

Seek & Destroy (?3.99/€4.99)

Skyscraper (?1.99/€2.49)

SSX On Tour (?7.99/€9.99)

Swords of Destiny (?7.99/€9.99)

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe (?7.99/€9.99)

Walt Disney's Donald Duck Quack Attack (?7.99/€9.99)

WWI: Aces of the Sky (?3.99/€4.99)

WW2: Battle Over The Pacific (?3.99/€4.99)

Indeed if they are now going to be making more PS2 games available on PSN then wouldn't it make sense to make more import games available like for instance Tales of The Abyss that you could then - eventually - transfer to your Vita... seems like a good idea given the popularity of the 3DS re-release. :)

Looks like Guild Wars 2 is coming to consoles. Systems are not mentioned but PS3 is likely given the hardware and prior Ncsoft deal.

Think I will just use my ps3 pad on my pc thanks but it pretty much confirms the game can be played with a pad which is very pleasing. Could even use the ps3 text pad or w/e it's called for typing purposes. Wait a min, where is your linky for proof and further reading?

Is it an original model PS3? If so I wouldn't count on that revival lasting; my 60GB came back to life several times before finally biting the dust.

Yeah I suspect it's on it's last legs but it's been like this for a year now and weirdly, the more that I use the machine, the better it performs. If I leave it off for a month for example, then this problem returns.

PS2 Classics finally coming to PSN today, here is the selection available from later today:

Sorry for double post but that's a really crappy selection apart from maximo and This is what choze is on about.

Sorry for double post but that's a really crappy selection apart from maximo and This is what choze is on about.

I'd say SSX on tour is pretty good too....from what I remember, considering picking it up, all the talk of the new SSX has me hankering for a snowboarding game but not splash out for full price game. Also isn't God Hand meant to be awesome?!

I'd say SSX on tour is pretty good too....from what I remember, considering picking it up, all the talk of the new SSX has me hankering for a snowboarding game but not splash out for full price game. Also isn't God Hand meant to be awesome?!

Looks like I can't read :P but for me ssx tricky was the best. God hand is really niche but supposed to be awesome for those that it appeals to. Never got a chance to play it so maybe now is a good time i guess.

Looks like I can't read :P but for me ssx tricky was the best. God hand is really niche but supposed to be awesome for those that it appeals to. Never got a chance to play it so maybe now is a good time i guess.

Yah no denying Tricky is the most fondly remembered SSX. Read some reviews of Godhand looks like its maybe good in a bad way and divided reviewers at the time.

Just gone to play a little SSDHD and had a quick look on the leaderboards, I'm 818 out of 150000 in the world for survival mode! :grin:

It's gone down from when I played it loads but still made up with that.

The guy in first is a few minutes ahead of the others, they must be stupidly good at that mode!

Seeing as I don't have my PS3 hooked up to the net properly yet... does anyone know whether the God of War Collection 1 is still available for download, or was it just up for a limited time on the PSN store?

It's proving difficult to find it in stock anywhere online.

It is still there it was cheaper for a limited time.

On Tour was very good. It had Run to the Hills as title screen music. 'Nuff said.

Yes it did! I downloaded it last night, still awesome and lot of fun. I'd say it possibly has the best overall soundtrack of a SSX game. I love the bizzare hand drawn black backgrounds and stuff.