N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

God of War Collection arrived yesterday (My first import. Treasure the moment.) after barely 3 days of waiting. I've completed GoW I on PS2, but never got round to finishing GoW II. Now's my chance!

I'm reminded of how great these games actually are up to this day, and how weak the imitations really are. It's a great package, and a testament that great gameplay is timeless. Well, atleast not after a period of 5 years. But what strikes me the most is just how much a simple upgrade to HD can do. Makes me think again it's a shame Wi wasn't HD to begin with.

Anyways, I still find it odd that this isn't released as a standalone game in Europe (well, at the time of writing it announed anyway)). I see little point in only releasing Collection in an rather large and expensive Collector's Edition of GoW III. The beatuy of Collection is that it's rekindles the hype for part III. Released alongside III, it's more of a... nice destraction. Let's face it: when you get Collection and III at the same time, which are you most likely to play most?

A missed opportunity IMO, but thank Sony for region-free consoles!

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy Platinums?

Yeah. At least without the Challenge Of The Gods and Challenge Of The Titants trophies. They can be quite a pain. I didn't have trouble with them because I already did them a lot with the PS2 versions.

It's a shame there aren't trophies for beating the game on God Mode, Titan Mode respectively.

Easy Platinums?

Yeah. At least without the Challenge Of The Gods and Challenge Of The Titants trophies. They can be quite a pain. I didn't have trouble with them because I already did them a lot with the PS2 versions.

It's a shame there aren't trophies for beating the game on God Mode, Titan Mode respectively.

Most are story related, and as dr4hkon said, there is only one trophy for completing the game on any difficulty. Challenge of the Gods is a bit tricky, which is basically a series of rooms where specific tasks are set, like kill all enemies without being hit etc..

Also, there is a glitched trophy in GoW2, which basically means I have to defeat certain bosses again. Possibly with a new save file.

But generally a couple of easy Platinums.

Also, there is a glitched trophy in GoW2, which basically means I have to defeat certain bosses again. Possibly with a new save file.

I've read that the "Boss Batch 3" (I think it was 3) trophy is glitched, but I didn't notice because I defeated those bosses in one session ;)

I've ordererd Darksiders. Hope it arrives on Monday so I have something to play until Mass Effect 2 destroys my social life.

I've read that the "Boss Batch 3" (I think it was 3) trophy is glitched, but I didn't notice because I defeated those bosses in one session ;)

Yeah thats the one. I saved between the boss fights, which is apparently what causes the trophy to glitch.

I'm not too bothered, it was a pleasure to play through the first time so I don't mind doing it again.

I'm having so much fun on Uncharted 2, it really does live up to the hype, doesn't it? On the roof of a train at the moment, chapter 12/13 maybe. Hope it doesn't end soon - will the first game still be enjoyable after playing this one? Assassins Creed 2 is in the post, god I love my playstation.

I'm having so much fun on Uncharted 2, it really does live up to the hype, doesn't it? On the roof of a train at the moment, chapter 12/13 maybe. Hope it doesn't end soon - will the first game still be enjoyable after playing this one? Assassins Creed 2 is in the post, god I love my playstation.

the first one is still a great game, though its not as good as 2. id say give it a little while before playing so the visual step down isnt as big.

Just played through Saw: The Video Game. I thought it would be mediocre, but actually found myself enjoying it. I've done this a few times now, if I expect a game to be shit, I usually find I like it, and vice versa.

Easy Platinum as well if thats your bag.

Can't decide what game to get next. I'm leaning towards wither Uncharted 2, Dragon Age: Origins or Darksiders. I'm curretly favouring DA: Origins due to it's longevity, but i've not entirely made up my mind.

Id easily recommend Uncharted 2, best game of last year and imo best game on the PS3

Can't decide what game to get next. I'm leaning towards wither Uncharted 2, Dragon Age: Origins or Darksiders. I'm curretly favouring DA: Origins due to it's longevity, but i've not entirely made up my mind.

Uncharted 2 has multiplayer remember.

ive not played darksiders yet, but out of the outher two, uncharted is EASILY the better game.

the longevity of dragon age shouldent sway you, after all, 16 hours of AAA gameplay beats 50 hours of decent but ocashionaly dull gameing any day.

I'm making a point of getting platinums only on games that are fairly challenging or really enjoyable. Not sure on the point of getting a rubbish platinum, because people are going to search through which ones you have and laugh at how desperate you were.

At the moment am I right in thinking that the top two trophy whores on the forum are Aimless, then 'Hat?

To be fair, Terminator Salvation really isn't that bad. It's definitely much more enjoyable than the film...not that that's hard. But yeah, I won't be arsed to Platinum a game unless it's fun or Assassin's Creed II. And it doesn't have stupid online trophies.

Having said that, I did get T:S to Platinum it.

Yeah, I should mention I did not buy T:S. T'was a rental, like most the games I play (That's actually the reason I play so many games). Not really sure what makes me buy a game instead of rent it...Immediacy of play partly comes into it, I'm not going to wait for LoveFilm to send me God of War III or anything like that. :heh: