NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Just finished Limbo :sad:

Not often a game can be thought-provoking in the way it manages to do.

Limbo – my most outstanding game experience since Wind Waker.

I see the deal on Need for Speed Most Wanted. The only thing is it looks like you need to buy the online pass seperate. In that case it'd be better to just buy the Physical Copy from ShopTo (On sale for £26.86).

I see the deal on Need for Speed Most Wanted. The only thing is it looks like you need to buy the online pass seperate. In that case it'd be better to just buy the Physical Copy from ShopTo (On sale for £26.86).

I doubt the online pass would be bought seperately - the online pass is more for people who buy the game 2nd hand - your buying it new.

Good price on shop-to for disc version though.

Need for Speed is the perfect on hard drive game. No need to get up and swap discs just fire it up for a few minutes and thrash about for a few mins.

Yep online passes dont apply to digital games or you get whatever bonus that is included(see Catwoman in Batman Arkham city).

Regarding limbo I cant seem to download this through the store as i downloaded the trial ages ago. DO i really have to search though my download list for it? :weep:

Need for Speed is the perfect on hard drive game. No need to get up and swap discs just fire it up for a few minutes and thrash about for a few mins.

This. Would have preferred a Vita version sale though. :awesome:

LBPK is up and is also a good deal.

But yeah if you need to save cash by selling later or don't have two systems to share on go physical.

January PS+

2nd January – Bioshock 2

2nd January – Guardians of Middle Earth

2nd January – Mortal Kombat

16th January – Jet Set Radio (PS Vita)

23rd January – Pinball Arcade (PS Vita)

JSR. Hells yea.

Today's Christmas deal is Journey + Unfinished Swan for £10. (Or £9 if you have PS+). So so so tempted but my bank balance is diminishing so much thanks to Sony and Christmas presents. Are the games worth it?

Gonna get this one, fantastic deal, especially as I've been wanting to get both games for a while! Thankyou Sony Christmas Sale!! :D

I've really wanted to give BioShock 2 another go. Also, I bought JSR yesterday...FFFFUUUUUUUUU!!! Oh well, no biggie. The rest of January's games, fuck yes.

Plus is Sony's killer app as far as I'm concerned.

I caved in and bought the deal. Blaming the web store. Which one should I play first? Unfinished Swan or Journey?

I already have Journey. If I buy the pack, will I get another copy to give away? Probably not, I assume.

I caved in and bought the deal. Blaming the web store. Which one should I play first? Unfinished Swan or Journey?

Journey got way more critical acclaim, so either start with that or save the best for last. :p

Journey got way more critical acclaim, so either start with that or save the best for last. :p

lol.

People shouldn't be dismissive of Unfinished Swan...it's a really good game. Even has a little nod to Journey. It's story is really good and some parts of it are outright gorgeous.

It came higher in the Globe and Mail's (a newspaper) game of the year this year than Journey although not quite sure I agree with that but it's still a testament to the games quality.

12 Deals of Christmas - this is a good one - very tempted!

Deal 11: Hitman Absolution – Was £49.99/€59.99, now £19.99/€29.99. Additional 15% discount for PS Plus members (£16.99/€25.49). Offer expires 11.59pm on 22nd December.

It's the same price you'd pay for a retail copy, though. Unless you're a PS+ member, in which case you save a whopping £3! Deal of the century, right there.

Also I think it's a terrible game, but I know some people liked it. :p

DAAAAYUUUMN...

That is good...

Edit: I'll take Magnus' word for it that it blows and save money.

Everyone should download the new Jetpack Joyride (not the $4 Mini) it's FREE!!!!!! Trophy support as well. I've ploughed so many hours into the ios and android versions.

Once you get past the first few boring chapters in Uncharted: Golden Abyss it becomes bloody awesome. I think it's got the best shooting bits of any of the series; seriously, no bullet sponges, you can get head shots pretty reasonably and the AI is way less aggressive. I'm really surprised. After Uncharted 2 this is definitely my favourite in the series.

Unfinished Swan

• Really enjoyed the problem solving and mechanics introduced
  • The moment when you realise you can use paint for depth and work out where you are is something I'll never forget
  • Quite touching how the story comes together
  • Very good end credits

Liked the reference to Journey!

Journey

• Utterly fantastic
  • Story is wonderful, scenery is gorgeous
  • Played it in 1 sitting, had PS3 hooked up to surround sound and the music is majestic! Best soundtrack I've heard
  • Wonderful experience throughout and can see why its GOTY material

the companions met feature at the end is a nice touch

FarCry 3 for £25. But alas, i'm broke.

Yew same here...my brother has sent me a psn voucher which didn't arrive in...so it will be too late.

I went on a bit of a CEX spree today and got myself Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2 and Metal Gear HD Collection...

Need to make up for all the years I missed out on having a PS3!